Monday, June 07, 2021

Jeff Bezos will be flying to space on the first crewed flight of the New Shepard, the rocket ship made by his space company, Blue Origin. The flight is scheduled for July 20th, just 15 days after he is set to resign as CEO of Amazon.

Comments

Is he coming back?

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-06-07 03:56 PM | Reply

I admire the confidence this gentleman puts in his product.

#2 | Posted by Docman at 2021-06-07 04:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

@#2 ... If those mules over at gravy train NASA had the same mindset, we'd have been to the moon by now. ...

The difference being Mr Bezos is shooting himself into space, so he can take the high risk for himself.

At NASA, they shoot others into space, so they have to assure the risk is minimal.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-06-07 04:25 PM | Reply

After a divorce, men often have to leave their house, but leaving the planet seems extreme.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2021-06-07 04:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#2 ... If those mules over at gravy train NASA had the same mindset, ...

fwiw, NASA did the sub-orbital rocket ride back in the 1960's. Was Mr Bezos even born then?

NASA was using computers that are less capable than some of today's toasters.

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-06-07 04:53 PM | Reply

I think he's looking foolish.

No one can tell him no.

#6 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-07 06:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I think he's looking foolish.

He probably doesn't know or care what you think.

No one can tell him no.

Who, exactly, should be able to?

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-06-07 07:31 PM | Reply

"It's safe. Hold my beer."

#8 | Posted by jakester at 2021-06-07 07:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Redial,

"Who, exactly, should be able to?"

He shouldn't need anyone and should consider the risk himself for someone in his position.

His motive sounds idiotic and childish.

I mean...if he always wanted to be a choo choo train driver, I could see him buying a railroad.

But wanting to be an astronaut is so cliche.

However, he's rich enough to do it.

And apparently foolish enough too.

#9 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-07 08:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Apparently he already has.

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-06-07 08:40 PM | Reply

Redial,

We'll see won't we.

He might just think about it when hammered by enough people who tell him he runs a mega large corporation and has a lot of lives in his hands.

Come on....he's doing it because he's competing with Elon Musk and wants to go into space before him.

#11 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-07 08:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I think his concern for his employees is fairly well documented already.

He's probably more likely to be trying to beat Branson. Musk could have done it years ago. Not his gig.

#12 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-06-07 08:50 PM | Reply

Redial,

I would say I bet Bezos has a little weiner but we all know that's not true when his d*** pic got posted.

#13 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-07 09:03 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I assume that since you have no arguments you will shut up and go away now?

#14 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-06-07 09:16 PM | Reply

Redial,

You and Laura must take the same charm classes.

Ok....I will not respond to you again so don't bother pestering me either.

#15 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-07 09:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bill Johnson has the best dick Pic collection on the DR. I dare any of you to challenge this post.

#16 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-06-07 09:22 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

People fall over themselves around rich people.

Liberals and conservatives alike are suckers for money.

Liberals like to say republicans are all about money but when you read some of the stuff written by liberals, they're just as obsessed about money as everyone else....just poor.

Again...Bezos is looking foolish talking about blasting into space.

He isn't a specially trained scientist.

He's just rich and people love the rich.

#17 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-07 09:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#13 -- the "little weiner" thing is so trite the use of it voids any argument be it guns, cars, or Jeff Bezos.

Unless you have sucked his dick and know first hand, grow up.

#18 | Posted by jakester at 2021-06-07 09:53 PM | Reply

I'm crushed I can't respond to BJ.

All I can do is offer the thought that if Bezos wants to, and can afford to, build a manned rocket and fly on it, then what's to stop him?

#19 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-06-07 09:57 PM | Reply

Redial,

Feel free to comment about anything I write.

I just won't play anymore with you like I have now that you are getting serious and saying stuff like shut up.

It's not fun now.

#20 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-07 10:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I've seen this episode in Billions.

#21 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-06-07 10:20 PM | Reply

#22 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-06-07 10:21 PM | Reply

@#22 ... Alt headline: Fresh off a divorce, recently retired man volunteers to ride a rocket into space. ...

That aspect of it is truly precious.

#23 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-06-07 10:44 PM | Reply

BR5-49 - "Me "N" Opie (Down By The Duck Pond)"
www.youtube.com

#24 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-06-08 01:04 AM | Reply

Gon,

"Fresh off a divorce, recently retired man volunteers to ride a rocket into space."

