Saturday, July 31, 2021

When Ray Lucas and his girlfriend Shi'Ann Brown returned after a trip to the corner store to pick up milk, they found their Michigan home engulfed in flames -- and their twin daughters were trapped inside. His mother, who had been watching the 18-month-old girls, was panicking on the front yard in Eastpointe, Michigan, and trying to get help. "I was speechless. Action took over me. I ran into the house to get my babies," Lucas, 23, told CNN.

Comments

His girlfriend needs to propose to him.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2021-07-31 06:24 PM | Reply

Yeah. He's a keeper.

#2 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2021-07-31 06:30 PM | Reply

I am the son of a fireman.

One day my Dad came home from work and walked right into their bedroom. My Mom followed him.

He did not come out of the bedroom until the next day when he had to go back to work.

That next day my Mom explained to us kids what happened.

My Dad had gone to a house fire. In the house he found a baby. He carried the baby out of the house, trying to breathe life into the baby.

The baby died in his arms before he got to the ambulance.

I have a super level of respect for people who run into burning buildings.

Ms Brown should marry this guy, throw her arms around him and never let go.

Really.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-07-31 08:27 PM | Reply

Wow! Hats off to this heroic man.

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-08-01 05:32 AM | Reply

Father of the year award!

I hope his family uses some of the GoFundMe money for a Worlds Best Dad coffee mug, one of the few cases it wouldn't be an exaggeration.

He also caught his niece jumping out of a second story window.

Mad Respect for Ray.

#5 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-08-01 08:04 AM | Reply

Well done Dad!

Or at least medium rare based on the photo.

#6 | Posted by bored at 2021-08-01 04:47 PM | Reply

Some guys have a hard time hanging around for fatherhood even after marriage.

This guy isn't married but will walk through FLAME for his kids???

His lady needs to lay claim to this man before the hoe patrol arrives and tries to seduce him.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-02 08:42 PM | Reply

Major props to this guy. Hopefully the medical bills don't eat up all the go fund me money.

#8 | Posted by willowby at 2021-08-02 09:28 PM | Reply