Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to revise its mask guidance Tuesday afternoon, saying fully vaccinated Americans should wear masks indoors in communities where there is substantial or high transmission, according to a federal official.

Comments

buh wha bow mah freedom?

#1 | Posted by cbob at 2021-07-27 09:27 PM | Reply

I can't hear you through your mask.

#2 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-07-27 11:29 PM | Reply

Thanks morons. Now we can go back to the masks you whined about because you wouldnt get a tiny shot.

#3 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-28 12:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Well there goes gov "f$%^wit" Parson's rationale for suing STL county for reinstating their mandate.

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-28 12:10 AM | Reply

Not willing to wear a mask, not willing to do the thing that would eliminate the need to for anyone to wear a mask.

#5 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-28 12:10 AM | Reply

It seems like a fair chunk of America suffers from 'Oppositional defiant disorder'.

#6 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-07-28 12:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The selfish ------ are why we cannot have nice things.

#7 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-07-28 07:39 AM | Reply

Yup I'm back to wearing a mask in customers homes which while working on a fireplace is a serious hindrance. I was looking forward to a much easier season this year but oh no, and frankly with the number of people willing to lie about it I don't really see I have a choice even if they say they are vaccinated unless I demand to see their card I don't think I could trust them.

Since I'm in about 6 homes a day if I get even an asymptotic case I could be a one man superspreader event. 60 homes in 10 days with 4.5 people on average per home 270 people potentially infected yikes.

#8 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-07-28 07:47 AM | Reply

There's no control over the disease globally. Welcome to Forever Masking.

#9 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-07-28 08:39 AM | Reply

Since I'm in about 6 homes a day...

Off topic, but what sort of work is that? Installs? Service? I wouldn't have thought fireplaces required that much effort.

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-07-28 08:47 AM | Reply

Sounds like gas fireplace installs.

#11 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-07-28 09:00 AM | Reply

Measuring stuff, fire code stuff for the chimbley, checking gas lines, estimating the cost to extend the gas line to the living room.

Hey TaoWarrior, do you offer the service to extend the gas line to the outside of the house where the fireplace is? Because then you could put a gas grill there. I had that at the last place I lived and I used the gas grill far more often than the range in the kitchen. It was great. And it could make you(r boss) a lot of $$$.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-28 09:31 AM | Reply

Gas fireplace service and gas log install. We have roughly 800k households in the area and maybe 20 people who do gas fireplace service so even if only 10% of households have gas fireplaces or want to convert wood burning to gas that's about 4000 houses per worker with 6 a day 6 days a week all year that would take me 2 years and 3 months to get to each one. Since a fireplace needs service 3-5 years yeah I'm that busy.

#13 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-07-28 09:32 AM | Reply

No I don't run the gas line that's a different license. Part of my demand comes from the fact that the guys who have that license don't want to mess with the repairs because there isn't enough money in it. The license for running the line is expensive and time consuming so doing fiddling little repair work doesn't make enough to cover the time/cost input.

#14 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-07-28 09:35 AM | Reply

We have roughly 800k households in the area...

That would do it. The guys that installed mine said they do 4 or 5 per week but they spend most of their time driving.

#15 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-07-28 09:36 AM | Reply

Yeah and this area is growing by leaps and bounds. I was at a Pulte meeting Monday and they did 130 starts in July and plan for 113 in August. Probably 60% of those will have fireplaces.

#16 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-07-28 10:02 AM | Reply

I'll wear a mask in public places if it's a requirement, or if I'm asked by someone who could not get vaccinated for good reason. I'll wear a mask if I know I'm going to be close to adults or children who have legitimate reason for not being vaccinated.

I am rarely among a lot of people anyway.. only occasional trips to stores and restaurants. But unless a variant develops that can significantly defeat the vaccines, I will not wear a mask where I feel no obligation to protect the chronically stupid. They had every opportunity to get the shots and protect themselves.

#17 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2021-07-28 11:45 AM | Reply

There's no control over the disease globally. Welcome to Forever Masking.

#9 | Posted by sitzkrieg

That's because there's not enough vaccine globally. America doesn't have that excuse. Our masking is now due to republican stupidity.

#18 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-28 01:15 PM | Reply

There's no control over the disease globally. Welcome to Forever Masking.

#9 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

Welcome to hyperventilating hysteria.

Equilibrium will be reached and this will be a seasonal endemic virus like the others.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-29 09:26 AM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY TAOWARRIOR

Fugg'em.

They willingly exposed themselves to you.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-29 09:53 AM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY TAOWARRIOR

If you're wearing an N95-rated mask you don't need to worry either way.

#21 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-07-29 10:15 AM | Reply