Sunday, August 01, 2021

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) joked over the weekend that it would be hard for him not to hit Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calf.) with a gavel if the GOP wins control of the lower chamber in next year's midterm elections.

Comments

Nothing says "Family Values" quite like joking about hitting a grandmother in the head with a hammer

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-08-01 03:31 PM | Reply

During the Tennessee Republican Party's annual Statesman's Dinner fundraiser on Saturday evening, members of Tennessee's Republican congressional delegation handed McCarthy an oversized gavel with the words "Fire Pelosi" emblazoned on it.

After accepting the delegation's gift, McCarthy issued a quip about Pelosi by joking that it would be "hard not to hit her" with the gavel if he becomes House speaker.

"I want you to watch Nancy Pelosi hand me that gavel, it'll be hard not to hit her with it, but I will bang it down," McCarthy said.

I guess this is the Republican version of Saturday Night Live these days. Making jokes about "hitting" an 81 year old grandmother is par for the course in Trump's perverted GOP party.

Guess Pelosi's "He's such a moron" quip musta hit close enough to home that big bad Kevin felt compelled to say something idiotic to prove her right.

#2 | Posted by tonyroma at 2021-08-01 03:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I wonder if boaz and co will come to the rescue of a woman being crapped on, because you know, "integrity".

#3 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-08-01 03:34 PM | Reply

I'm pretty sure at this point Pelosi is a great grandmother and considering that about half a year ago republicans really did try to murder her the "joke" isn't funny and he should apologize.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-01 03:40 PM | Reply

Sorry, in the context it was funny. Damn lighten up people.

#5 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-08-01 03:57 PM | Reply

TOR

I'd venture that Pelosi feels the same way about McCarthy but she's too smart to actually say it.

"I was just joking" is a lousy defense in a court room. Filing a pre-trial motion for temporary insanity would at least let him bring in experts to attest to his brain washed mental condition (Donald Trump's fault) ~~ for whatever it's worth.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-08-01 04:19 PM | Reply

Sorry, in the context it was funny.

There is NO context where any threat against Nancy Pelosi is "funny".

Cleveland man charged with threatening to kill Nancy Pelosi

July 7, 2021

A Cleveland man has been charged with threatening to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for "committing treason" against the US, court documents show.

"I want to let you know that I'm gonna be landing in the Stockton, California, airport," Staudohar said, the affidavit shows. "I'm coming up there for a ... vengeance."

"I'm a self-made man, and I have ordered a hit," Staudohar allegedly told a Dallas cop. "I ordered two bullets to be put in her head."

"You tell that dirty f""g c" I'm gonna work her over with brass knuckles," Staudohar said, the affidavit shows. "By the time I'm done with her, her face is gonna look a f""g 10-pound bag of hamburger."

A Trump loyalist was found guilty of making death threats against lawmakers, including AOC, Pelosi, and Schumer

April 28, 2021

Brendan Hunt, a 37-year-old Trump loyalist from Queens, faces up to 10 years in prison after a jury found him guilty of making a death threat against elected officials.

In December 2020, Hunt demanded Trump hold a "public execution of pelosi aoc schumer etc," referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. He said outside groups would kill the lawmakers if they weren't executed by the government.

Man Charged With Making Death Threats to Nancy Pelosi in Coronavirus Rant

March 28, 2021

A Texas man, ranting on social media about the congressional response to the coronavirus outbreak, has been charged with making death threats to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats, federal prosecutors announced on Thursday.

Gavin Weslee Blake Perry, 27, of Wichita Falls, Texas, wrote on his personal Facebook page on Monday that Ms. Pelosi was part of a satanic cult and that she and other Democrats should be killed, the authorities said.

Man charged with making death threats against Biden, Pelosi, Michigan Gov. Whitmer

March 16, 2021

A Michigan man is facing charges after authorities said he posted death threats online targeting President Joe Biden, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Authorities said Docter posted messages saying that "he would use a gun to shoot and kill the elected officials and would be the catalyst' for a new American revolution."

"(Docter) also had information on how to make a bomb and where the find the necessary materials on his smart phone," officials with Nessel's office said in a news release.

People like these don't need cowardly morons like McCarthy to minimize the use of violence toward anyone, much less the Speaker of the House and 3rd in line for the Presidency. McCarthy has proven himself unfit to ever become SOH, and comments adding fuel to the fire of already deranged individuals only confirms it.

#7 | Posted by tonyroma at 2021-08-01 04:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Could I despise this guy more than trump? I think so.

#8 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2021-08-01 06:06 PM | Reply

Well, now we can be sure that not only is racism dead in America, but so is misogyny.

Ain't that grand!

