Wednesday, July 28, 2021

A third dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine can "strongly" boost protection against the Delta variant -- beyond the protection afforded by the standard two doses, suggests new data released by Pfizer on Wednesday.

Comments

Didn't I read a few weeks ago that Pfizer was in the process of producing a third dose specific to the Delta variant? I'd gladly get a third shot of Moderna if it meant I could continue with my COVID free summer!

#1 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-07-28 07:09 PM | Reply

Now we arrive at the moment where pharma's past greed comes back to haunt all of us.

Do we trust them that we really do need a third shot, or are they returning to past behavior and trying to market something we don't need so they can get richer, as they've often done before?

#2 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-07-28 08:00 PM | Reply

Maybe I'll just take the third shot ...
-GOP anti vaxxers

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2021-07-28 09:00 PM | Reply

Endless boosters boost profits!

So does not being in a pandemic.

#5 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-07-28 09:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's almost as if it's like the seasonal flu shot ...

Nah, definitely microchips and mind control serum.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-07-28 09:25 PM | Reply

#1 | Posted by _Gunslinger_

One of the scientists who developed the Pfizer mRNA vaccine explained how easy it is to produce booster shots for COVID or any virus. The layman's way he explained it was that they can insert the shapes of single or multiple protein spikes and paste them in like we would a pic overlay in PhotoShop so our immune systems recognize them too.

My wife and I both got the Pfizer shot. If they roll out a booster, we'll get it too.

Our COVID-free summer would be more fun if temps would fall out of the 100's/high 90's. Man, it's still sweltering at 10 o'clock when I take the fur kids for some off leash romping in a fenced field.

#7 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-07-29 01:15 AM | Reply

Endless boosters boost profits!

#3 | POSTED BY FSUKNOWIT

Vaccines actually aren't particularly profitable for pharma cos.

In any case, I'd like to see this data. Sounds suspicious that a third shot of non-delta S protein would protect better against delta...

#8 | Posted by jpw at 2021-07-29 09:15 AM | Reply

But I heard that people using their smart phones to post on social media have freaked out about the vaccine being used to track you. Don't let the big gummint take away your freedums by giving you the vaccine! Live vaccine free and die!

#9 | Posted by chuffy at 2021-07-29 01:41 PM | Reply

Pfizer now expects that the vaccine will generate $33.5 billion in revenue this year.

"Vaccines actually WEREN'T particularly profitable for pharma cos."

FTFY.

#10 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-07-30 05:37 AM | Reply

When a Pfizer booster comes out I'll gladly get it.

#11 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-07-30 05:57 AM | Reply