Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Dr. Brytney Cobia writes about people begging for the vaccine in the hospital: "I've made a LOT of progress encouraging people to get vaccinated lately! Do you want to know how? I'm admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections. One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late. A few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same. They cry. And they tell me they didn't know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn't get as sick. They thought it was 'just the flu'. But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can't. So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives."

Comments

#1 | Posted by danni at 2021-07-21 02:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

" they tell me they didn't know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. "

#2 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-21 02:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

She should get them on camera, asking for the vaccine too late.

It could make a powerful ad, kinda like Yul Brynner's anti smoking ad.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-21 02:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

... They thought it was political. ...

fmr Pres Trump and other GOP leaders made it political. They were looking to use COVID to divide the Country and win [re-]election.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-21 02:48 PM | Reply

And before they die, they beg.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2021-07-21 02:55 PM | Reply

"That's why these deaths are the fault of trump and rupert murdoch, who should be prosecuted for them.:

Except for the black Democrats, and the apolitical ones of all colors!
--Eberly

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-21 02:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"In Alabama, state officials report 94% of COVID hospital patients and 96% of Alabamians who have died of COVID since April were not fully vaccinated"

We have pro-virus posters. I wonder if they have the courage for this thread?

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2021-07-21 02:59 PM | Reply

Hmmm ... . Interesting mindset.
A lot of words come to mind, nothing respectful nor fit for this forum.

#8 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-07-21 03:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We also have morons on threads every day talking about how this virus is no threat for young people.

Should we listen to the basement-dwelling fox-watching losers, or to a doctor instead? Tough choice...

#9 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-21 03:32 PM | Reply

#8 Tiger blood? Orange skin?

GQP lies kill. The US should erect monuments to the dead killed by GQP lies.

#10 | Posted by bored at 2021-07-21 03:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

I was asked recently on a local neighborhood forum why I'm not more respectful and patient with people when debating the vaccines and COVID and what it was I was hoping for from the conversations.

This was in response to my referencing anti-vaxxers as "Dunning-Krugerites."

Which I only did after an entire day of being called a useful Fauci idiot, willfully blind ect. A full day of offering up scientific information with supporting links when I could and being rebutted by Zero Hedge, Sherri Tenpenny videos and simple "well I believe" type garbage with no basis in reality.

Of course they assumed I want people to be forcefully vaccinated. An assertion I immediately shot down and followed with the real answer, which is I want people to acknowledge the limits of their knowledge and respect those limits when expressing their opinion. I don't have a "know it all attitude," I actually genuinely know the information I'm giving to rebut the poor information found in the Zero Hedge and Sherri Tenpenny links. It's not disrespectful to correct erroneous information and try to explain why with real scientific and medical information. I finished by saying I'll never apologize for having decades of education, knowledge and experience in virology and immunology.

The response I got was "done." That's it.

Because I didn't give this lay person with near zero understanding of the topic the respect she thought she deserved she simply walked away from the conversation.

THAT is why it takes a death in the immediate family to get their attention. If they don't experience it to shatter their little misinformation bubble they'll never be reached because these are people who think their "research" that's on the scale of hours is on par with other peoples research that's on the scale of years.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-21 03:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#11

Reminds me of this...

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

--- Isaac Asimov

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-21 03:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"An assertion I immediately shot down and followed with the real answer, which is I want people to acknowledge the limits of their knowledge and respect those limits when expressing their opinion."

Ah, the old "know your station" argument.

That always works.

It sounds to me like you were trying to come off as the smartest man in the room.

Is it a safe assumption that they were unfamiliar with your extensive experience with viruses?

#13 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-07-21 04:10 PM | Reply

Oh, and a death in the family can be meaningless.

My dad was into extreme sports for decades before he got too old to do that stuff. He won't get the vaccine. His choice. Which means if he dies it was his choice. There really isn't anyone else to blame.

But I won't be sad about someone dying as a result of their choice. In all honesty, he survived far more crazy ---- than not getting a vaccine.

#14 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-07-21 04:12 PM | Reply

" In all honesty, he survived far more crazy ---- than not getting a vaccine."

#15 | Posted by danni at 2021-07-21 04:36 PM | Reply

It must be frustrating as hell to have to give this news and know that 2 little shots could have prevented it.

That the person died sucks for their family and the general "I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy" feelings, but I mostly feel for the doctor that has to carry this emotional baggage around.

