Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The U.S. death toll from COVID-19 topped 600,000 on Tuesday, even as the vaccination drive has drastically brought down daily cases and fatalities and allowed the country to emerge from the gloom and look forward to summer.

Comments

Hundreds of thousands dead from apathy selfishness and willful ignorance.

Maybe we should start refusing hospital admittance to anyone who could have gotten vaccinated and refused.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2021-06-15 02:00 PM | Reply

It really should say 599,999 people have died from Covid because I'm sure if WisGod were not dead he would deny that it was Covid or any other left-created conspiracy designed to make Trump look bad that killed him.

#2 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-06-15 02:02 PM | Reply

WisGod?

Did he use to post here?

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2021-06-15 02:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I remember when it was just 15 cases.

Which we're going to soon become zero.

But. Reality wanted to make Trump look bad.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-06-15 03:03 PM | Reply

I still where a mask out shopping and such. No point in being one of the last to die or become permanently affected - this round.

A local official I know - ex-State Police and now in a county job - the whole department seemed to be mocking it. They had an outbreak about a month ago... She lost hearing in one ear and it may be permanent. Another employee is still out.

#5 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-06-15 03:07 PM | Reply

I thought we passed this milestone some time ago?

May 13 according to this site.

www.worldometers.info

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2021-06-15 03:09 PM | Reply

Did we ever find out if this is what did Nulli in?

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2021-06-15 03:13 PM | Reply

Well, he got COVID-19 around the same time as his Brexit hero Boris Johnson.

But I have no idea how we'd know his cause of death. I always figured his head exploded because it could no longer contain his own ego.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-15 03:26 PM | Reply

Out Nola way my dry cleaners brother just got put on a ventilator (he's in Texas).

She was telling me she was certain the entire thing was a hoax - I guess dry cleaners aren't medical experts after all...

This week I'm back in LA and the re-opening is happening today - there's still at least 50% of people wearing masks.

Hopefully Covids gone and masks are here to stay.

#9 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2021-06-15 03:28 PM | Reply

200 9/11s, and Republicans still won't put on a mask or get a vaccine.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-15 03:28 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Some here knew who he was IRL and had access to the obituary.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2021-06-15 03:31 PM | Reply

Would the obit even say if a denier died of COVID-19?

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-06-15 03:32 PM | Reply

"Everything was just fine and then he died all of a sudden."

-Denier's Obituary.

#13 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2021-06-15 03:34 PM | Reply

And people wonder why there's a worker shortage.

#14 | Posted by qcp at 2021-06-15 03:50 PM | Reply

Working face to face with the great unwashed masses means that any Tom Dick or Harry that has the virus gets a chance to infect you.

Even more disturbingly in a lot of situations it's not even the great unwashed masses but a co-worker.

#15 | Posted by Tor at 2021-06-15 03:58 PM | Reply

If somebody really can confirm that nullification died from covid I would like them to do so.

I'm still having a hard time believing he wasn't some guy living in Russia.

#16 | Posted by Tor at 2021-06-15 04:01 PM | Reply

And the big fat orange mass-murdering rat bastard is still waddling around free. WTF!

#17 | Posted by uncle_meat at 2021-06-15 04:56 PM | Reply

They should all be buried at Mara Lardo.

#18 | Posted by Reinheitsgebot at 2021-06-16 07:56 AM | Reply

Look at the bright side. Barring the unintended victims, Trump or one of his mini-me suckups to Vladimir Putin, just lost 600,000 votes (and still climbing) in 2024.

Nonetheless, they have my sympathies. No one deserves to die like that.

A friend of mine, an early victim prior to the vaccine, said it was so bad she was praying to die just to put an end to it. She survived but the ordeal really was just that bad.

#19 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-06-17 01:41 AM | Reply

I personally know 4 people who died of COVID. One of them spent 2 months on FB calling it a 'hoax to bring down Trump' and 'I'm not wearing a goddamn mask' before contracting COVID and dying after 5 weeks on a ventilator.

Another friend is a long hauler. She's s.-till experiencing loss of smell and taste as well as fatigue and neurological difficulties in her extremities. A year later.

With the Delta variant spreading, anyone who isn't vaccinated is an utter fool playing with their life and the lives of others they know.

#20 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-06-17 08:14 AM | Reply

I remember when it was just 15 cases.

Which we're going to soon become zero.

But. Reality wanted to make Trump look bad.

#4 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

It's gonna disappear like magic!

But Reality (with a liberal bias) wanted to make Trumpy and Trumpism look bad with another Democratic Hoax.

You know like 1/6 and Trumpy colluding with the Ruskies.

All Dem hoaxes designed by the libbies just to make Trumpy look bad.

Like humpy Trumpy needed any help with that.

#21 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-06-17 12:51 PM | Reply