Thursday, June 10, 2021

Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.), one of the House managers during the first impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, made it official on Wednesday. She's going after the Senate seat now held by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.). ... "We're living in some very tough times. There are a lot of critical issues and I just believe we need bold, courageous leaders to deal with those issues," Demings told me during a phone interview a few hours after launching her Senate bid. "Too many times, Marco Rubio did not show up. But when he did show up, he did not have enough courage to fight for Florida."

Comments

Methinks in some respects this could be an interesting campaign season.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-06-10 06:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LAMP

Ivana could make it more interesting, too.

She says, no, no, no but her actions say yes, yes, yes.

She's pretending too hard to be one of the common folks. Shabby chic, so to speak.

#2 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-06-10 07:42 PM | Reply

@#2 ... She's pretending too hard to be one of the common folks. ...

So I'm not the only one who has noticed that.

It is quite humorous to watch her try. She does not do it well at all.

I'd say that most Floridians would see right through it, but then there's that Trump surname that seems to blind people.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-06-10 08:06 PM | Reply

Rubio is entrenched, it is going to be hard to unseat him but I can promise you this, me and every Democrat I know will be voting for Val. Rubio is an empty suit, he let Trump call him "Little Marco" but then still stupported him. I don't know if this is the election that Trump support will become the negative that it should be but it is coming soon. I hope it is 2022, we'll see. But know one thing, being a Trump supporter is going to soon be the most negative thing any politician in the nation can have in his/her history.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2021-06-11 05:16 AM | Reply

DANNI

I remember when Rubio was Speaker of the House in Florida. He aided and abetted the sugar cane industry to destroy the Everglades in exchange for their campaign contributions. It was quite an expose' at the time.

I also remember when, as a U.S. Senator, he and his family took a 5-star vacation on his Senate issued credit card. When it was discovered, he blamed his wife (his bookkeeper) for confusing the two credit cards. (likely story LOL) He was forced to pay the money back to the taxpayers.

Rubio is a man with an over rated opinion of himself and who deals in self gratification and luxury entitlements. But he isn't terribly bright as JEB Bush discovered when JEB took Rubio's knife out of his back.

I'm sure you remember THAT.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-06-11 06:54 AM | Reply

Great post Twin, I too remember those things but I don't have the recall ability that you seem to have. Impressive.
Remember when his web site claimed that his parents came her because of the Cuban revolution when in actuality they had arrived several years before it began?
The man has always been an ambitious opportunist without any core beliefs.
Little Marco is potentially beatable and Val does seem to have the moxy to do it. I will support her both financially and otherwise, I want Little Marco gone.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2021-06-11 08:15 AM | Reply

Thank you for the compliment, DANNI.

As I understand about Rubio's life, he's in debt well beyond his means trying to project an image of success ~ as in, he believes the "appearance" of wealth breeds more wealth.

He's another one who is throwing America to the wolves while he waits for Trump's gravy train to come in.

#7 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-06-11 11:08 AM | Reply