I mean, it's one thing to go out on the internet trolling for whatever and saying whatever you want for whatever reasons you have, but it's another to know that someone, a living breathing someone, not some made up name on an anonymous board, who spent however long she has spent with the intent to help others not die, has to try to make sense of the choice made....that's rough.

#16 | Posted by JasonM at 2021-07-21 04:40 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by madbomber

So what if everyone makes the same choice as your dad?

The pandemic explodes and other people get sick and die THROUGH NO CHOICE OF THEIR OWN.

Idiot.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-21 04:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sen. Rubio: 'Coronavirus Vaccine Hesitancy Isn't Partisan'
www.forbes.com

...Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Wednesday claimed vaccine hesitancy is not "partisan," despite polling showing Republicans are overwhelmingly more reluctant to get a coronavirus shot than Democrats.

Asked by CBS' Anthony Mason whether Republicans should be "doing more" to convince "skeptical constituents" to get immunized, Rubio responded, "Well, I don't think the skepticism is just among Republicans."

Mason pointed to a recent CBS/YouGov poll that found 29% of Republicans say they won't get vaccinated, compared to just 6% of Democrats. ...

Key Background

Polling has consistently shown Republicans are among the most skeptical of coronavirus vaccines of any group in the country. On the ground evidence tells a similar story: all of the 18 states that reached President Biden's goal of partially or fully vaccinating 70% of their adults by July 4 voted for him in 2020. Black and Latino Americans continue to lag behind whites in vaccinations, though the disparity is not as severe as the vaccine political divide. ...

#18 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-21 04:44 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by snoofy

Don't bash on Eberly about that demographic because it is true and it is large. Trumpist I fully believe are well over 50% of those not getting vaccinated but it is not just the Faux News swallowers and trumplicans. Anti-Vax is a-political in general, COVID anti-vax has a huge political demographic though.

Michigan actually had a very detailed map of vaccination rates almost down to block level available online - it seems it's revised to county level now unfortunately. I was shocked when I looked at some of the least vaccinated neighborhoods. They are primarily a mix of Black and Hispanic or black - almost to exclusion of others. It certainly made me readjust my estimation of who is not getting vaccinated.

#19 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-07-21 04:58 PM | Reply

A rebuttal I only ever hear from people who don't want to admit their level of knowledge is insufficient.

#13 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

Nope. I stated my background on several occasions.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-21 05:04 PM | Reply

Ah, the old "know your station" argument.
That always works.

If that's what you want to call it.

I call it the "acknowledge the limitations of your knowledge" argument.

How long would it take you to start correcting me if I began pontificating on military protocol, aviation ect ect? Would you not point to you experience and knowledge as a reason why my opinions aren't very weighty compared to yours?

#21 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-21 05:07 PM | Reply

Also, you wouldn't be saddened by your father's death that was completely preventable? Seriously.

That's a new low dude. Really really new really really low low.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-21 05:09 PM | Reply

What a drama queen and attention wore. This same doctor spread COVID to at least nine of her family members because she was careless didn't take proper mask wearing precautions:

www.advisory.com
www.medpagetoday.com

The weekend of July 11-12, [2020] they invited only their closest family members, including their parents who are in their 60s, to join them primarily for an outdoor gathering lakeside. All of these family members had been taking the utmost precautions as well.

They spent the majority of the time outside (more than 90%), and not everyone was together at once, so they were mostly able to keep a safe distance.

But they didn't wear masks.

Now, eight of the 11 people who went to the lakehouse -- including the Cobias -- have tested positive for COVID-19. They said they also suspect their 2-year-old daughter has the virus based on symptoms.

A hospitalist (she didn't want to name the hospital), she said she suspects she was the group's patient zero, though she's not sure how she got the disease. The hospital wouldn't allow her on the COVID wards since she's pregnant, and she had sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE), wearing mostly N95 masks, but sometimes opting for a surgical mask.

This doctor has a history of very poor medical judgement. Why should anyone listen to her?

#23 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-21 05:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Poor SSentinel.

Has to slaughter the source because he's got nothing else to say :(

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-21 05:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

" That's a new low dude."

Not entirely.

In the past, he's said the same stuff about his kids.

#25 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-07-21 05:33 PM | Reply

Poor Rexford. He was horribly disfigured by Dr. Mindbender, and he can't help but talk like that. :(

#26 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-21 05:40 PM | Reply

Organ damage caused by COVID-19

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

- Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.

- Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.

- Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome " a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Some adults and children experience multisystem inflammatory syndrome after they have had COVID-19. In this condition, some organs and tissues become severely inflamed.

