Saturday, July 31, 2021

Amanda Knox: Does my name belong to me? Does my face? What about my life? My story? Why is my name used to refer to events I had no hand in? I return to these questions because others continue to profit off my name, face, and story without my consent. Most recently, the film Stillwater. ... I never asked to become a public person. The Italian authorities and global media made that choice for me. And when I was acquitted and freed, the media and the public wouldn't allow me to become a private citizen again.

Comments

This poses an interesting question --- did publicity seek her, or did she seek publicity?

If the former, then the studio, et al, should have gotten her signature on a contract.

If the latter, all bets are off.

(my non-legal opinion...)

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-31 12:26 PM | Reply

She's been out of the news for quite some time. There was an interview, last year maybe(?) which was the only time she broke her silence once the furor of her return calmed down. Can't see where she was seeking publicity unless you are talking after the fact L.

#2 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2021-07-31 03:32 PM | Reply

This was an interesting case in terms of the UK media portraying her as guilty and the US media portraying her as innocent.

She's lucky to have rich parents to get her off... but then she never would have been involved in this if she didn't have rich parents.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-07-31 03:48 PM | Reply

G-U-I-L-T-Y. She beat it, she's not "innocent".

#4 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-07-31 11:47 PM | Reply

#4 And you arrived at this conclusion, how?

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-08-01 12:36 AM | Reply

Her whole demeanor was that of a guilty person.

She may have just been callous and clueless but not involved....

Somehow, I don't think so.

#6 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-08-01 02:52 AM | Reply

How do you judge her "demeanor"?

#7 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-08-01 04:19 AM | Reply

How do you judge her "demeanor"?

#8 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-08-01 04:19 AM | Reply

T-R-O-L-L-I-N-G.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-08-01 07:50 AM | Reply

If I were a defense attorney looking for a fair trial for my client I would reject EFFETEPOSTER during jury selection.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2021-08-01 01:17 PM | Reply