"He's young, stupid and eager to ---- up the country. The perfect Republican."
1. he isn't stupid, I don't care if you want to pretend he is but he is probably one of the smartest politicians in the country.
2. He isn't eager to ---- up the country, he's just ambitious, as per Marco Rubio, just more successful.
3. He is the perfect Republican from a different era when Republicans were Republicans. He gets lots of heat here from us liberals but I live here, he isn't evil incarnate. He's a politician but he is not just a Trump sychophant, at least not any more.
4. I am certainly not a fan but he is not among the worst Republican governors in the country.
I honestly think that if DeSantis felt that there was a more bilateral approach possible he would go for it. He is not Trump. He is not crazy and aside from a few bills he signed, out of political necessity, he is a decent sort of guy. I just don't hate him. I don't agree with him on everything but I don't hate him. I do hate Trump and many other Republicans.
He governs with a right wing Legislature overlooking everything he does. I think he is attempting to build a consensus of reasonableness. I watch him almost every day on the news here in FL and I don't remember any comments he has made which are similar to the hate speech of Trump.
I am a Democrat but I also make up my own mind about politicians and I don't have it spoon fed to me. By anyone.
I am not a Desantis supporter but, compared to Rick Scott he is a breath of fresh air.
Now, Rick Scotth, he was and is pure unadulterated evil.
5. I suspect that he is actually a moderate Republican in radical REpublican drag.
6. If I had to choose between him and Marco Rubio, DeSantis would win hands down.