Friday, July 30, 2021

The decision comes more than a year after the U.S. Supreme Court said that Trump's tax returns and other financial records had to be turned over by his longtime accountants to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., because of a subpoena issued as part of Vance's criminal probe of the Trump Organization.

Comments

From the cited article...

...In assessing whether such a request could serve such a purpose, "the Executive Branch must give due weight to Congress's status as a co-equal branch of government," the opinion said....

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-30 01:30 PM | Reply

NOW the SHTF. ---- that cheap -----, I hope they, "lock him up" LOL.

#2 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-07-30 02:36 PM | Reply

@#2

I suspect there may be an appeal at some point to the SCOTUS.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-30 02:56 PM | Reply

It's hard not to be optimistic. We've been waiting for this breakthrough for a long time. I'd say 'Ways and Means' has the upper hand if Trump takes it to the Supreme Court again. He's already lost twice.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-07-30 09:13 PM | Reply

Al Capone the fat bastard.

#5 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-07-30 09:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Someone wake me when they actually have them in hand.

#6 | Posted by Sezu at 2021-07-31 09:03 AM | Reply

Partnership returns show the recipient of interest paid. What's the over/under on mentions of Alfa Bank? I say three ...

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2021-07-31 10:41 AM | Reply

It's about time!

But I believe it when I see it.

"Must hand them over" and "actually handing them over" are two different things.

As we have learned some men still think they are above the law.

#8 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-07-31 12:42 PM | Reply

But he's being audited?!?

How can this be?