Saturday, April 10, 2021

Defense spending would remain mostly flat under the president's proposal

Comments

He has his priorities right.

#1 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-04-10 03:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I guess republicans must have tried to do the same thing, since people always tell me that the parties are the same.

Did they?

#2 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-04-10 06:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yep, the govt throwing money at a situation has always been effective, right?

Take education: only four countries spend some more than we do per student so you would think that we'd rank at the top, BUT actually our students are nowhere near that for all the money spent.

Our govt is very ineffective: Example - there are dozens of Fed Govt retraining programs for decades and has any ever been heralded as a great success - no, and believe me they would if they could.

But, go ahead and give more for health care and the environment as well as education and see the results [or lack thereof for the money spent] in a few years down the road. Not a problem as the [not actual ''printing presses' are churning out more debt by the trillions so why not as the more the merrier - There---PROBLEMS SOLVED ; )

#3 | Posted by MSgt at 2021-04-11 05:25 PM | Reply

"Not a problem as the [not actual ''printing presses' are churning out more debt by the trillions so why not as the more the merrier - There---PROBLEMS SOLVED'

You had your chance when Republicans chose to set fire to $2.3 trillion in revenue. Instead, you were silent. Why are you now screaming about a problem you never mentioned when the President had an (R) after his name?

#4 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-04-11 05:43 PM | Reply

#3 MS. GT, the government has been throwing trillions of dollars on our military industrial complex for 70 years now and I never hear a peep out of the Rush Limbaugh evangelists about it.

Just shooting from the hip here, but our military apparatus is larger than the next 12 countries combined. However, I can't remember who quoted this, but the main purpose of the government is to go to war.

Only the dead have seen an end to war.

--Socrates

#5 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-11 06:25 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2021-04-11 05:43 PM | FLAG: Not 'screaming' [your words] just pointing out that 'mo money' does not guarantee solving a problem [otherwise with all the welfare spending since the Great Society we would have no poor on welfare, would we? Just another edample like our retraining programs] - prove me wrong. BTW, just what did I state in my post that you feel is incorrect.

As for govt debt, it's been so out of line for decades that we can never pay it off and do not say raise taxes as the spending numbers have nothing do with taxation at this point otherwise we cold not have trillion+ dollars spending bills, and of course no budget.

#6 | Posted by MSgt at 2021-04-12 01:01 PM | Reply

"Not 'screaming' [your words]"

I was merely comparing it to your decibel level when the (R)s proposed slashing revenue by trillions.

"just what did I state in my post that you feel is incorrect."

Nothing. I merely asked why you were so silent when the Rs proposed (and passed) the equivalent of lighting money on fire, yet now you're so upset over expenditures for health, education, and infrastructure.

#7 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-04-12 01:11 PM | Reply

"As for govt debt, it's been so out of line for decades that we can never pay it off "

Well, if that isn't a great reason to add another 10% of all the debt since 1776, I don't know what is!

#8 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-04-12 01:13 PM | Reply

-Why are you now screaming about a problem you never mentioned when the President had an (R) after his name?

What do you say to people who consistently scream about this problem regardless of who occupies the WH?

I wish we had more actual fiscal conservatives and not phony partisan conservatives.

#9 | Posted by eberly at 2021-04-12 01:49 PM | Reply