Thursday, February 25, 2021

Americans of all ages, education levels, genders, races and political parties say they're more likely than not to get the coronavirus vaccine -- except Republicans.

Comments

Is that a problem?

Can't we just put them all in TX with the crappy electric grid and build a wall around it?

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-02-25 08:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Found out the other day some of my family is hesitant because they think it will change their DNA.

Not sure why they'd go on believing such nonsense when they could call me and I'd gladly explain why it's not true.

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2021-02-25 09:57 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

That's good news actually. Fewer Rs. In all the trials exactly zero people who got a vaccine died. Stupidity kills.

#3 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2021-02-25 11:40 AM | Reply

All the *Conservatives I know are trying hard to get the shot. We get the 2nd shot March 3.
I call BS.

#4 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-02-25 11:53 AM | Reply

Re: #4

The article claims LEAST likely and Republicans.

Your anecdotal evidence about Conservatives is irrelevant.

RIF

#5 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2021-02-25 12:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Why ask an expert when all the info is on Facebook or Parler?

I face the same thing as a climate scientist with some of my family in regards to climate change. Apparently, I'm being brainwashed (despite the fact that I do my own research that has been published) and don't get my information (raw data) through the proper channels (which is some dumb Q meme on Facebook). The peer reviewers are all in on it too.

Its stupid, and changing their mind is hopeless.

#6 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-02-25 12:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

That's because too many of them believe stupid propaganda like this:

One year ago today, Kayleigh McEnany made a really bad COVID prediction, but what's really special is how she also made a bad terrorism prediction in the same sentence

twitter.com

#7 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-02-25 12:27 PM | Reply

I call BS.

#4 | Posted by phesterOBoyle

Yes, your personal anecdote proves that larger groups of data are wrong.

Just like if it doesn't rain at your house, then it didn't rain anywhere.

Because when you have a toddler's brain, the things you can't see don't exist.

#8 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-02-25 01:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#8 | Posted by SpeakSoftly

Yup. Yet another example of how conservative shape their narrow world-view by relying on anecdotes instead of seeing the bigger picture.

#9 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-02-25 02:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"instead of seeing the bigger picture."

What bigger picture?
--Eberly

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-25 02:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Oh good I don't want them surviving either.

#11 | Posted by Tor at 2021-02-25 02:20 PM | Reply

Not everyone enjoys being penetrated.

#12 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-02-25 03:28 PM | Reply

Good, then they can stop lying or using political contacts to cut the line, and those leave doses for those who want and need them.

#13 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-02-25 03:59 PM | Reply

We just had a nice article about how those that are radicalized or should I say prone to radicalization are not capable of higher cognitive thought. So Facebook post from a talking bobble head simple saying something like: "They are tagging you for xyz..." or "They are changing your DNA" or whatever other crazy bs while not offering any actual proof is all the "Proof" they need.

Right wingers? Enough said.
Antivacers? Enough Said.
Minority communities are prone to rumor and mistrust of authority for good reason. So I can see that.

I get some people having legitimate fears and then there are the schizophrenics - the rest have simply had their minds turned to mush.

#14 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-02-25 05:13 PM | Reply

What would you expect? It's the Party of Pinheads.

#15 | Posted by Jaspar at 2021-02-25 07:05 PM | Reply

This is great! It's a self correcting problem :)

Positive feedback loop to the rescue!

#16 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-02-25 07:49 PM | Reply

MOre nonsense from the party of less freedom and limitless control. If someone doesn't want the shot, it's on them not you. And please spare me the bulls*&t line where your's don't work unless they get one too.

#17 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-25 07:58 PM | Reply

"If someone doesn't want the shot, it's on them not you."

If someone doesn't want to not drive when they're drunk, is that not on me too?

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-25 08:00 PM | Reply

It's a travesty that wisgod tied up a perfectly good ventilator.

#19 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2021-02-25 08:03 PM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

^
Calls herd immunity bull ----.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-25 08:05 PM | Reply

Calls herd immunity bull ----.

#20 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-02-25 08:05 PM

I didn't say that. You did. If a small percentage doesn't want the shot, how's that going to endanger you?

#21 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-25 08:06 PM | Reply

#21 | Posted by BellRinger

"small percentage"

30% of the US easily.

I'm fine with that, if I could push a button and make it happen I wouldn't hesitate.

#22 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-02-25 08:17 PM | Reply

There is a button?
And you didn't tell me?

#23 | Posted by bored at 2021-02-25 08:30 PM | Reply

#23 | Posted by bored

Well obviously I'm the last one you would want to trust with that information.

