Thursday, July 29, 2021

The judge-made doctrine of qualified immunity has received significant attention over the past 14 months as the nation has grappled yet again with the persistent abuse of Black people at the hands of law enforcement.

Comments

Well that's nuts.

I once saw a stupid sixth grader in my class try to beat up a teacher who was about twice his height.

He threw everything he had into those body shots and the teacher barely moved.

That's the kind of restraint I expect from teachers though I also expect kids not to attack them and to fear expulsion.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2021-07-29 08:29 PM | Reply

"Why do liberals have to make everything about race?"

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-29 08:58 PM | Reply

"Why do liberals have to make everything about race?"

#2 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-07-29 08:58 PM | REPLY

Because that's all they have? Did I win the car, Bob?

#3 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-07-30 01:45 AM | Reply

"Because that's all they have? Did I win the car, Bob?"

If you think that is all liberals have then you have missed all the history from 1932 on. Every benefit, every labor protection, virtually every freedom you have came from liberals. Trust me, conservatives don't give a crap about you, never have never will. I read posters like you all the time and just shake my head about your incredible ignorance of who you are, your rights in this nation and how you idiots think you got them.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2021-07-30 08:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Now it's up to the father to take care of the piece of crap teacher.

#5 | Posted by Docman at 2021-07-30 11:43 AM | Reply

Did I win the car, Bob?

#3 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

No ... but here's your [stupid] sign!

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-07-30 12:12 PM | Reply

One of my little brothers got the holey paddleboard on bare backside in elementary school from the Principle. My Dad, the long haul truck driver at the time, went down to the school and beat the living ---- out of him. My brother had an especially high IQ, but would be what we call now somewhere on the Autistic spectrum.

We actually moved not long after that to a new town whose school had special classes for special kids like him.

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2021-07-30 05:16 PM | Reply

Corky.
You can paddle my teenaged son.
You paddle an elementary aged kid or put him in choke hold, that's not acceptable. I'm coming at you.

#8 | Posted by Docman at 2021-07-30 06:11 PM | Reply

You don't hit a child.

This is never acceptable.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-30 06:13 PM | Reply

The legal landscape is indefensible and leaves children vulnerable to significant abuse. Texas and Mississippi account for a nationally disproportionate number of incidents of corporal punishment. Black boys are twice as likely as white boys to be corporally punished, while Black girls are three times as likely as white girls.

Yes, stuff like this IS about race

#10 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-07-30 06:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Funny thing..I saw nothing about how old this first grader was, or why the teacher though it necessary to put him in a choke.

And to me, a choke is the best way to diffuse a violent situation, if you can get there. Especially if this first grader was going after other students in that class.

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-07-31 01:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Appeal this self-serving flaky crap.

#12 | Posted by fresno500 at 2021-07-31 01:50 PM | Reply