Tuesday, May 18, 2021

The US Preventive Services Task Force on Tuesday lowered the recommended age to start screening for colon and rectal cancers from 50 to 45.

Comments

It's about time I think it should be at 40 for anybody that has a grandparent or relative that's closer that has suffer cancer.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2021-05-18 09:50 PM | Reply

Now they tell me. I could've had two or three more colonoscopies in my life.

#2 | Posted by jakester at 2021-05-18 09:53 PM | Reply

I dunno. That's gonna put further strain on care providers in the time of COVID?

Is it really worth spreading COVID to maybe determine if someone has colon cancer?

#3 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-05-19 01:51 PM | Reply

Is it really worth spreading COVID...

Do you do anything besides troll?

#4 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-05-19 02:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Do you do anything besides troll?"

I'm just saying...for a doctor to conduct a colorectal screening would require one human coming into contact with another. And even if both were young and healhty, there is still the possibility that one of the parties could contract the virus and be subject to long COVID?

So isn't it worth it if someone dies of colorectal cancer...so long as you prevent a greater number of being subject to COVID?

My understanding is that this is pretty much the foundation for the global response to the pandemic.

#5 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-05-19 03:29 PM | Reply

Can't you just take a dump in a box and send it off to the lab these days?

that's what i call progress!

"Let's go DeJoy, lets keep this ---- moving!"

#6 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2021-05-19 04:03 PM | Reply