#27 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-07-21 05:43 PM | Reply

This is a blatant propaganda piece. It might be propaganda for a good cause, but that's still what it is. I think it's not a very effective propaganda piece.

#28 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-21 05:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"This is a blatant propaganda piece."

You're a blatant moron.

#29 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-07-21 05:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 8

GOP Legislators in Missouri Oppose Vaccine Efforts as State Becomes COVID Hotspot
www.propublica.org

...Amid the current surge in COVID-19 cases in Missouri, a recent Facebook conversation between two Republican state lawmakers is telling.

Around Independence Day, State Rep. Bill Kidd, from the Kansas City suburbs, revealed that he has been infected by the coronavirus.

"And no, we didn't get the vaccine," he wrote in a post that has since been deleted. "We're Republicans"

State Rep. Brian Seitz, a Republican from Taney County, home to the tourist destination of Branson, commented on the post by falsely claiming that the virus had been developed by top government scientist Anthony Fauci and billionaire Microsoft founder Bill Gates. They "knew what was coming," Seitz wrote.

"The jury is still out on the vaccine' (who knows what's in that)," he wrote.

As the number of coronavirus infections rises around the country, lawmakers like Kidd and Seitz have adopted responses that trouble many health officials. In Tennessee, Republicans legislators threatened to shut down the state health department, saying it was targeting minors for mass vaccinations without the consent of parents. In Ohio, lawmakers allowed a doctor to testify at a legislative hearing last month that coronavirus vaccines could leave people magnetized (they can't). During a hearing in the Montana Senate, a senator said he had read articles about "putting a chip in the vaccine." (There are no chips in vaccines.)...

#30 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-21 06:17 PM | Reply

'"Propaganda" is the purposeful passing of information which, at its core, is untrue.'

What you just posted fits your own made up definition of "propaganda".

In fact, propaganda is communication that is primarily used to influence an audience and further an agenda, which may not be objective and may be selectively presenting facts to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is being presented. Propaganda is often associated with material which is prepared by governments, but activist groups, companies, religious organizations, the media, and individuals also produce propaganda.

"You're a blatant moron."

Well, that little insult clearly backfired on you. :)

#31 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-21 06:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

As Dr. Walenski said, we now have a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Choose your reason for being unvaccinated, stupid, lazy, other, but the fact is that vaccine deniers and the vaccine hesitant are screwing things up for ALL of us. The problem is that Delta can break through the protection of the two dose vaccines, and although you are highly unlikely to need hospitalization or die from your infection, you still have to quarantine and can still infect your friends and loved ones. With the Reichwing actively trying to kill their followers in an effort to prove their loyalty to a criminal orange conman, we will never be done with COVID! Until Trumpism is plunged from our society like a giant orange turd, and we fix our GQP broken education system, this country is screwed!

#32 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-07-21 06:30 PM | Reply

we now have a pandemic of the unvaccinated"

That phrase doesn't even make sense. It's either still a pandemic or it isn't. I know what it's trying to say, but the awkward construction makes it sound like unvaccinated people ARE the disease. I'm sure many on this board agree with that interpretation, but it's both bad optics and lousy propaganda for the CDC to be saying that.

#33 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-21 06:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

lousy propaganda for the CDC to be saying that.

#33 | POSTED BY SENTINEL AT 2021-07-21 06:

Well then let's hope someone comes up with good propaganda before a few hundred thousand unvaccinated morons kill themselves.

#34 | Posted by Zed at 2021-07-21 06:57 PM | Reply

Posted by madbomber

Posted by sentinel

Kings of Stupidity

#35 | Posted by Angrydad at 2021-07-21 07:07 PM | Reply

Cool. I've just been named a King of the Retort. :)

#36 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-21 07:30 PM | Reply

Odd. The person that posted this article does not have a profile. It takes you directly back to the front page.

#37 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2021-07-21 07:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#37 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED AT 2021-07-21 07:37 PM

It's not really odd. I'm seeing it happen on a number of blogs. Their either bots or the site admin is pulling the strings.

#38 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-07-21 07:40 PM | Reply

If you go to the stats page you can read his profile. He signed up yesterday.

#39 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-07-21 07:45 PM | Reply

62,000+ cases yesterday ... growing day by day. And those are just the people who've been tested

www.google.com Scroll down, right side

#40 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-07-21 07:55 PM | Reply

NOW Republicans are beginning to take this pandemic seriously.

