Wednesday, August 04, 2021

The COVID-19 pandemic, coupled with record sales of firearms, has fueled a shortage of ammunition in the United States that's impacting law enforcement agencies, people seeking personal protection, recreational shooters and hunters -- and could deny new gun owners the practice they need to handle their weapons safely.

Comments

(Col. Andy Tanner) "All right. Four planes. Cuban bunker, Russian bunker. munitions dump, troop tents. Four machine gun bunkers. Back here by the drive-in screen are your political prisoners. We'll cause a diversion over here -- cut holes in the wire here, fire on all these machine gun positions. The B-Group comes across this area in a flanking maneuver -- and when you reach this bunker, you lay down grazing fire on this defilade. I think that's pretty simple. Anybody got any questions so far?"

(Doug Toby) "What's a "flank?""

(Jennifer Grey) "What's a "defilade?""

(C. Thomas Howell) "What's "grazing fire?""

(Col. Andy Tanner) "I need a drink."

#1 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-08-04 01:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

That's why I save all my brass and reload what I can.

#2 | Posted by willowby at 2021-08-04 05:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

So will spousal and otSo fine... here we go with another aspect of the republcl0wn death cult politics.

Firearms are the prefered method of dealing with an unruly relative... or suicide. They are rarely... I mean rarely used in self-defence.

So for all their mass-murdering find comfort in the fact that twice as many suicides are committed with guns by their stupid owners.

#3 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-08-04 08:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Sportsman's Warehouse in Grand Junction had lots of ammo last weekend.

#4 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2021-08-04 09:25 PM | Reply

"They are rarely... I mean rarely used in self-defence."

There are people here on the DR who are arguing, right now, that the McCloskey's used them in self defense.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-08-04 09:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 4 | Newsworthy 1

#4 - it's easy to find online as well.

#6 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-04 09:42 PM | Reply

If Covid comes knockin on my door it will be in for one hell of a .38 caliber surprise! Aint no fricking virus gonna outrun a bullet. This American stands his ground.

#7 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-08-04 09:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

Hmmm...soaring gun sales. At the same time as soaring numbers of shootings.

I wonder what the connection could be? Adurrrrrrrrr

#8 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-04 09:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Can I ask... when have guns sales not been "soaring"?

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-08-04 10:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Effry butty vith guns be crassy. You must do az I say und turn zem in to gahvermint.
Achtung cawdamnit!

#10 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-08-05 08:30 AM | Reply

I wonder what the connection could be?

A lapse in morals of the individual pulling the trigger?

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2021-08-05 10:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

-Can I ask... when have guns sales not been "soaring"?

I would have to post evidence of this but I've always read that they soar when a democrat wins the WH and then they cool off once a republican wins.

The fear the democrat is coming after their guns/ammo is what drives that.

#12 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 10:42 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Achtung cawdamnit!

#10 | Posted by phesterOBoyle

Vite people are zee superior race! If vee dont win zee election zen it must have been stolen! True patriots take up arms against zee fellow countrymen! And put on zees brown shirts first.

#13 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 11:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The fear the democrat is coming after their guns/ammo is what drives that.

#12 | Posted by eberly

Instilled in them by professional liars and billionaires to trick broke morons into voting for billionaire's puppet candidates.

#14 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 11:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I wonder what the connection could be?

A lapse in morals of the individual pulling the trigger?

#11 | Posted by boaz

Yeah that's why shootings didn't spike before gun sales spiked. People had more morals...2 years ago.

#15 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 11:48 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

I've always found this to be the most interesting irony.....that gun & ammo makers profit more when a democrat occupies the WH. They have to publicly support the GOP but privately root for the dem.

#16 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 11:50 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#15 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

Wouldn't bother. He's still confused trying to wedge reality into his distorted world view like some ------- flat earther.

#17 | Posted by JasonM at 2021-08-05 11:59 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by eberly

As long as they can keep the cowering shivering gun clutching babies scared of [insert fake boogeyman here], they can keep selling guns.

