Sunday, May 09, 2021

The night Obama was elected there was a truly sweet moment towards the end of his acceptance speech in which president-elect Obama it would only ever had a lone cat as a pet his entire life said that his long-suffering and courageous daughters would be getting the puppy they always wanted. Boe turn out to be a decent dog for the whole family. RIP

Comments

But his face lives on...

#1 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-09 08:36 AM | Reply

I remember some creeps tried to make it a big deal that Obama had never had a dog.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-09 08:27 PM | Reply

"Obama had never had a dog."

But he's had dog, though...

#3 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-10 07:04 PM | Reply

Sentinal you may have been fed dog as a kid as well.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-10 07:20 PM | Reply

Unlikely. I think I would have recognized the taste.

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-10 07:34 PM | Reply

"I think I would have recognized the taste."

That would require you to have eaten it.

#6 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-10 07:35 PM | Reply

Indeed.

#7 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-10 07:53 PM | Reply

In fact it would have required you to eat it twice.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-10 08:00 PM | Reply

For your hypothesis to work, yes. At least twice, with at least one time being as a kid. But that did not happen. Unless I was retconned.

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-10 08:07 PM | Reply

Yeah well you're the one claiming you would have recognized it so the question is did you?

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-10 08:13 PM | Reply

No, I did not. So that disproves your theory.

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-10 08:27 PM | Reply

But that did not happen. Unless I was retconned.

#9 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

Some people are easy to con.

"""

Humans and dogs have such a wonderful and unique relationship.

Dogs are also the only non-primate animal that look people in the eyes. Other animals will make eye contact, but dogs purposely look for direction in people's eyes.

We need each other.

RIP Bo

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-05-10 08:30 PM | Reply

"The fact that you think you can remember and knew what was in everything you ate while a toddler means you are probably one of them."

WTF, dude? That's way too specific, unless you were actually there... I know my parents hung out with some skeevy people when I was really young, but... ----. Now that I think about it maybe they did feed me that dog and told me it was "venison". Poor Dusty.

#13 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-10 09:20 PM | Reply

"That's way too specific, unless you were actually there.."

I don't have to "be there" to know how the brain of a toddler works and how long before you are even aware of what's really going into your mouth.

But I did have 5 children and I was one myself. So in a sense I was "there".

There is a period when we are toddlers where we are blissfully unaware. I can look back into my own mind and see that our memories get a hazy the further back you go and we don't really remember most of what has happened around us anyway especially when we were toddlers. And the fact is we create a lot of memories to fill in the "blanks".

Seems there is some who remain blissfully unaware of how their own brains work even after they become adults.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-05-10 10:11 PM | Reply

This seems like a really weird way to justify a fantasy about what went into someone's mouth as a toddler, but whatever. Obama wasn't a toddler when he lived in Asia.

#15 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-05-11 10:59 AM | Reply