#9 | Posted by Corky at 2021-08-01 06:11 PM | Reply

His comments are as idiotic as Bidens...

www.cnn.com

Or Robert De Niros

www.washingtonpost.com

#10 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2021-08-01 06:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Both comments are septuagenarians talking about fighting another septuagenarian - ie. fully-grown, mature men reverting to adolescent boy talk.

Men should NEVER speak of unprovokedly striking an 81 year old woman under any circumstances, period. The fact that you try to claim that there is some equivalence in your exchange only underscores you too have no idea what you're talking about and completely ignore the accompanying misogyny McCarthy gave voice to - which is nowhere to be found in the other two statements.

#11 | Posted by tonyroma at 2021-08-01 06:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Humor is all about timing and that includes not telling jokes like this less than a year after his cult actually tried to kill her.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-01 07:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

- his cult actually tried to kill her.

If at first you don't succeed......

#13 | Posted by Corky at 2021-08-01 08:03 PM | Reply

Yeah, let's normalize hitting an old lady with a wooden hammer... real class act them republicl0wns.

#14 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-08-01 09:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 TONYRAMA-You posted to the wrong comment. I simply stated I despised McCarthy more than trump.

#15 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2021-08-01 11:00 PM | Reply

He's not the first McCarthy to act like a completely unAmerican moron.

Like Joe previous McCarthy, he'll go down in American history viewed with disdain.

#16 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-08-02 01:35 AM | Reply

AU

"He's not the first McCarthy to act like a completely unAmerican moron."

Although I haven't heard of anybody trying to connect the two, the name alone does have a certain offensive odor about it.

I wonder ~ is paranoia learned or genetic?

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-08-02 04:30 AM | Reply

Kevin McCarthy will be an pariah in less time than anyone might think now.

#18 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-08-02 05:03 AM | Reply

TWIN

I wonder ~ is paranoia learned or genetic?

Seems to be a requirement for the vast majority of elected Republicans nowadays.

#19 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-08-02 05:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I guess hitting elderly women is funny to magats.

#20 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-08-02 07:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

These clowns in power have a rude awakening coming. The brazen left supporting this senile, nursing home patient will be soon crying.

#21 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-08-02 07:42 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The brazen left supporting this senile, nursing home patient will be soon crying

What on earth are you talking about? The "left" isn't supporting Trump.

#22 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-08-02 07:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 TONYRAMA-You posted to the wrong comment.

Not at the time I posted it. RCade combined two threads which changed the post numbers. I was referring to the post directly above mine - which is now post #10.

#23 | Posted by tonyroma at 2021-08-02 08:27 AM | Reply

Correct me if I am wrong, but seems like, according to the "Bush Doctrine", Speaker Pelosi would be justified in applying a 'Preemptive-Koboom' with the gavel to McCarthy's wooden noggin, at any time prior to the 'handover of aforementioned gavel.

Aint Republican Policy grand!

#24 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2021-08-02 08:39 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Damn lighten up people.

#5 | POSTED BY BRUCEAZ

With McCarthy and his traitors?

Yeah. I don't think so.

Maybe after they are held accountable and serve some time I will be ready to joke about their attempted insurrection and cover up.

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-08-02 10:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Shows his fear that he may be implicated in the investigation for 'aiding and abbetting' the last corrupt POTUS...

#26 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-08-02 12:24 PM | Reply

I hope he rips bitems speech up like he learned.

#27 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-08-02 01:18 PM | Reply

The funny part will come when McCarthy has to eat crow for making such a stupid statement.

#28 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-08-02 03:55 PM | Reply

She should carry concealed and when he threatens it, blast his ass.

#29 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-08-02 04:05 PM | Reply

It will be really hard to stop from backing up and running him over again if I ever see that clown in person.

#30 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-08-02 04:45 PM | Reply

Hitting an old woman over the head with a hammer. Hysterical! Laugh it up funny boy!

#31 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-08-02 11:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I stand by lighten up . Jesus people.

Anyway she'd cut his balls off before he got the chance.

#32 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-08-02 11:36 PM | Reply

BRUCE

We'll lighten up when Trump loses his last appeal, is dead broke and living in one of Jared's slumlord apartments. In the meantime anybody who even tacitly shows approval of that narcissistic psychopath is fair game.

#33 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-08-03 10:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Such a funny joke. It will be hard for me not to blow his brains out with a high powered sniper rifle from a couple of hundred yards away. Ha ha ha. Hysterical!

#34 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-08-03 03:47 PM | Reply

Qevin McQuarty hails from CA, so he could have ended up in either party. He's a Republiclown because even though he's incredibly stupid and a really horrible liar, read his speech about meeting kings and queens, as long as they have Gohmert, Madge Trator Green, Boobert, Mo Brooks, et al, he'll never be the stupidest elected official in the GQP. If he were a Dem, hands down he'd be the bottom of the brains pecking order.

#35 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-08-03 04:34 PM | Reply