Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Walter Kim, president of the National Association of Evangelicals, said misinformation and political polarization have contributed to the problem in his religious community. His group is partnering with the Ad Council on a new initiative reaching out to evangelicals with the message that getting the coronavirus vaccine may be a way to "love your neighbor."

Comments

Love your neighbour and join Bill Gates' robot lizard army? I ain't falling for that one.

#1 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-04-06 09:44 AM | Reply

Love your neighbor... wear a mask.

Love your neighbor... make it easier (not harder) to vote.

Love your neighbor... don't lie to them.

Love your neighborhood and help rebuild it.

You have a long way to go Christian.

#2 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-04-06 09:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I've read that these evangelical phonies are among the worst at getting vaccinated. Too busy drinking the Trump-ade?

Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"
-Genesis 4:9

#3 | Posted by catdog at 2021-04-06 09:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sounds like here is one trying to change that but y'all just want to tear him down

#4 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-04-06 11:14 AM | Reply

There are at least a few trying to change that, even Franklin F'n Graham, surprisingly enough.

Perhaps there is a sorting of the religious from the political.... maybe, perhaps... well, it would be a miracle.

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2021-04-06 12:12 PM | Reply

I'm getting the shot for ME. My neighbors are on their own.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-04-06 01:38 PM | Reply

Normally I'd take the word of these snake oil salesmen as good reason to abstain from whatever they're selling. But in this case, perhaps they are coming to terms with the idea that COVID is reducing their potential customer base.

#7 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2021-04-06 01:49 PM | Reply

In the macro, groups who don't take the vaccine, since they likely congregate with like-minded people, will have a greater winnowing than average. Not good news for Republicans.

#8 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-04-06 01:56 PM | Reply

tried today...3 nearest sites to me,
all said they had one of the shots,
all were booked solid. They just dropped
it to 18 and over though.

#9 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-04-06 02:01 PM | Reply

The Samaritan's Purse set up a field Hospital in New York City last year to deal with the pandemic.

The virus is very real and the least Christians can do is wear a proper mask while in public until the vaccine becomes available to them at which point they need to get it.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2021-04-06 02:23 PM | Reply

But... Evangelicals don't love their neighbors.

Evangelicals don't need no vaccine either. For they are bathed in the blood of Christ.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 02:28 PM | Reply

Mainstream protestantism seems to be based on brick-and-mortar churches the likes of which had leaders that could be held accountable for what they said and did.

Evangelicalism seems to be rooted in tent revivals conducted on the far end of town by a "minister" who would leave the day after it was over and do god-knows-what with the money.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2021-04-06 02:46 PM | Reply

Evangelicals who say, 'if the Lord calls me home' are committing suicide if they refused to mask and vax and die of COVID. (my wife's cousin, a Baptist preacher, said that to me at her mom's burial)

How can they claim to be 'Pro-life' when they may infect innocent people because they won't vax and won't wear masks to help prevent spread of a virus they can carry for up to 14 days without realizing they're infected?

Like the axiom says, 'church is where you find the most hypocrites.' (and Republican meetings nowadays)

#13 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-04-06 03:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If Lord calls me home is they're obnoxious self-indulgent way of saying everybody dies eventually and I've had hipsters tell me that in defense of their refusing to wear a mask or get vaccinated.

#14 | Posted by Tor at 2021-04-06 03:44 PM | Reply

Hipsters, LOL

But yeah, saying "if the lord calls me home" is saying you take no personal responsibility for your own choices in your own life.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-06 04:02 PM | Reply

Over 76,000 new cases of COVID yesterday.

10,000 higher than last week's average.

#16 | Posted by americanunity at 2021-04-06 06:58 PM | Reply

#1 Bill Gates gas a robot lizard army I can join?

Does it mostly involve surfing the web while on base after a few weeks of basic training?

Does it have sweet benies and early retirement into a cushy MIC job?

Where do I sign up?

#17 | Posted by bored at 2021-04-06 07:14 PM | Reply

For the Leonard Cohen fans...

www.youtube.com

#18 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-04-06 07:17 PM | Reply

#14,15
Yeah that is what I told the cop when he pulled me over for driving drunk while smoking crack in a school zone. I showed him my medical exemption card I printed and demanded that he respect my sovereign citizen rights.

#19 | Posted by bored at 2021-04-06 07:18 PM | Reply

Sadly Saint Patrick's day plus stupidity has led to a surge.

The sooner we get vaccinated the sooner we can opt out of the stupid waves of suffering.

#20 | Posted by Tor at 2021-04-06 07:19 PM | Reply

Yesterday's new case total - 76,624 - was 12,000 above the last week's average case numbers.

#21 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-04-06 07:21 PM | Reply

Tuesday's totals are, like Monday's, above those of summer's surge:

New Cases:

+73,200

COVID deaths:

+2,564 !!

www.google.com

(Google 'COVID-19 U.S.' for daily totals updated throughout the day

#22 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-04-08 03:11 AM | Reply

Correction: Those are yesterday's (Wednesday) totals.

#23 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-04-08 03:14 AM | Reply