Sunday, February 21, 2021

An Ohio man is marking the Christian tradition of Lent by giving up solid foods for 46 days and getting the majority of his sustenance from beer.

Comments

If his name was Homer this would get more traction.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-02-21 02:07 PM | Reply

3-5 beers a day. That cracks me up. For me that's not much but for most of the folks I know that's a night on the town.

#2 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-02-21 02:29 PM | Reply

"I only have three to five beers a day,"

If those are Guinness, that's basically a whole day's meal LOL.

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-02-21 02:39 PM | Reply

Cirrhosis coming his way soon.

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-02-21 03:03 PM | Reply

He says he did it the last two years and lost 40-50 lbs each time. Holy Cow ! Also I thought Lent was 40 days. Anyway I was going to suggest a welfare check on him and his family in a week or so since I know people who've tried to live on beer but apparently he will be alright.

#5 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-02-21 03:40 PM | Reply

If those are Guinness, that's basically a whole day's meal LOL.

#3 | POSTED BY GONOLES92

Maybe a lot of calories but Guinness is not high in alcohol. Not even as high as Bud Light.

#6 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-21 04:25 PM | Reply

Stupid is as stupid does.

#7 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-02-21 05:54 PM | Reply

The Paulaner Monks in Munich 200 years ago crafted a Spring Bock concoction for exactly the same purpose that is still being brewed today. Paulaner Salvator is devilishly daunting to find here in the land of watery skunk brew, but well worth the quest. Forewarned...it is 6% by volume.

#8 | Posted by dutch46 at 2021-02-22 01:45 AM | Reply

Correction: the recipe is close to 400 years old, and the current ABV is 7.9%.

#9 | Posted by dutch46 at 2021-02-22 02:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I've always been a fan of Stone brewing, but then I've always been an arrogant bastahd.

#10 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-02-22 11:27 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

There is a lot of damn good local beer made in Zinzinnati--God forbid this guy drinks some of that garbage factory beer. His diet is not far from that of many Cincinnati Germans from the 19th Century. A quart of draft in the morning, same at lunch, and real dinner...

#11 | Posted by catdog at 2021-02-22 01:28 PM | Reply