Friday, May 07, 2021

Florida's new law prohibiting businesses from asking whether employees or customers have been vaccinated against Covid-19 may take a toll on its cruise business.

Comments

If I want to give some other sucker a potentially fatal disease it's my right to do so. So say Rs.

#1 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2021-05-07 01:21 PM | Reply

Here's to Norwegian Cruise line for not wanting to get f***** in the @@s by stupid politicians.

That's good capitalism.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-07 01:34 PM | Reply

Ok DeSantis! Your move.

#3 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2021-05-07 01:44 PM | Reply

Haha. Cancel culture cuts both ways, dopey.

#4 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-05-07 02:10 PM | Reply

Hahahah!

I called this 4 days ago after G.A. rushed to the nooner to post how awesome and perfect DeSantis is for doing this.

In the meantime cruise ships require proof of vaccination and there's nothing DeSantis can do about that if he wants the ports to open.
F**king idiot.
#60 | POSTED BY YAV AT 2021-05-03 02:40 PM | FLAG: | FUNNY: 1 | NEWSWORTHY 1

#5 | Posted by YAV at 2021-05-07 02:33 PM | Reply

How easy is it for them operate and avoid Florida? There are only so many terminals where cruise ships can load passengers. It's not like you can just move those locations on a whim.

#6 | Posted by eberly at 2021-05-07 02:43 PM | Reply

How easy is it for them operate and avoid Florida?

Based on this, looks like they're going to be just fine.

www.ncl.com

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-05-07 03:06 PM | Reply

They have tons of locations besides Florida. I live in FL and the only cruises I've taken from here are to the Bahamas and Caribbean. The latter I can pick up from any port in Mexico or P.R. if I cared. Most of the cruises are party or gambling that locals use, so this policy mostly hurts Floridians. Not that it wouldn't be good for the cruiselines to have those ports in FL - they have some nice big ports. But the cruiselines aren't interested in becoming petri dishes for another Trump response. I applaud them.

I am looking at a couple of expedition cruises this next year, and covid passports are required. Period. I wouldn't get on a ship without knowing everyone had one. That's f**king insane.

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2021-05-07 03:08 PM | Reply

Thanks Fellas....makes sense. Only been on 1 cruise and I know nothing about cruise lines.

#9 | Posted by eberly at 2021-05-07 03:09 PM | Reply

If Disney and Carnival also pull out DeSantis is toast.

#10 | Posted by TenMile at 2021-05-07 06:07 PM | Reply

Good, I nope that means more cruises leaving from PR, that'll help their economy.

#11 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-05-07 07:43 PM | Reply

Florida always does the wrong thing, after exhausting all other sane possibilities.

#12 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-05-07 09:08 PM | Reply

Cruse ships have no problem ferrying passengers to and from shallow water ports in smaller boats.

#13 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-07 09:18 PM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY MADSCIENTIST

A Uniquely American philosophy I would say.

And I have been avoiding Florida for about 60 years.

No big whaaa

I will continue to avoid Florida. And Texas.

Florida is easy to avoid. Texas is a little harder.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-05-08 10:31 AM | Reply

It's kind of funny that DeathSantis apparently thinks FL law applies in navigable waterways.

If a cruise ship is sitting in it, the water is under federal jurisdiction. They don't have to let you on the boat if you don't have a vaccine.

#15 | Posted by DarkVader at 2021-05-08 11:53 AM | Reply

Remembering back to the earlier days of the pandemic when we had passengers stuck on cruise ships because of the high rate of infections aboard, it is no wonder serious people aren't going to be fooled by liars like DeSantis. The pandemic is not over no matter how hard he wants to pretend it is.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2021-05-08 11:57 AM | Reply