Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A man has been arrested in Florida after pointing a shotgun at his neighbor for flying a Joe Biden flag, police have said. Edward Lacourse, 75 was arrested in Fort Myers on Monday and faces an aggravated assault with a weapon charge, according to Lee County Sheriff's Office records. His neighbors, who live next to Lacourse's home at 13505 Marquette Boulevard, told police that he started verbally abusing them after becoming upset about a "Biden Flag" on their property.

Comments

The election is long over, why are they still flying a Biden flag? The only reason I can see is stupid tribalism, which Biden is against.

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2021-02-24 07:59 AM | Reply

... why are they still flying a Biden flag? ...

Doesn't matter.

A neighbor should not point a gun at another neighbor because of a flag that is flying. Period. Full stop.

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-02-24 09:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Ted,
I have seen a dozen Trump flags in the last 2 weeks in rural Illinois.
I have seen no Biden flags.

What's your point?

#3 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2021-02-24 09:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#1 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST

How does the Trumper saying go? "---- their feelings!"

#4 | Posted by a_monson at 2021-02-24 10:25 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#4 ... How does the Trumper saying go? ...

Profane anti-Biden flag causing controversy in Connecticut, around the nation
www.courant.com

...Flags flying outside two homes in Plymouth proclaim in stark " and some have complained, vulgar and inappropriate language " the residents' rejection of the November election results and President Joe Biden.

About a half mile apart in the town's Terryville section, both banners hang below American flags and state in bold, white letters on blue background, "F---- BIDEN," and below that, in smaller type, "And ... you for voting for him!"

Plymouth police Capt. Edward Benecchi said residents have complained, saying neighborhood kids and students passing on school buses should not have to see such profanity.

But Benecchi said police consulted with the state's attorney's office in New Britain and found "we are unable to intercede as it would violate (the residents') First Amendment right to free speech."...

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-02-24 10:46 AM | Reply

... why are they still flying a Biden flag? ...

Did anyone ask these questions the last four years?

Why?

Because he can.

That is no reason to point a gun at him.

Aggravated assault with a weapon...womp womp. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Guess what he's won? Loss of his guns and a hefty legal bill and a years supply of Rice a Roni Peter.

#6 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-02-24 11:06 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#1 So the victim was asking for it by the way they dressed, ah, their house?

#7 | Posted by bored at 2021-02-24 03:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

No one ever condoned pointing a gun at anybody. My point is I find it lame that some Dems are choosing to play the stupid tribal games that the Trumphumpers play.

#8 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2021-02-24 03:25 PM | Reply

"... why are they still flying a Biden flag? ..."

^
When even flying a Biden flag trolls the libs!

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-24 03:31 PM | Reply

'Member when we used to let our freak flags fly?

Mine is more like a pandemic pennant now.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2021-02-24 03:34 PM | Reply

Did anyone ask these questions the last four years?
#6 | POSTED BY NIXON

Lots of people did, and the answer was usually, "Because they're stupid cultists".

I don't think Biden wants or needs to be worshiped that way.

#11 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2021-02-24 03:35 PM | Reply

Jimi
www.youtube.com
CSNY
www.youtube.com

#12 | Posted by Corky at 2021-02-24 03:38 PM | Reply

I saw 5 Trump flags in CA recently.

They are increasingly faded, worn, frayed, and ratty.

It's pathetic to see a cult falling apart.

#13 | Posted by Tor at 2021-02-24 04:33 PM | Reply

@#8 ... My point is I find it lame that some Dems are choosing to play the stupid tribal games ..

I disagree with your premise.

One house in my neighborhood flies the flag of Italy in their front yard.

Is that tribal also?

#14 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-02-24 08:07 PM | Reply

"I saw 5 Trump flags in CA recently."

There's one or two on my block, probably five on the street, but most of them have come down lately.

I might have to take the back way and see if that one guy with a regular sized American flag and a much larger Thin Blue Line flag still has his ginormous Trump flag up. (He's got a pristine shiny new dirt-free lifted truck too.)

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-24 08:27 PM | Reply

They Sound like good Americans. Freedom of speech and expression is their right under the constitution. Suck it up,fella. Let those banners fly.

I'm getting an ISIS flag to fly from my trailer, I believe in freedom of speech, especially when it's totally offensive.

I'm a REAL American. I walk the walk,baby.

#16 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-02-25 01:07 AM | Reply