Because it's mostly infecting and killing their voters

*disgusted hrumph*

#41 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-07-21 07:57 PM | Reply

#39 - But! But! The conspiracy theory was just getting started! Damn you, Bruce!

#42 | Posted by YAV at 2021-07-21 07:58 PM | Reply

" In the 20th century, the term propaganda was often associated with a manipulative approach, but historically, propaganda has been a neutral descriptive term."

IOW, the term has grown to currently mean exactly what I claimed.

You're a blatant moron.

#43 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-07-21 08:22 PM | Reply

That's not what you claimed.

You're a sociopath.

#44 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-21 08:50 PM | Reply

"And the ignorant shall be culled,
just as the religious are fleeced
every Sunday of their money. So
shall the pompous, the self-assured,
and the haughty be laid low."

Book of Darwin
Chapter 1
verses 1-2...

#45 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-07-21 09:12 PM | Reply

Hannity finally admitted on his show that covid was real and that the vaccine works and you should get it.

Someone got to him. Or they have something on him to get him to finally admit he was so wrong. I don't care why. It was a complete turn around. But I am glad he finally did. He may have just saved a few more lives at least.

#46 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-07-21 09:41 PM | Reply

Their either bots or the site admin is pulling the strings.

#38 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

I'm leaning towards admin pulling strings, but the bot angle is also plausible.

#47 | Posted by JasonM at 2021-07-21 09:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#47 I see what you did there.

#48 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-21 10:08 PM | Reply

"Someone got to him."

They probably showed him Actual Math. That'll scare the ------ out of him.

#49 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-07-21 10:40 PM | Reply

Sorry, not sorry.
Bye bye GQP.

#50 | Posted by bored at 2021-07-22 01:15 AM | Reply

#47 just squirted eggnog on #42's face.

#51 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-22 05:34 AM | Reply

I love it! Too bad so sad but you are going to die and you deserve it!

#52 | Posted by byrdman at 2021-07-22 07:59 AM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2021-07-21 02:29 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Right wing idiots who are too stupid to discern the truth and keep listening and believing right wing liars have the blood on their hands too.

#53 | Posted by kudzu at 2021-07-22 08:30 AM | Reply

#54 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-07-22 09:02 AM | Reply

" One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late. A few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same. They cry. And they tell me they didn't know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn't get as sick. They thought it was 'just the flu'."

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Hoax. Political. Just the flu.

Those are all Donnie Fail statements on the "Gyna" virus made in 2020. He is responsible for their deaths. He could go on tv and tell people to get vaccinated. He could tell them to get the vaccine. He could have shown them he was vaccinated.

His silence makes him further complicit.

#55 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-07-22 09:21 AM | Reply

"I'm sorry, but it's too late."

Womp womp.

#56 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-22 10:03 AM | Reply

@#55 ... Pete Douchey for Faux Noise tried to blame Biden for not asking Donnie Fail to do an ad for the vaccines. Jen Psaki threw him in the woodchipper with "we don't believe an embroidered invitation is needed for this to happen". ...

Pres Sec. Psaki is correct. If fmr Pres Trump really cared about the health of Americans, he would have been doing public service ads for months now, without the White House formally asking him to do so.

Instead, what has he been doing?

Whining about his loss of the election and instigating his supporters to violence against the Constitution.

#57 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-22 10:06 AM | Reply

"Propaganda is a powerful tool especially when you have several sources repeating it to you all day every day. It results in brainwashing."

Only if it's effective and it works. It can also backfire and create a backlash, causing people to deeply distrust those putting out the propaganda. A perfect example of this is when they repeatedly lied about masks early on ("they don't protect you, they only protect others if you have it") in order to mitigate shortages and then later did a complete 180.

#58 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-22 10:17 AM | Reply

#58 So you're saying Trump's CDC lied as part of a propaganda campaign?

"in order to mitigate shortages"

Was that a lie too, or were there really shortages?

#59 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-22 10:22 AM | Reply

#57 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

There is no reason for anyone to treat the Former Guy as anything else then the entitle fool that he is.

#60 | Posted by Zed at 2021-07-22 10:27 AM | Reply

#58 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

Seriously? You take 5 people who said that along with the 20 people who may have heard it and claim its what caused backlash?

No. I'm sure it wasn't Fox and the President and Republicans attacking masks constantly...

Idiot.

#61 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-07-22 10:50 AM | Reply

Is Sentinel saying he got fooled?

#62 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-22 11:13 AM | Reply

Is Sentinel saying he got fooled?

