Monday, May 03, 2021

The world's largest White Castle has officially opened in Orlando.

Comments

Ate WC once.

Gross.

The "patties" were basically squares pulled from perforated sheets of compressed "meat."

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2021-05-03 01:45 PM | Reply

#1 You weren't drunk enough.
Which is surprising, for you. :)

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-05-03 01:54 PM | Reply

You can't day drink all the time.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2021-05-03 02:07 PM | Reply

They don't call them 'sliders' for nothing.

Once, when our two oldest sons were about nine and ten years old, we were on one of our cross-country road trips. passing through St Louis. Now we don't have White Castles in California so I decided to stop just to give the boys a 'taste' of some mid-west culture. While we were sitting there eating our dozen of so 'sliders' (it was just the three of us) my youngest asked about the fact that virtually every square inch inside the place was covered with ceramic tiles. I told him is was because after they close at night, they can simply bring out a fire hose and wash down the entire place, washing away all the grease and stuff. He told me years later that he actually believed me and thought that that was a pretty good idea. After we left the place I told the boys that since they'd eaten a White Castle, that that was something that they never needed to do ever again in their life. I don't think they've ever eaten there again. Certainly not when I was with them as that was the only time I've ever taken them.

I haven't seen them in awhile, but at one time you could buy frozen White Castle burgers in the grocery stores out here in SoCal as there were a lot of mid-westerners here who missed being back home.

OCU

#4 | Posted by OCUser at 2021-05-03 03:30 PM | Reply

no matter how big the building... White Castle fries only come in one size

#5 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-05-03 05:55 PM | Reply

As a teen we knew that a quart of Colt 45 and some onion chips were a recipe for flatulence that would startle the dog and cause the neighbors to complain. They could smell it because the 'rents made one sleep in the yard in that condition...

#6 | Posted by catdog at 2021-05-03 06:46 PM | Reply

"In my childhood days in the early 60's WC had to agree to cease using horse meat for its burgers."

JPW, looks like you were born too late!

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-05-03 07:25 PM | Reply

Whitecastle, Krystal burger - all the same. Drunk food. ---- that, I'd rather ransack a Waffle House at 3 AM.

#8 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-05-03 08:14 PM | Reply

Whataburger was the best drunk food.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2021-05-04 12:47 AM | Reply

Does it include the world's largest bathroom?

#10 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-05-04 02:00 AM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY CATDOG AT 2021-05-03 06:46 PM | FLAG:

You have to express the Co2 to mitigate bloating and farting. That goes for all carbonated beverages.

#11 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-05-04 07:51 AM | Reply

I wonder if the last two Beastie Boys will start the party off.

#12 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-05-04 08:23 PM | Reply

Every few years I pick up a few sliders, and to be honest they always taste pretty good to me. Gotta have the Dusseldorf mustard.

#13 | Posted by cbob at 2021-05-04 10:48 PM | Reply

A Kansas grown product. The same for Pizza Hut.

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-05-04 10:53 PM | Reply

Another "White Castle"?

I thought Florida already had one at Mar a Lago.

#15 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-05-05 11:03 AM | Reply

Can't wait! Only an hour away. Just have to wait until it dies down a bit. The wait has been hours in drive through. I heard that in-store has died down a bit but that's going to change once it gets around and everyone goes from the drive through to in-store. Easier to just wait a couple weeks.

"Another "White Castle"?
I thought Florida already had one at Mar a Lago."

Depends on who you ask. If you ask Liberals, their party has become the party of discrimination so it's no surprise a Liberal would bring race into it. If only Democrats would stop being racist so we could finally become a country that isn't.

#16 | Posted by humtake at 2021-05-05 12:01 PM | Reply

#16 | Posted by humtake

You're too dumb to see how dumb you look posting that, while your party is doing everything it can think of to prevent minorities from voting.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-05-05 12:20 PM | Reply