Lessie what happened:
1. At night, non-uniformed officers blaring loud music from a very loud stereo system were yelling from an unmarked truck caused Cooper to leave his home and confront them on the road outside.
2. He told them to leave or he would call the police.
3. The sheriffs department is on record that they admit they didn't identify themselves during the press briefing the next day.
4. As Cooper was slowly driving back up the road to his home a deputy ran up to the driver side from behind juniper bushes - which are still on the same lot in the same place. Cooper pushed him away then sped up a few hundred feet, turned his truck and stopped it.
5. Another person walked up to the truck who was also waiting along the path closer to his house.
6. "At that point Sergeant Brown saw Cooper extend his right arm of the driver's side open window as if he were surrendering" Arizona Department of Public Safety Investigative Report
7. Another vehicle then approached at high speed from the direction of his home, cutting him off.
8. Cooper turned up the embankment to avoid collision, tearing off the exhaust system from his truck and made it to his driveway stopping next to his daughters car which was facing the opposite direction parked on the street.
9. Cooper got out and ran behind his truck which was facing away from the driveway the direction he travelled from.
10. He tried to make it across his yard and into the house.
11. Sheriff Goldsmith ran up and behind the second parked car.
12. Cooper has run halfway across his yard to his home when the police allege that he instead decided to begin shooting backwards with a .38 S&W, using his right arm while facing away.
13. "Cooper turned and fled when the deputies identified themselves. He opened fire with a handgun as two deputies closed in, wounding an officer in the head. The other officer shot Cooper." Phoenix, Associated Press
14. The one bullet shot from Cooper made a hole through the second vehicles driver side window travelling through the passenger side front windshield from Cooper shows that angle was impossible from his position. This is the vehicle that officer Goldsmith was hiding behind. Somehow, this is the same bullet that allegedly hit officer Robert Marinez who was in a different place altogether.
15. Goldsmith opened fire hitting Cooper multiple times.
16. Bill fell at his porch, dead.
17. November 6, 2001 The AZ channel 13 news claims that police shot a "militia member" and that they dressed as "rowdy teenagers in the back of a pickup truck in the hopes of luring him out, and it apparently worked."