#62 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

SENTINEL is part of a particular sub-culture. Which doesn't mean he likes smoking dope in submarines.

#63 | Posted by Zed at 2021-07-22 11:27 AM | Reply

#58 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

This is something that's passed along in his particular sub-culture.

First of all, who is "they"?

Second of all, as a person alive and fully conscious for most of the last two years I've never heard a god-damned story like it.

The subject is propaganda, right?

#64 | Posted by Zed at 2021-07-22 11:30 AM | Reply

"But why would any intelligent person not get the vaccine? Assuming, your father is intelligent."

I just don't think he cares.

Not to say he isn't intelligent, but his risk calculus is very different than most. Very different than mine. He used to build and fly his own airplanes...and he's no aeronautical engineer. Also kayaked some pretty crazy stuff that most people would not. Had he been born 60 years later, he'd be flying a wingsuit in Switzerland or something. Or base jumping.

I've mentioned this before, but at one point I was going to visit him while back in the US for work. They day I was going to see him I got word that two people in a small meeting I had been in had popped positive for COVID. I called him and told him it may not be a good idea for me to come visit. His response was to tell me to do whatever the ---- I wanted to do (his words), but he didn't give a ---- about COVID.

My dad is old. he doesn't have much time left, and he doesn't have any family nearby. In all honesty I visit him far more than any of my siblings, and I live in Germany. I suspect that he would rather risk it and spend time with family that stove up until someone at the CDC determines that COVID is no longer a threat.

But I'm with you. The vaccine, at least for me, was no big deal. After the second shot my arm was sore for a day or two, but I'll chalk that up to not going and working out after getting the shot, which is a technique that most times will head off arm pain.

#65 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-07-22 11:41 AM | Reply

"NOW Republicans are beginning to take this pandemic seriously. Because it's mostly infecting and killing their voters."

That's the crazy thing!

You'd think the Repubs would be running mass vaccination drives to ensure they had votes in the coming years.

#66 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-07-22 11:43 AM | Reply

Ridiculous': Vaccine Myths Cripple U.S. Uptake as Delta Surges
www.bloomberg.com

...The excuses range from the merely false to the absurd. The shots don't work. They impair fertility. They'll alter your DNA. They'll magnetize you. They actually spread the virus.

Unvaccinated Americans cite a litany of myths to explain their hesitance to get shots, confounding local health officials battling yet another surge of coronavirus cases fueled by the more transmissible delta variant. Inside the White House, the concern is so acute that President Joe Biden has publicly lashed out at Facebook Inc. for helping to spread disinformation....

"People are listening to social media instead of listening to their docs," he said. "Somebody who has a million followers all of the sudden becomes the expert on not getting the vaccine."...

Biden instead cited a report from the Center for Countering Digital Hate, a nonprofit with offices in London and Washingon, that found 12 leading anti-vaccine individuals and organizations are responsible for as much as 70% of Facebook content discouraging Covid-19 vaccinations.

"Facebook isn't killing people," Biden said Monday. "These 12 people who are out there giving misinformation, anyone listening to it is getting hurt by it, it's killing people. It's bad information."

He added that "instead of taking it personally," Facebook should "do something about the misinformation."...

[emphasis mine]

#67 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-22 11:57 AM | Reply

That's the crazy thing!

#66 | Posted by madbomber

YOu think the climate change denial party cares about "upcoming years"?

They're too dumb to think a day beyond the next election. And right now, all they care about is finding ways to cheat and win that election. It's the only thing they all agree on.

#68 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-22 12:30 PM | Reply

Re #47.

Well played Sir, well played.

I personally am leaning towards cheap software that is taking it's sweet time to update user info. In other words, it's just slow (being as how this site is apparently powered by hamsters).

So if you ARE from "admin" take that!

#69 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-07-22 02:39 PM | Reply

#66 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

Indeed.
Why do you think they aren't?

#70 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-22 02:50 PM | Reply

Indeed.
Why do you think they aren't?

#70 | Posted by snoofy

Because they'd rather die than admit liberals are right. Literally.

That's how strong their brainwashing is.

#71 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-22 02:52 PM | Reply

For me, I just dont believe it happened that way. It just seems too perfect. And liberals love perfect worlds and perfect "I told you so" type stuff. Sort of like Jesse Smollett's perfect lynching. When a liberal tells a story or what happened, they get too perfect with it.

It just seems like what a liberal would love to say to someone who exercises their freedom that the liberal cant stop. First, they want to say "I told you so", then they want some consequences.

