Friday, March 05, 2021

On January 5, 2021, Trump had told Steve Hilton, of Fox News, that he had been so worried about the prospect of violence in Washington on January 6th that he had ordered the military to deploy ten thousand troops there, only to be rebuffed by "the people at the Capitol." [Wait for it.]

Comments

Here's the kicker:

When I asked Milley about what Trump had said, his reply was clear. "As the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, if there was an order for ten thousand National Guardsmen, I would like to believe I would know that," he said. "I know that was never transmitted to me by anyone--the President, the Secretary of Defense, or anyone else--for the 6th of January."

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-03-04 11:41 PM | Reply

MFA:

Milley told me and two other reporters travelling with him this week that he was shocked at what the attack had revealed. "For me, January 6th clearly and unambiguously exposed a domestic extremist threat that I didn't realize the size, scale, and scope of," he said. "People are entitled to believe what they want," he said, "but you can't act out on it. And you can't go smash windows at the Capitol. You can't break into buildings. You can't put bear spray into a police officer's face. You can't bash him with a stick. You can't commit violence or other acts." He warned that such crimes undermine "the very essence of what this Republic is all about."

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-03-04 11:45 PM | Reply

Uh, exactly how many Qanon loons showed up? Where there shots fired? Did someone get hurt? Was Alex Jones there?

I heard they toppled the United States government.

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-03-05 12:59 AM | Reply

If I had to make a bet, I would bet that Heliumrat is the most likely to have a computer full of Qanon dribble at home.
I pity your Facebook friends.

#4 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2021-03-05 12:59 PM | Reply

"Let's have a war!
Sell the rights to the networks!
Let's have a war!
Let our wallets get fat like last time!
Let's have a war!
Give guns to the ------!
Let's have a war!
The enemy's within!"

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-03-05 01:12 PM | Reply

Fear rocks!!

#6 | Posted by qcp at 2021-03-05 01:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I heard they toppled the United States government.

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat

Enough showed up to attempt an insurrection, due to the propaganda from a fascist party of liars. Of course alex jones was there. Shots were fired.

They tried to topple the government, but they failed, because they're a klan of failures. They've failed their whole lives, trump told them to blame others, so they fell in love with trump. This insurrection was just their latest failure, but they'll blame others as they always do.

#7 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-03-05 01:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#4 | Posted by 503jc69

Seriously, no. When I heard about Qanon, I looked up it's posts on ------- and laughed my ass off. The first one was an obvious fantasy that didn't come true. And it was all a fantasy story. I't was like falling down Russia gate if if you where some kind of dumb-ass woke cultist or something.

Jesus.

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-03-05 05:30 PM | Reply

#7 | Posted by SpeakSoftly

That is just... so... awesome.

Yeah, I would surrendered to Alex Jones. Just to see what happens.

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-03-05 05:33 PM | Reply

POSTED BY HELIUMRAT

Do you take pride in displaying how ignorant you are?

You've proven yourself to be a worthless poster.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-03-05 05:42 PM | Reply

"January 6th clearly and unambiguously exposed a domestic extremist threat that I didn't realize the size, scale, and scope of"

If he spent five minutes on the Drudge Retort, he would realize the scope of the problem.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-03-05 06:01 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2021-03-05 06:16 PM | Reply

"It means if you hear anybody in DC chanting Trump slogans you treat them the same way you would an Arab in DC chanting Allah Akbar."

How is that, exactly?

#13 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2021-03-05 06:20 PM | Reply

"How is that, exactly?"

Leave the mosque that you accidentally walked into? LOL.

#14 | Posted by nerfherder at 2021-03-05 06:47 PM | Reply

In both cases it depends on the context.

#15 | Posted by Tor at 2021-03-05 08:22 PM | Reply