Friday, May 07, 2021

"I would just say to my Republican colleagues: 'Can we move forward without President Trump?' The answer is no," Graham said in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity.

Comments

"I've always liked Liz Cheney, but she's made a determination that the Republican Party can't grow with President Trump. I've determined we can't grow without him," Graham told Hannity.

"If you don't get that as a Republican, you're making the biggest mistake in the history of the Republican Party," he said. "The reason our party is growing with minorities and with working men and women is because President Trump appears to be on the side of people working really hard, appears to be on the side of opportunity not dependency, because he is."

Trump "appears to be" on the side of billionaires because he is.

But it's "appearances" that he is on the side of the middle class that counts, eh?

The GOP is all about the BIG LIE, now; perception over reality.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2021-05-07 11:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Remember this little ditty?

"Trump and I, we've had a hell of a journey," Graham said. "I hate it to end this way. Oh my God, I hate it. From my point of view he's been been a consequential president. But today, first thing you'll see. All I can say, is count me out, enough is enough."

Same with Mitch the B and the House Speaker McCarthy... they were all broke up about the Orange Seditionist... for about 5 minutes.

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2021-05-07 11:04 PM | Reply

They gotta stick with Trump because Trump makes the base feel like winners!:

Crowd here in The Villages, FL awaiting the arrival of @mtgreenee and @mattgaetz who are set to speak tonight as a part of the "America First" tour.

twitter.com

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-05-07 11:33 PM | Reply

Wow look at all the old, white racists.

#4 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-05-08 12:37 PM | Reply

Lee Atmater must be so proud of what he's built.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-05-08 12:41 PM | Reply

"People are attracted to the "Trump Republican Party," Graham said, because of economic populism and the "America first" agenda."

The Republican Party can't have those things without Trump?

Sounds like someone's being blackmailed.

#6 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-09 07:15 PM | Reply

Whatever dirt they have on Graham must be good for him to be this big a stooge.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2021-05-10 01:56 PM | Reply

Bankrupt of new ideas.

#8 | Posted by fresno500 at 2021-05-10 02:40 PM | Reply

They gotta stick with Trump because Trump makes the base feel like winners!:

That's only part of why they stick with Trump. The other part is that, as the GA senate runoffs prove, Trump will torpedo the chances of any non conformist.

I think it revealing that Graham said that republicans can't win without Trump.

Why didn't Graham make a more positive statement ala "republicans can win with Trump"?

Graham's statement suggested to me that the republican party was being extorted and that unless they kiss Trump's --- i.e. ring, he will actively work against their re-election. Trump is banking on non-Trumpist republican office holders attachment to the party. If Trump goes against a loyal republican/non-Trumpist in the primary and the Trump candidate wins, the loyal republican should run as an independent in the general election thereby increasing the odds that the dem will win. Fight fire with fire.

#9 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2021-05-10 04:49 PM | Reply