Sunday, June 13, 2021

Kaiser Family Foundation: Unvaccinated adults are a shrinking population in the U.S. that, as of late May 2021, consists of about one-third of U.S. adults (37%). Adults in this group are those, who despite outreach efforts and being eligible for a vaccine for at least six weeks, have not received a COVID-19 vaccine. The unvaccinated group are younger, more likely to identify as Republicans or be Republican-leaning, and more likely to have lower levels of education and lower incomes than the vaccinated population.

Comments

You know, morons.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-06-13 11:11 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

California has that 9% who want free food on lock it's offering $50 in grocery money to anyone who gets vaccinated.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2021-06-13 11:18 AM | Reply

#3 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2021-06-13 01:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

In Europe, having the vaccine means you're exempt from the martial law measures implemented as a result of COVID.

Otherwise, you're basically a prisoner.

#4 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-06-13 02:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I think the vaccine requirement for concerts and sporting events is the way to go."

No WWE if you don't get a vaccine.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2021-06-13 02:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Otherwise, you're basically a prisoner."

A prisoner?!? Hyperbole much?

#6 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-06-13 02:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

All those anti-vaxxers who, like MTG, don't believe in evolution are about to get a science lesson dropped on them. They are about to be naturally selected into the cemetery of their survivors choice...

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2021-06-13 07:53 PM | Reply

HyperboleBomber, Prisoner of Myths.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2021-06-13 09:22 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

A prisoner?!? Hyperbole much?

#6 | POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2021-06-13 02:52 PM

Maybe a Norwegian prison.

#9 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-06-14 08:28 AM | Reply

at least 37 of adults in this country have never given a ---- about their own health, overweight, smoke, drink, etc....all to excess.

I'm pointing this about because this apathy towards one's health has existed forever.

It didn't start with COVID.

#10 | Posted by eberly at 2021-06-14 08:49 AM | Reply

"at least 37 of adults in this country have never given a ---- about their own health,"

You need to broaden the scope there, Eberly.

But yes, I agree. About 1/3 of Americans don't care about their own health, or anyone else. I bet we even agree that most of them are Republicans.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-14 12:22 PM | Reply

-I bet we even agree that most of them are Republicans.

Since that's important to you, why don't you produce evidence of such data that substantiates that?

Folks struggling with obesity and other self-inflicted health issues...smoking, addiction, etc.

Why don't you produce something that makes them republicans.

I have no trouble believing your assertion in this area but I also don't care much.

#12 | Posted by eberly at 2021-06-14 01:05 PM | Reply

You cared enough to ask me for this link, college boy:
Least Vaccinated U.S. Counties Have Something in Common: Trump Voters
www.nytimes.com

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-14 01:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Getting vaccinated is as much about protecting other people's health, as your own."

I have trouble imagining many 300 lb, cheeseburger swallowing, 2 pack a day smokers who care much about anybody else's health. I'm going to bet they are as indifferent to others with regard to vaccinations as they are with themselves.

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2021-06-14 01:12 PM | Reply

No, I didn't ask for that link. That link just asserts what was already accepted and known.....that republicans are more likely to not get vaccinated.

But you have to produce a link that illustrates that folks not getting vaccinated are also in poor health due to their own life choices.

which I'm not doubting to be true, BTW.

#15 | Posted by eberly at 2021-06-14 01:16 PM | Reply

18. Wichita, KS
19. New Orleans, LA
20. Nashville, TN

www.wkrn.com

wallethub.com

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-06-14 01:19 PM | Reply

"I'm going to bet they are as indifferent to others with regard to vaccinations as they are with themselves."

Not just themselves, Eberly. They are indifferent to the suffering of others as well. That's highly correlated with being a Republican.
Exhibit A: Gun control
en.wikipedia.org
Exhibit B: Drunk driving backgroundchecks.org

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-14 01:24 PM | Reply

Not surprised at any of that.

But that might not prove what you think it proves. Many of those cites were blue in the last presidential election. The counties were anyway.

#18 | Posted by eberly at 2021-06-14 01:40 PM | Reply

Remember...I live in Trump country and the people I know who won't get vaccinated....they are ALL Trumpers. I'm not arguing that.

But the folks I've seen over the years who have been indifferent to taking care of themselves? Who engage in risky choices? Yes...many republicans in that group but I doubt it's weighted(no pun intended) to the republican side like this vaccination thing is.

#19 | Posted by eberly at 2021-06-14 01:46 PM | Reply

-Not just themselves, Eberly. They are indifferent to the suffering of others as well.

yes, which is why I said "indifferent to others" in that post.

#20 | Posted by eberly at 2021-06-14 01:47 PM | Reply

Not surprised at any of that.

Mostly curiosity on my part.

Interesting that a lot of island nations are the fattest countries in the world, with Cook Islands and Samoa being the fattest. Asian nations are the skinniest, with Japan and Vietnam as the skinniest.

#21 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-06-14 02:03 PM | Reply

Good point. I think I meant "Not just vaccinations."
Their callous indifference isn't anything new:
"It didn't start with COVID." -- Eberly

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-14 02:05 PM | Reply

Japan is an island nation.

#23 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-06-14 02:33 PM | Reply