Monday, April 05, 2021

If words were bullets, an enraged Michigan resident could have done some serious damage to a handful of Boogaloo Bois armed with assault rifles at a protest on an Ann Arbor street Sunday.

Comments

"Take your steroid-shrunken nuts out of Ann Arbor. F**k off."

#1 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2021-04-05 11:39 AM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

Unfortunately they'll view it as an incident that reinforces their beliefs.

Once you're off the deep end it's more work to get out than to linger in la-la land.

Do they think walking around with Ar's and 30 round clips is protecting their freedom?

All it's doing is getting them placed on a watch list and enabling more scrutiny on their social media accounts.

Because all these cock-womblers have social media accounts. I'd wager they don't really give a ---- about the 2nd amendment and just crave attention - whether it be positive or negative. Most likely stemming from an absence of attention during pivotal stages of development because Mommy was workin' at the strip club while daddy (this week's daddy) was passed out drunk.

#2 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2021-04-05 03:50 PM | Reply

I'm calling White Privilege on both sides of this one.

Blacks open carrying would be interdicted by the police.

Blacks confronting open carry would be shot.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-05 03:59 PM | Reply

What is it about being a right winger and feeling the need to carry huge firearms openly in public places? Is this a 'tiny weener' issue?

#4 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-04-05 05:06 PM | Reply

#4 Trolling the libs is its own reward.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-05 05:19 PM | Reply

And for true Trumpers, being prosecuted in Federal Court for rioting and insurrection is an even more enviable reward.

#6 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-04-05 05:22 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by moder8

Sorry but they just scream "incel".

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-04-05 06:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The reaction to him questioning their involvement in the insurrection was priceless.

#8 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-04-05 06:34 PM | Reply

Now that the right wing ------------ are riled up they're likely to kill more cops.

#9 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2021-04-06 02:07 AM | Reply

Blacks open carrying would be interdicted by the police.

Blacks confronting open carry would be shot.

#3 | Posted by snoofy

I'm a member of a black, 2nd amendment group here in NC. We open carry all the time and we have yet to be confronted by police..

Keep your racism at home please..

#10 | Posted by boaz at 2021-04-06 07:57 AM | Reply

It's none of your business what they think. That's their right. Your too, but what you choose to do with your right is your business.

That's what you fail to understand. When they open carry, they are talking to the government and those who wish to harm them and take their rights away, I cant help it you think they are talking to you.

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2021-04-06 08:00 AM | Reply

Well, Boaz, in public it becomes everyone's business. Who knows whether this AR packing fool is sane or not? It's not worth the chance, so keep your weapons on a concealed-carry basis. No need to alarm the public. Plus, you'd be the first one taken out if a robbery was taking place. It's like an albatross hanging around your neck. And I say this as a gun-owning liberal.

#12 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 08:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Boaz, do you not feels the least bit silly carrying an AR-15, SKS, or AK47 into public with you? It would me. It would seem like a pusillanimous gesture simply to get attention. In the most awkward and antisocial manner.

#13 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 08:19 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You're mentally ill.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2021-04-06 09:18 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This is such a cluster f&%* of stupidity.

They don't seem to have a well though out reason for being there and seem genuinely surprised that they're not being greeted as guardians of the community but with contempt and anger.

Basically, they're what we would expect of righties-ill informed, God complexed yokels.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2021-04-06 09:28 AM | Reply

Well, Boaz, in public it becomes everyone's business.

Unfortunately, when you're as narrow minded and self-absorbed as your average "C-c-conservative" is you can't see that this guy was exercising his rights as much as they were. More so, I'd say.

I'm curious what he meant by "I lived it." Would be hilarious if he was a vet while the basement dwellers thought they had an "argument" because they managed to stumble upon our country's founding document.

As if they're special and particularly well informed by doing so LOL

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2021-04-06 09:34 AM | Reply

I've always assumed the long gun exemption was for ease of travel and access to hunting blinds or gun ranges. Not for blatant exhibition in public. These guys are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

I made the mistake of carrying my .30-06 without its case to my car once in an apartment complex I lived in. A girl was sitting on some steps going up to the second floor and said, "OOOooo, going killing, I see." I told her, "no, just varmints." But I never carried a firearm in full view in public again.

#17 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 09:47 AM | Reply

I really was going to the free firing range off a forest road west of New Waverly, TX. I've never killed an animal in my life, except for roaches, spiders, junebugs, mosquitoes, yellow-jackets, ants, and accidentally mediterranean geckos hanging around my front door jamb at night. Oh, and a couple times I've run over frogs with my lawn mower.

