Thursday, July 15, 2021

As the pandemic raged across the US last year, drug overdoses took a savage turn for the worse, killing more than 93,000 people, according to preliminary CDC estimates released Wednesday.

Comments

The child-raping orange jizzfart has another staggering body count to be proud of.

#1 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2021-07-14 10:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"We will not rest until the end, and I will tell you that this scourge of drug addiction will stop. It will stop." - Donald Trump

Another broken promise. Drug overdose deaths increased nearly 50% over the Obama era.

The war on drugs was already one of the worst policy decisions in the history of America and Trump somehow made it an even bigger failure.

#2 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-07-15 12:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He can't even take a crap without ruining his pants.

#3 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-07-15 04:21 PM | Reply

I'm curious to see how it will play out now that we've left Afghanistan. Opium was/is a very effective weapon for the Taliban.

#4 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-07-16 02:17 AM | Reply

I'm assuming that was from his American Carnage inaugural speech?

He was an easily spotted train wreck from the beginning.

Well, to people with more than one functional neuron that is.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-16 03:00 AM | Reply

Overdose deaths are up but hey on the plus side getting refills on my meds is more of a pain in the ass than ever before!

#6 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-07-16 06:24 AM | Reply

I don't believe that leaving Afganistan will much effect the overdose rate. The current spike is being driven by Fentanyl and its analogs. Readily manufactured and transported by the cartels. It is being put into counterfeit 'press pills' as well as blended with heroin.

Tao touches on another aspect of one of the drivers. People make a 'mistake' that violates their opiate agreement and the doctor discharges them. No other doctor will take them on and coming off high doses of prescribed opiates is brutal - so they turn to heroin.

#7 | Posted by mattm at 2021-07-16 08:15 AM | Reply

My doctor told me I had to give up marijuana and test clean for 6 months if I wanted to receive pain meds. I asked him how much heroin should a novice use their first time because I ain't quitting weed and my pain will be dealt with one way or another... no shortage of opiates here in Portland.
We came to an understanding.

#8 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2021-07-16 08:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I started 14 years ago before the newest rules and my doctor knew from day 1 I smoked. When I had to sign the agreement last year it mentioned weed and I asked him about it. He told me he didn't have to drug test and knew me well enough to know not to test me.

He said the next MS patient I get who works 70 hours a week without pain meds will be his first and the next opiate patient he gets who goes over 5 years without asking for an increase in dosage will be his second so he's not worried about me. He has to have the agreement on file though but he still has the flexibility in how he enforces it.

My only fears about it are if the government tries to take away his flexibility or if he retires and the next doctor doesn't have the relationship with me to know why he has been managing my treatment so loosely.

#9 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-07-16 09:45 AM | Reply

Hey I godda idea. Let's legalize the gateway drug.
DERRR...

#10 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-07-16 01:12 PM | Reply

Re 10

Hey insurrectionist. I got some real dope for you.

Cigarettes are already legal. America was built on tobacco. The first gateway.

Now. Don't forget to GFY. (lol)

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-07-16 01:27 PM | Reply

Of course.

Prohibition has not ended. It's harder than ever for people to get medically appropriate levels of opioid medication because doctors are being treated like criminals for writing needed prescriptions. Desperate people are turning to street drugs, which are now more powerful than ever because prohibition makes it easier to get fentanyl than hydrocodone.

This is purely a consequence of prohibition. The ONLY fix is legalization.

#12 | Posted by DarkVader at 2021-07-16 06:26 PM | Reply

That war on drugs it really working out well. Why get morphine at a pharmacy when the Chinese are offering unbeatable prices on fentanyl?

#13 | Posted by Jaspar at 2021-07-16 08:34 PM | Reply

Those are quite the numbers if you look at the entire bar graph. Sure helps to explain (along with gun violence, and more natural mortality) the slowing of Americas population growth. We essentially loose more than a Vietnam War worth of human beings every year from both gun violence and drug use in this country...and now we have Covid...

#14 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-07-17 12:10 AM | Reply

#2 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce

What year and why?

#15 | Posted by Sniper at 2021-07-17 12:24 PM | Reply

So, locking people in their homes wasn't such a good idea now? 2020 alone on the graph proves this.

#16 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-07-17 05:49 PM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

I'm genuinely surprised it took 16 posts for this idiocy to finally make an appearance.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-17 06:08 PM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2021-07-17 06:08 PM | REPLY

Saya fake doctor with a Pd.H. in small appliance repair. GFY.

#18 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-07-17 06:26 PM | Reply

Hey I godda idea. Let's legalize the gateway drug.
DERRR...
#10 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Alcohol is legal.

It might even explain why you're so abysmally stupid!

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-17 08:19 PM | Reply