Wednesday, June 09, 2021

It's easy to grow old and cynical and hate all the new generations but just often enough there are stories like this to remind us the kids are alright. As for the lad himself even I'm left wondering then if he's willing to sell his Pokemon cards to save his dog just how great a parent is he going to be?

Comments

Sorry you missed this, Tony Hendra.
~ Cheeseface
en.m.wikipedia.org

#1 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-06-09 06:56 AM | Reply

I too would sell my Pokemon cards to save that adorable dog...

...but I'm not so sure about my Yugioh cards.

#2 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2021-06-09 11:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm glad he's learning an early lesson about how american healthcare works, thanks to the way we give undemocratic power to conservatives.

#3 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-06-09 12:58 PM | Reply

Great kid.

#4 | Posted by byrdman at 2021-06-09 01:29 PM | Reply

Great kid indeed. I hope he grows up to be the same kind of caring person as an adult.

I can't tell you how many times a week I hear about people with sick pets they can't afford to treat - my wife volunteers with multiple pet organizations and the local shelter. Honestly I can't believe how many people are dependent on aid to feed their pets. Most are fixed income and I get it but it's sad.

Self administered vaccinations... Just SMH. When I hear that a "breeder" did their own vaccinations you have to be very careful. So many are puppy mills. Even home small operation breeders are sketchy - even if they mean well. But as someone with no experience how do you have any idea whether you have good vaccines or not?

#5 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-06-09 01:50 PM | Reply

$15,000

They say their going to send it to other families and animals in need, but this pup is young. Hold on to that money, the people who donated it wanted it for that dog and the dogs hooman.

The money would be inevitably be used. I had to spend $3,000 on my cat because he got into a batch of lilies. I would have been ecstatic to see a $700 vet bill.

#6 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2021-06-09 07:41 PM | Reply

What a great kid. And hats off to all the people who helped.

We've always had multiple dogs. When we were first married, we'd go to these great old vet partners and our bill would be $25-50, meds included. When one of my last dogs got lymphoma, the treatments and a handful of days in-treatment when he fell out of remission was $20,000. An average trip to the vet is now going to approach $200 or more. Sure isn't like it used to be, with vets in it to save pets. Now they all want to live like heart surgeons. At least it's that way in Nashville.

#7 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-06-10 03:23 PM | Reply