#18 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 09:52 AM | Reply

Oh, and one time a blue songbird crashed into my window going 70 mph on State Hwy 7 between Marquez an Centerville. And a lanky bird-dog on FM 149 via FM 1971 between Huntsville and Montgomery, TX.

#19 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 09:59 AM | Reply

Correction FM 1791.

#20 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 10:01 AM | Reply

I'm calling White Privilege on both sides of this one.

#3 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-04-05 03:59 PM | FLAG:

10/10 on the casual racism assuming black people can't do something lol.

#21 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-04-06 10:22 AM | Reply

Boogaloos are definitely not Trump Supporters. Any Boogaloo at the insurrection were there to assault police and promote general anarchy, not support Trump. The Media likes to call the Boogaloo right wing extremists, but they have elements of leftist extremism as well and don't fall neatly into either category.

#22 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-04-06 10:26 AM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY MADSCIENTIST AT 2021-04-06 09:47 AM | FLAG:

Are they? You're referencing areas just North of Houston. There's so much kurfluffle locally when it comes to Open Carry and it hasn't changed anything. Black militias on 288, Whites & Mexicans from Open Carry Texas in Fifth Ward. Same people protesting a Sheriff for arresting a bunch of open carriers in front of a club that reopened illegally during the lockdown. Gun rights here continue to get more permissive, not less.

#23 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-04-06 10:30 AM | Reply

I didn't say blacks can't do it.

I'm saying if they did, there would be a police response.

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 10:56 AM | Reply

I think a better response would be to hand them pamphlets from the local incel support group.

#25 | Posted by bored at 2021-04-06 11:00 AM | Reply

Sitzkrieg, Huntsville, New Waverly, Conroe, Shenandoah, and the Woodlands, and Montgomery have a definite city vibe to them. It's like night and day between them and say central Texas. There's more money the closer to Houston you get. And you feel it from the people who live there. Waco and its environs are much more rural and don't have the opportunity to spend money by superfluous means on exotic dining, shopping, etc.

I was living in an apartment complex in Conroe, TX when I got taunted for carrying a long gun from my apartment to my car. I figured I'd better keep it in its box or carrying case from then on.

#26 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 11:01 AM | Reply

The apartment complex catered to entry-level professionals. I lived in a $325/month efficiency two-room pad with two sliding glass doors that opened up on the pool. I was 525 square feet or 30 x 30 feet square. I saved a lot of money living there and made several friends there. Once a couple of the rich, kept girls came down to my apartment, drunk and in bikinis, and asked me to come lay out with them at the pool...as a sort of uvuncular beard I suppose. And a convenient go-getter of several bottles of chardonnay. I brought the wine, several wine glasses, and a rolled-up fatty while we sat in the hot tub. It was very strange. No hanky-panky went on, but a lot of teasing. Which I was still too young to do anything about but be flattered. Youth is wasted on the young.

#27 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 11:09 AM | Reply

#17 Open carry laws vary from state to state, some wide open, others more restricted. I think Michigan is pretty wide open. Just curious, wondering why you have a 30-06 if you don't hunt? Heirloom?

#28 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-04-06 11:21 AM | Reply

No, I bought it around the corner from Academy about 30 years ago. The Plant Manager offered me the opportunity to go hunting with him on his deer lease out in the Sam Houston National Forest. When I had the opportunity to kill Bambi, I chickened out. I would have rather gone and play with the beast instead of killing it. I suppose if I was hungry enough, I'd kill it, dress it, strip the backstraps off and made a meal out of it. It's a Remington 7400 autoloader. The same weapon used in WWI. It is heavy, loud, and accurate up to 500m. Three hundred meter targets are no problem.

#29 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 11:33 AM | Reply

I'd go with Woodlands being mixed urban/suburban at this point, but New Waverly is a quaint, rural area. It has a very nice little RC airfield in it.

30-06 is the same bullet. The rifle, the 7400 came out in the 60s, designed off of the 870 shotgun's action, which is post-ww2 but one of the most popular shotguns in history. The 870 came from the 31 which came from the 17. The latter two were used by police and the US military in the WW1 period, but not for trench warfare. The standard US army rifle shooting that caliber in WW1 was the Springfield M1903, which was an Americanized version of the 1893 Mauser. It was replaced by the Garand until WW2.

and Snoofy, the only way the cops are rolling up on the open carrying black people is if you're the actual white person calling them. People are numb to it here.

#30 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-04-06 11:58 AM | Reply

"People are numb to it here."

But not in Ann Arbor, as the video clearly shows.

"the only way the cops are rolling up on the open carrying black people is if you're the actual white person calling them."

Mighty white of you to give me credit for the entire white race!

#31 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 12:03 PM | Reply

"525 square feet or 30 x 30 feet square"

Not sure what I'm missing here... is this a case of everything's bigger in Texas?

