Thursday, April 08, 2021

A highly infectious variant of the coronavirus that was first identified in Britain has now become the most common source of new infections in the United States, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday -- a worrisome development that comes as officials and scientists warn of a possible fourth virus surge.

Comments

Got any phony Christians or GOP anti-vaxxers in your life? Better say goodbye to them while you can...

#1 | Posted by catdog at 2021-04-08 01:53 PM | Reply

Faster than projected.

IIRC initial estimates in late Jan into Feb were this would occur in early May.

Yay opening back up?

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2021-04-08 03:50 PM | Reply

If it bothers you, I recommend a flight from wherever you are in to PAFA.

From there you can hitchhike down to the Stampede Trail. The magic bus is no longer there, so you'll need to bring a tent. But since the magic bus is no longer there...less tourists

#3 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-04-08 04:04 PM | Reply

I've said goodbye to all the QANONsensers and dumb@ss anti-vaxxers last year.
May they all die a horribly painful and extended death.

#4 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-04-08 04:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Who is scared?

You, or them?

It would seem most likely you're the one who is going back in to hiding.

#5 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-04-08 04:23 PM | Reply

You know, you seem like a complete and utter moron. So STFU.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-04-08 05:26 PM | Reply

I don't want these people to breed disease and die. I want the disease to dye. I want to be safe.

Two out of three ain't bad.

#7 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-04-08 05:41 PM | Reply

I want the disease to DIE not dye. WTF autotext? You really think I wanted to dye a disease? Really?

#8 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-04-08 05:42 PM | Reply

#6 It's what happens when your around a group of Kool-Aide drinkers in a military unit. They're better than everyone else, arrogant, and super-sure of their mighty ability to destroy our enemies' hidey-holes with impunity. Our economic system is twisted into a Darwinian system of worthiness.

#9 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-08 06:08 PM | Reply

In Republic, Socrates called them guard dogs, and needed a tight leash on them, lest they turn and rend the citizens.

#10 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-08 06:12 PM | Reply

The ruling liberals need everyone to stay scared. Whenever something happens that signals you can go back to normal life, WATCH OUT!!! A bigger bogey man is out there!!!!

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2021-04-08 06:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#11 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Were there calls for national lockdown with this news?

Didn't think so. Sit down.

#12 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2021-04-08 06:41 PM | Reply

#11 | Posted by boaz

Well, 'something' hasn't happened to make going back to normal life yet. Mostly because Trumpers and young people who think they're bulletproof won't take this pandemic seriously.

TODAY: 73,000+ new cases and 2564 DEATHS! Wrong trajectory.

www.google.com

Youth can be somewhat excused for thinking they're bulletproof, but not adult Trumpers who won't wear masks or get vaccinated. I ran into one of them yesterday who told me "the 2nd shots are killing people." Hm, wonder where he heard THAT nonsense, or why he refuses to something as simple as wearing a mask to protect others?

#13 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-04-08 07:49 PM | Reply

@#5 ... Who is scared? ...

I think "scared" is the wrong adjective to use.

"Knowledgeable of the potency of the enemy we face" would be a phrase I would use instead of the "scared" adjective that seems to be so pejoratively used by some.

#14 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-04-08 07:52 PM | Reply

"Who is scared?"

People who own guns?

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-08 07:55 PM | Reply

@#11 ... The ruling liberals need everyone to stay scared. ...

Ruling liberals?

That's so cute. Can I use it?

... stay scared. ...

Please see my #14. thx.

#16 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-04-08 07:55 PM | Reply

Leon Russell - Magic Mirror
www.youtube.com

Lyrics excerpt;

...
The left ones think I'm right
The right ones think I'm wrong
...

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-04-08 07:58 PM | Reply

I am not scared.
That is why we should eliminate the US Military and all the fraudulently granted benefits and pensions. The loss of US life from war is less than Covid in a year so we can ignore all risks of attack.

If it is my time to die from invasion, so be it.

#18 | Posted by bored at 2021-04-08 09:15 PM | Reply

Oh and Jesus will protect me, so why tax me and lock down state secrets that I want to spread around. Muh freedoms.

#19 | Posted by bored at 2021-04-08 09:18 PM | Reply

The Roman tax in 30AD (CE) was one denarius. Which was equal to one day's wage for a laborer. Not exactly what they show in the movies. If my taxes were $250/day I'd be doing cartwheels.

#20 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-08 09:22 PM | Reply

$250/year, that is.

#21 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-08 09:25 PM | Reply

"If my taxes were $250/day I'd be doing cartwheels."

No fair, that's Family_Values line!

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-04-08 09:28 PM | Reply

"Most U.S. Infections Are Now Caused by a Contagious Virus Variant ..."

Which continue to be spread by Trumpers and younger people who think they're bulletproof.

#23 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-04-09 04:28 AM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER
#11 | POSTED BY BOAZ

It's funny. The only two people to mention fear are the righties.

Try not to assume everybody else operates on base emotions, guys.

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2021-04-09 09:58 AM | Reply

Yesterday's COVID stats:

81,000+ new cases

1000 deaths

We are not headed in the right direction ...

#25 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-04-09 12:42 PM | Reply

If it is my time to die from invasion, so be it.

#18 | Posted by bored

That would mean something if only your selfish ass was the only one they would be taking and killing..

#26 | Posted by boaz at 2021-04-09 01:53 PM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY BOAZ

I really hope this was intentional...

#27 | Posted by jpw at 2021-04-09 02:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#17 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

Can a blue man sing the whites?

#28 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-04-09 03:10 PM | Reply