Same tactic the GOP uses to keep getting votes. "Sure we're fascists who got a half million americans killed and tried to end democracy, but if you don't vote for us [your kids will be raped by a trans person in a bathroom and communists will take over the country]

#18 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 12:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

and that's where suckers like you come in, helping them spread their lies about the democrats, false equivalencies, and boogeyman threats of what democrats want to do to them.

Really the great irony is you complaining about a propaganda process that you play a crucial role in.

#19 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 12:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

-a propaganda process that you play a crucial role in.

Crucial you say!!!

Crucial indeed!!!!

#20 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 12:24 PM | Reply

-a propaganda process that you play a crucial role in.

Crucial you say!!!

Crucial indeed!!!!

#20 | Posted by eberly

Certainly. Propaganda doesn't work without suckers to hear and repeat it.

#21 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 12:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm repeating propaganda?

I'm sorry about that. I'll stop.......once you show me where I actually repeat propaganda.

#22 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 01:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#22 | Posted by eberly

Your entire "both parties are the problem" religion is propaganda.

#23 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 01:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Your entire "both parties are the problem" religion is propaganda.

#23 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY AT 2021-08-05 01:49 PM | REPLY

Wait until you meet the Tankies...

#24 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-08-05 02:04 PM | Reply

Again.........once you show me where I actually repeat propaganda.

you can make that accusation all you want. You can't provide evidence of it, however.

#25 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 02:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The poster spewing propaganda on this thread is speak.

Not me.

Even if speaks can demonstrate where I actually do that, how is that propaganda?

Regarding the specific issue......it's either true or it's not.

#26 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 02:24 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Again.........once you show me where I actually repeat propaganda.

#25 | Posted by eberly

I just did. Can you not read?

Saying both parties are the problem, both parties are extreme, both parties [insert lie here] is propaganda. It's all propaganda from the WORSE party, happily repeated by you every day on every thread.

#27 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 02:56 PM | Reply

Get

help

#28 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 03:14 PM | Reply

Get

help

#28 | Posted by eberly

Oh we've already progressed to the the PERSONAL INSULTS phase of Eb losing an argument?

I can't wait for the part where you start calling me emotional and using feminine sexist insults, right before begging me to tell you about my personal life.

#29 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 03:19 PM | Reply

No really...get some help.

There are a dozen folks here right now who would love to come after me if they had anything to hit me with.

Get some help from them.

Clearly, you can't make your own argument. You require some assistance.

Post words I've written saying "both parties are the problem".

Start with this thread...and go from there.

#30 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 03:22 PM | Reply

time for your nap?

#31 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 04:11 PM | Reply

I do enjoy your daily fights with spoeaks, ebs. Not gonna lie.

#32 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-08-05 04:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

more than fair, Alex. I get my jollies from exchanges here.

I really miss the Zed-Nulli drug arguments. I currently enjoy Madbomber-many people arguments about socialism, fascism, etc.

#33 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 04:43 PM | Reply

Post words I've written saying "both parties are the problem".

Start with this thread...and go from there.

#30 | Posted by eberly

I don't run errands for trolls.

Yeah let me spend my time searching your old posts like you do with mine. Finding a quote, then having you say it doesn't count because you used the word "sides" instead of "parties".

Then when you're finally cornered with no other excuses you lash out with personal attacks.

Everyone knows your game.

#34 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 05:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

-I don't run errands for trolls.

Worse...you lick my taint...for free.

Research old posts?? You just said this...." happily repeated by you every day on every thread."

And now you don't have time to look for it.

LOL......obviously you have nothing BUT time, ass sniffer.

#35 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 05:12 PM | Reply

-everyone knows your game.

yeah....slapping the lying ---- out of your mouth.

but let's be honest....it's without challenges.

#36 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 05:13 PM | Reply

Every time I call you out on specific cases of what you are accused you act like you've never heard of the issue before and make a Tucker-faced response to it.

Please.

#37 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-08-05 06:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

yeah....slapping the lying ---- out of your mouth.

but let's be honest....it's without challenges.