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 12:05 PM | Reply

Cops assume everyone is carrying so at least with open carrying they know which hand to watch. When I see someone open carrying for no apparent purpose or direction I give them a wide berth because I know they are a little unhinged but I don't find them intimidating. I've never seen an incident of an open carry proponent actually shooting someone. When I see someone open carrying and moving swiftly with some real purpose, that is the time to worry about an active shooter, but then again....at least you get some warning. Not so with the guy with the AK in a violin case.

#33 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-04-06 12:07 PM | Reply

Cuing up the trolls, me saying, "I've never seen" is not the same as "it's never happened". Bring on the links. I'm sure it has, but I don't think open carry demonstrators actually shooting people is "a widespread.problem".

#34 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-04-06 12:11 PM | Reply

32 It was small but sufficient to my and my girlfriends needs at the time. It was in a good part of town right on the north side of loop 336. It's still there, but housing projects ruined the old-growth pine forests around it. We could go hiking on the animal trains for miles and get lost.

#35 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 12:18 PM | Reply

trails not trains.

#36 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 12:19 PM | Reply

"I don't think open carry demonstrators actually shooting people is "a widespread.problem".

Did someone say it was?

#37 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 12:22 PM | Reply

#30 Sitzkrieg, I bow to your knowledge. I also owned an 870, but sold it to my next-door neighbor for $100 and a 6-pack of Heineken in bottles.

#38 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-06 12:28 PM | Reply

We open carry all the time and we have yet to be confronted by police..
Keep your racism at home please..

#10 | POSTED BY BOAZ

That's cause they know the Right's favorite motto: "shoot them with their own guns".

Black and open carry?I guess that kills the old Big black *you know what* fable.

#39 | Posted by northguy3 at 2021-04-06 12:55 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BYBOAZ

Why?

"It's none of your business what they think."

You walk around armed, and won't even say why?

You're just trolling.

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 01:14 PM | Reply

If I chose to or felt the need, no, I wouldnt.

It would me. Ok.

It would seem like a pusillanimous gesture simply to get attention. Ok. Your opinion. Dont open carry. You still dont get to take my right to do it if I please.

Why? Because we can, and it's none of your business.

You walk around armed, and won't even say why?

Again, none of your business, so mind yours. I dont need to get into a discussion of my rights with you.

#41 | Posted by boaz at 2021-04-06 03:17 PM | Reply

"I dont need to get into a discussion of my rights with you."

You're clearly provoking that discussion by your ostentatious display.

You could walk around with a panty on your head too. Tell people it's none of their business. And you'd be just as much a fool.

#42 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 03:19 PM | Reply

And, as has been pointed out:

What happens in public is the public's business.

You're just a cantankerous ornery lout if you think otherwise.

#43 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 03:23 PM | Reply

What happens in public is the public's business.

Actually, no it's not. Not where the 2nd is concerned. See the 2nd amendment if you are confused.

#44 | Posted by boaz at 2021-04-06 03:36 PM | Reply

"The only thing "in public" that's the public's concerned is violation of law. Anything else is none of your business."

You'll never accept this, but you're wrong.

public
/p'blik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: public
of or concerning the people as a whole.

Things that concern the people as a whole are the people as a whole's business. By definition.

#45 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 04:04 PM | Reply

#44 so you have a constitutional right to carry a weapon in public but nobody has a constitutional right to say something to you about it?

Your views on rights always seem shall we say...selective.

#46 | Posted by jpw at 2021-04-06 04:46 PM | Reply

Everyone has a right to say something. If he wants to carry in peoples faces,they have a right to say something. He can tell them to bugger off, but the whole thing is uncomfortable and meant to be so. Open carry for it's own sake is ostentatious and obnoxious behavior,and Boaz knows it.

#47 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-04-06 08:45 PM | Reply

Open carry for it's own sake is ostentatious and obnoxious behavior...

My fave ever was a jagoff in Oregon with a pair of Glocks in a reverse grip twin rig trying to look like a modern day Wild Bill.

#48 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-04-06 08:51 PM | Reply

I always feel an uncontrollable urge to grab the ------------- gun. Good thing I controlled it. They piss me right off.

#49 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-04-06 10:13 PM | Reply

Oh neat, Lilly white racist comrade Boazo is pretending to be a black guy again.

#50 | Posted by a_monson at 2021-04-06 10:47 PM | Reply

Mighty white of you to give me credit for the entire white race!
#31 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-04-06 12:03 PM | FLAG:

See, there go you again with your mild racism. Thinking white people have a monopoly on it lol.

#51 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-04-07 08:49 AM | Reply