Wednesday, June 09, 2021

An elementary school custodian just got his college degree -- and was the fifth-grade commencement speaker

Comments

Hope he gets a job teaching.

#1 | Posted by byrdman at 2021-06-09 01:30 PM | Reply

Why would he take a pay cut to teach.

#2 | Posted by Scotty at 2021-06-09 10:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This is beautiful.

Thanks for the great story.

#3 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-06-09 10:36 PM | Reply

That is a great story.

#4 | Posted by Jaspar at 2021-06-10 12:14 AM | Reply

That's wonderful. All the best to him!

#5 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-06-10 01:55 AM | Reply

Beautiful story, inspirational story. Never give up. You can achieve your goals if you work at it hard enough and long enough. I can honestly say this because I graduated from college in my fifties after raising three kids as a single parent. And I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Nova Southeastern University. I didn't do it to gain economic gain, I did it because, as a member of a family of seven children, I needed to join the rest of them as a college graduate to honor my parents. I was the last to graduate but I did graduate. It didn't change my life much, to be honest, I had already created a successful career but it did give me a sense of satisfaction and that I had honored my parents who had always encouraged us towards education.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2021-06-10 09:05 AM | Reply

Good news everyone!

That janitor is smarter than the last president!

Thx for the good news!

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-06-10 10:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

That janitor is smarter than the last president!

Thx for the good news!

#7 | Posted by donnerboy

The janitor didn't have to pay anyone to do his schoolwork for him and didn't threaten his school with lawsuits if they ever revealed his grades.

Trump did both those things. Because he's such a genius.

#8 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-06-10 11:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Schoolchildren need strong role models, and in this case got one. I hope they all learned from what they observed, and also hope Mr. Harris has everything go his way from now on--he deserves it...

#9 | Posted by catdog at 2021-06-10 01:12 PM | Reply