#36 | Posted by eberly

You are so predictable it's pathetic.

You get called out, get angry, start calling names, then it heads in a sexual direction. It all becomes calling your opponent feminine, talk about dicks and ---, more gay stuff...

Leads me to believe you have problems in the bedroom.

#38 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-05 06:19 PM | Reply

"problems in the bedroom."

We recently got a new fan.

Problems solved.

#39 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-05 07:07 PM | Reply

I see a one sided convo by Eberly, so the other conversant must be someone I have on my killfile list. Judging by the idiotic quotes, I'm guessing it's speaksoftly. Am I right?

#40 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-05 07:20 PM | Reply

Killfiles are a sign of weakness.

#41 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-08-05 07:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

#41 - I see them as a way to avoid trolling, childish name calling, and hate. These are things I don't tolerate IRL, either. But if they are a sign of weakness to you, do not utilize them, by all means.

#42 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-05 08:09 PM | Reply

#41 - looking at the stats page and using your metric, there are a hell of a lot of weak people on this site.

#43 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-05 08:20 PM | Reply

#43 He means those that killfile, not those who receive.

I have 1 killfile: HeliumRat. I just don't care for his tin-foil fakey far out man ----. It's just too stupid. But I won't plonk anyone else. Not even Sniper, and he's dumb as ----.

#44 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-08-05 08:28 PM | Reply

#44 - I understand. But someone killfiled all those people. That's of whom I speak.

I find Heliumrat amusing. He doesn't engage in the aforementioned three thin I cited. I think he's out there, to be sure, but it's harmless stuff.

#45 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-05 08:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Ammo is gold. I've bought so much ammo and guns over the last 15 years that it's beginning to look like a 10 year return on gold. I literally don't have room for any more, I fact, I'm about to start making .75 on thr $. Yessindeed!

#46 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-08-05 11:58 PM | Reply

#44 | POSTED BY HORSTNGRABEN AT 2021-08-05 08:28 PM

Haven't been here long. Maybe 6 months but I've read him a couple of times. If you had to block heliumrat, you're a melted snowflake.

#47 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-08-06 12:01 AM | Reply

If you can forecast your needs, order online. Depending where you live, of course. I've been doing that a while now, much less irritating than haunting the gun stores looking for ammo. I was going to look at getting back into reloading, but powder and primers seem more scarce than ammo. I'm almost glad I didn't get drawn for a muzzleloader tag this year, I'm having a hell of a time finding powder or pellets.

#48 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2021-08-06 09:22 AM | Reply

The three G's: God, guns and gullibility.

#49 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2021-08-06 10:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#49 | POSTED BY PUMPKINHEAD

That's exactly what it is. Same thing happened under President Obama. Couldn't find .22 ammo for 2 years. There's not a shortage. Ammunition manufacturers are turning out more than ever. Demand has skyrocketed due to paranoia that the Dem's are coming for our guns. People are stockpiling. Think of ammo today like toilet paper last March.

This is overall a pretty good article. freerangeamerican.us

#50 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2021-08-06 11:04 AM | Reply

Your stats are a bit off; try the FBI's Annual UCR.

#51 | Posted by OzarkCon at 2021-08-06 01:03 PM | Reply

Killfiles are a sign of weakness.

#41 | Posted by bruceaz

So is changing usernames. Ask jake about it.

#52 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-08-06 01:12 PM | Reply

Common calibers can be had for twice 2019 prices if you do some research. Esoterics aren't too bad, they were alwasy expensive. Buy in bulk on the web and dry fire practice, that's the ticket!

#53 | Posted by OzarkCon at 2021-08-06 01:12 PM | Reply

Not paranoia as the rise in violent crime over this past year is the main factor driving the recent rise in gun sales, and many of the new new gun owners are women and blacks...

Then again, probably many are are totally unaware of that rise an the 'major media' tries their best to play that down.

America's Top 20 Cities for Crime, and What Party Runs Them