Tuesday, April 27, 2021

There may not be a more important motorcycle in Harley-Davidson's current lineup than the Pan America. If you want to play in the high-end adventure motorcycle space against hot tickets like BMW, Ducati and KTM, you've really got to bring the heat. Harley stepped up to the plate to build its first adventure touring bike and has fired a shot right across the bow of the big Euros. This is a firefight you'll want to watch intently.

Comments

Yamaha YZF-R6 on line one wondering what took you so long.

Also, Yamaha will continue to eat Harley Davidson's lunch until the pathetic backwards has been POS company finally dies a long overdue death.

#1 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-04-27 08:15 PM | Reply

Harley hasn't gone near an R6 sport bike yet. The Pan Am is an ADV bike.... and a better one than almost anyone expected.

Better than I expected, for sure.

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2021-04-27 08:37 PM | Reply

What I want...what I really want. Is an electric bike.

I like Harley's offering in that line, I think that may be the company's salvation.

I own three bikes, all Yamaha.

V Star 250 (go ahead and make fun of it...it's awesome in city traffic)

V Star 900 - comfy, has saddle bags. Real easy to ride.

Raider S - my god I had no idea there was so much chrome. Handles like a gigantic POS.

My ex-brother in law was a die hard Harley worshiper, which may have biased me against Harley's.

#3 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-04-27 08:49 PM | Reply

I would love an electric bike with decent range... the new Husqvarna gets, wait for it... 62 miles *although supposedly you can carry a spare. Most get less than the over 100 mile range they claim.

So, just local commuters for now, not long distance or even decent distance bikes.

electrek.co

The Long Way Up guys supposedly used Harley's Live Wire for their last show, but as it turns out those were hybrids, fuel and electric. Which to me would be the way to go until there are better batteries or mobile re-charging.

And still, that trip was a disaster imo/

Or just get a Pan Am, now.

advrider.com

vid

advrider.com

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2021-04-27 09:31 PM | Reply

www.insidehook.com

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2021-04-27 09:31 PM | Reply

"mutant hybrid between the electric LiveWire and the Pan America"

Oh lord, it's two wheel Prius.

I'm OK with that :)

For a start, anyway.

#6 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-04-27 10:01 PM | Reply

Obligatory...

The ------- Brothers--"Harley David (Son of a Bitch)"

#7 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-04-28 05:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

V Star 250 (go ahead and make fun of it...
#3 | POSTED BY BILLY_BOY

Are you kidding, that's twice as big as the favorite I own right now, my Honda C125 Super Cub. Taking it to the Tail of the Dragon this summer.
Although probably not as good in city traffic as my Vespa 300 GTS. That thing is so maneuverable, but so powerful, I'm surprised I haven't killed myself.

#8 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2021-04-28 08:25 AM | Reply

I'll stick with my Triumphs. HD is trash.

#9 | Posted by qcp at 2021-04-28 09:05 AM | Reply

HD were junk back when I used to ride them, and they are worse now, especially for the prices.

Which is why the quality of this new ADV bike HD produced is such surprising news. Reviewers across the board, riders of big ADV bikes like the GS and Multistrada, are all pretty much shocked after riding the Pan Am.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2021-04-28 12:48 PM | Reply