"So this button does X and don't push it unless it's absolutely necessary."

Gahh push push push!

"You need a key first you rabid POS!"

pout...

#24 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-02-25 08:34 PM | Reply

I'd rather get rid of anti-maskers than anti-vaxxers.

#25 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-02-25 08:59 PM | Reply

"There will be no herd immunity in the US without a massive culling of anti-vaxer, tRump supporting, uneducated red state trash."

The GOP is a Death Cult.

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-25 09:17 PM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

For some people that's true. Yet again a "C-c-conservative" shows they have zero ability to empathize with anybody.

But there's more than that. Their----------- ass is going to soak up a bed and somebody else's insurance dollars to pay for their ICU stay, because we know most Trumpers sure as hell aren't well off enough to easily shrug off a COVID level health care expense.

#27 | Posted by jpw at 2021-02-25 11:47 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Almost 60% of Repubs are a no or unsure.

That's not a small percentage.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2021-02-25 11:49 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Because that's how herd immunity works.

#29 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-26 12:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If a small percentage of drunks want to drive drunk, how's that going to endanger you?

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-26 12:09 AM | Reply

Because that's how herd immunity works.

#29 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Last I saw about 30% of voters identified as Republican.

If that 60% follow through that's about 18% of voters.

en.wikipedia.org

If 70% or so of the population is of voting age, that means about 13% of the populace is a hard no or unsure enough to not commit.

Doesn't leave much wiggle room to reach herd immunity considering it has to be between 70-80% vaccination rates.

#31 | Posted by jpw at 2021-02-26 12:38 AM | Reply

Of course, these hicks do not want to take the shot....they are simply minded rubes of the brainwashed sort could you expect any less of them?

#32 | Posted by tknees at 2021-02-26 12:52 PM | Reply

If someone doesn't want to not drive when they're drunk, is that not on me too?

#18 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-02-25 08:00 PM | REPLY

And why haven't
we reverted back to prohibition?

#33 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-26 09:22 PM | Reply

Because we reverted back to not having prohibition.

#34 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-02-26 09:24 PM | Reply

#32 | POSTED BY TKNEES AT 2021-02-26 12:52 PM | REPLY | F

Hey banjo player, Not everyone is ok with ignoring their intuition like a dumbass Hillbilly willing to take a stab.

#35 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-26 09:24 PM | Reply

Because we reverted back to not having prohibition.

#34 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-02-26 09:24 PM |
which did what for the problem?

#36 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-26 09:25 PM | Reply

Problem went away - not so much.
People still did what the wanted.
Gov't said I'll take the money

#37 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-26 09:26 PM | Reply

The gov't could not control the issue so they taxed the ---- out of it. They don't care how many people die in car wrecks. They only care about the revenue. And it's the same with the shot.

#38 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-02-26 09:29 PM | Reply

#38 Congratulations, you are wrong about everything.

The government has written and enforced laws and regulations that have reduced car wrecks and injury and death from car wrecks, in spite of massive increases in the number of people and cars on the road.

The government doesn't make money on vaccines.

#39 | Posted by bored at 2021-02-26 09:47 PM | Reply

Personally, I don't understand hesitancy about getting vaccines.

As a kid, I got small pox, measles, and other vaccinations. Also, vaccinations for a plethora of diseases before embarking on USO tours; yellow fever, malaria, and many others.

What are these adults afraid of?

I thought 'conservatives' were "Pro-life?" What is more "pro-life" than getting effective vaccines that prevents catching COVID and spreading it to others who could die of it, or dying from it ourselves?

#40 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-02-27 06:47 AM | Reply

BTW, I have an appointment for my first dose a week from tomorrow. Yay!

#41 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-02-27 07:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I hate turning my DR threads into swiss cheese but I had to plonk Bellringer. Obviously an idiot troll, and likely sock puppet just mucking up threads by overstupidity.

I'm hoping by ignoring him he will be gone soon. I would recommend any sane, intellectually honest DR poster to do the same.

It's one thing to argue with the known idiots on here, we don't need more fake disingenuous trolls making the dialogue even more infantile.

Here's a clue, if you are bringing up Hillary Clinton on a COVID vaccine thread, you are a disingenuous troll...that should be baseline.

#42 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-02-27 10:00 AM | Reply

Awesome to hear AU!

#43 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-02-27 10:00 AM | Reply

#43 | Posted by bocaink

Thanks. It's Pfizer here. I'll let ya know how it goes ...

#44 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-02-28 04:32 AM | Reply