Fresh off a divorce, recently retired man going through mid-life crisis volunteers to ride a rocket into space.

(some men buy a sports car....some ride a rocket into space)

#25 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-08 06:48 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bill,
Did you know that Bezos has been absolutely fascinated by space since he was a boy?
He was born in '64 and grew up watching the Apollo program.
In his valedictorian speech graduating high school, he referred to space travel.

Now he's the richest man on the planet.

So put 2 and 2 together.

#26 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2021-06-08 09:23 AM | Reply

Sounds like Bill Johnson knows everything there is to know about someone he never met.
How 'bout those mail-in ballots? You know nothing about that too.

#27 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-06-08 10:27 AM | Reply

Sch,

I must confess part of my attitude towards Bezos is I distrust most rich people.

Him being so rich has been at the expense of many others who could be more better off or more prosperous.

You can grovel at his valedictorian feet and worship him.

His wealth in and of itself reeks of exploitation and human suffering.

You don't get that way without it.

The world is becoming more and indebted to the rich and ignoring all the warning signs.

#28 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-08 11:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Hey...but pot will be legal.

Good thing.

How else will we be able to tolerate our lives.

It will be a world living off the government and rich ruling everything.

#29 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-08 11:22 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

The irony of a Trumper saying

#28 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-08 11:30 AM | Reply

Pot has been legal for over a decade in some places, BillJohnson.

If it were going to have an impact, we would be seeing it.

The biggest impact I see pot having is the same as massage parlors: Keeping run-down strip malls from being boarded up.

#31 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-08 11:33 AM | Reply

Interestingly enough, my favorite dispensaries are all located in "business parks"

#32 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-06-08 11:48 AM | Reply

(some men buy a sports car....some ride a rocket into space)

#25 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

With a small $10 billion gift from tax payers

#33 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-06-08 12:05 PM | Reply

Who among us is unfamiliar with the story of Icarus? JFGI, as the kids say. Thoughts and prayers...

#34 | Posted by john47 at 2021-06-08 12:38 PM | Reply

Huh. I can't recall a time when I wanted a rocket to explode on launch more than I do now.

#35 | Posted by DarkVader at 2021-06-08 12:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Pay your taxes you government welfare Queen.

Or are you too poor to pay your fair share ?

And say hello to Timothy Leary for me.

#36 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-06-08 02:33 PM | Reply

#36 - www.youtube.com

#37 | Posted by jakester at 2021-06-08 03:49 PM | Reply

I've wanted to launch rich people into space more than once.

I'm not sure how to feel about one of them doing it to themself.

#38 | Posted by Tor at 2021-06-08 05:58 PM | Reply

#38 | Posted by Tor

50 Cal sniper rifle for the win :)

Rocket go boom!

Just need a willing MAGAT patsy :)

Paging SNIPER or BOAZ :)

#39 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-06-08 09:37 PM | Reply

If I had his money and rocket ship I'd do the same thing

#40 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-06-08 10:52 PM | Reply

Here....want to read something
interesting about Bezos and the other
supremely rich? Check this out...

www.huffpost.com

#41 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-06-09 05:54 AM | Reply

Please, Mr. Bezos, just piss off.

#42 | Posted by Jaspar at 2021-06-09 12:09 PM | Reply

Snoofy,

"Pot has been legal for over a decade in some places, BillJohnson.
If it were going to have an impact, we would be seeing it."

Would be?

We already are.

#43 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-09 08:53 PM | Reply

Snoofy,

America is full of immature people who have been stunted from drug use doomed to a life of video games, drugs and ------------.

The talk like children and think like children.

People with adult bodies and childish minds doomed to be and do nothing constructive with their lives except making more babies who grow up just like them.

The last several decades in America there has been a growing segment of the population exactly like I described.

And it will only get worse.

There won't be enough jobs now anyway to sustain families and it won't be long until pot is legal nationwide.

It's quite inevitable stimulus checks will become the norm and a lot of America will just be sitting around high.

You think I'm wrong??

#44 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-06-09 09:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's the video games, not the drugs and ------------.

#45 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-06-09 09:13 PM | Reply

One must be taught how to do critical thinking. American schools are failing here. If you took AP classes in high school, you're likely good to go.

#46 | Posted by john47 at 2021-06-10 11:44 AM | Reply