Incidentally, after 35 years of driving, I've discovered heuristically through trial and error to do these following things:
1. Don't speed. There really isn't any reason to now that the speed limits are 75-85 mph in west Texas. And 75 on even most rural state highways and Farm-to-Market roads.
2. If you'vfe had a couple drinks during dinner or at a sports bar with co-workers, light a cigar to mask the smell of alcohol.
3. If you are pulled over, stay calm and tell the officer, "You got me, man", even though you might have done nothing wrong in thefirst place. Like them mistaking a car passing you for you. I tried arguing this in traffic court by lost by a long margin. Since I had no passenger to corroborate my testimony.
4. So, just defuse the situation immediately so the cop doesn't get to enter into his righteous indignation of apprehending you as a law breaker.
5. It has always worked ever since my best friends father told me to use this tactic. I've always gotten off with a warning since.
6. However, I am an orange-haired corn-fed whiteboy. I don't know how well these theories work in real life with black and latino citizens.