Not saying unvacc people arent dying of Covid, but I just doubt it's happening like this liberal doctor says it is..

#72 | Posted by boaz at 2021-07-22 04:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#72 | Posted by boaz

And there we have the problem with america.

This was trump's whole approach with covid - deny reality until it goes away. This strategy worked on everything else in his life. He thought it would work on a pandemic too.

#73 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-22 05:07 PM | Reply

#72 nobody cares what you believe, boaz.

Reality least of all.

#74 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-22 05:47 PM | Reply

"For me, I just dont believe it happened that way. It just seems too perfect."

Boaz,
How do you think it happened?
You think they didn't beg for their life?
You think they stared death in the eye and said, I made the right choice?

#75 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-22 05:53 PM | Reply

"It just seems like what a liberal would love to say to someone who exercises their freedom that the liberal cant stop."

Boaz, you're free to exercise your freedom to kill yourself.

But for reasons you refuse to believe, if you call the veterans suicide hotline with a gun to your head, those liberal ------- will do everything they can to save you.

Now go ---- yourself, -------.

#76 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-22 05:56 PM | Reply

"Right wing liars who are discouraging people from getting vaccinated have blood on their hands.
#1 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2021-07-21 02:29 PM"

Like Kamala?

#77 | Posted by sams at 2021-07-23 10:07 AM | Reply

#77 - you are seriously brain damaged.

#78 | Posted by YAV at 2021-07-23 10:09 AM | Reply

#66 GQP would rather save face than save the lives of their voters. They don't want to admit they were wrong and look weak.

I applaud them for that. I want to see their false pride on display at funerals all over red states.

#79 | Posted by bored at 2021-07-23 10:38 AM | Reply

" It just seems too perfect. And liberals love perfect worlds and perfect "I told you so" type stuff."

Lol

Yeah. No. It wasn't "perfect".

It would have been "perfect" if it was you. Or better yet one of your relatives so you would have to live with it forever.

That would be perfect karma. Which is actually very rare.

#80 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-07-23 11:02 AM | Reply

"Now go ---- yourself, ------."
#76 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

WTF? You racist POS.

#81 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-23 11:27 AM | Reply

"Conservatives refuse to believe anything they dont want to be true because it doesn't fit their propaganda and brainwashing."

Same is true of Progressives or Geicos or whatever people call themselves these days. Everyone's become cynical and distrustful of each other. People on one side make stuff up because "it's the idea that counts" to "raise awareness" about an issue they care about. Then people on the other side start doing it to make a point about the first group, until they forget why they were doing it and become addicted to the same behavior. A pox on all your houses of you people who throw around words like "conservative" or "liberal" as if they were nouns and don't even think about what they actually mean.

#82 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-23 11:36 AM | Reply

#78 - yes, the vice president of the US should not be held even a tiny bit accountable for sowing distrust in the vaccine leading up to the election, that is how a non-brain damaged person thinks.

#83 | Posted by sams at 2021-07-23 11:37 AM | Reply

#80 - wishing covid on black people is racist.

#84 | Posted by sams at 2021-07-23 11:38 AM | Reply

#79 | Posted by bored at 2021-07-23 10:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

Now you see why they are trying to sweep 1/6 under the rug.

In the moments following 1/6 many of the GOP rushed to denounce the actions of the domestic terrorist tourists...Moscow Mitch, Lindsay Ball Racker, Kevin McSpineless all gave rousing speeches to get to the bottom of the attack and investigate it fully.

Then they all had a chance to huddle up and compare notes including being summoned to Mara Lard Ass for an audience with the orange traitor and quickly found out that the members of the GOP from wives of supreme court justices to aides to the jackass king to members of the house and senate along with local GqP official were up to their asses in coordinating the attack a sudden shift from lets hold them accountable to we need to just move on and heal. Now they are just tourists with lots of love...lots of hugs and kisses.

The GqP demanded a bipartisan commission and they got most of their demands so much so that the GOP passed the bipartisan commission only to have Mitch McTreason piss all over it and kill it.

You gotta ask why would he do that?

Because the roots of the attack run right deep into the ranks of the GqP and he is afraid that the truth would come out and hurt the GqP in the midterms.

#85 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-07-23 01:06 PM | Reply

#65 Bingo. They tried insurrection and now want to pretend that didn't happen. Sorry Nazi's, Nancy doesn't forget.

#86 | Posted by bored at 2021-07-23 01:21 PM | Reply