Tuesday, August 24, 2021

NBC News poll sheds some light on those question, with the survey finding that 69 percent of all adults say they've already been vaccinated, versus 13 percent saying they won't get vaccinated under any circumstance. And here are the American adults who say they've already been vaccinated -- broken down by demographic group:

Comments

Let me guess, trumpers say no to trump's vaccine.

#1 | Posted by bat4255 at 2021-08-24 08:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

But but but it's the blacks that are causing the surge!

#2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-08-24 08:59 PM | Reply

I'm just going to beat the trolls to the punch and point out that this is a self-selecting survey.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-24 09:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Anyone surprised the lowest number was Trump voters in 2020 general election?

#4 | Posted by YAV at 2021-08-24 09:41 PM | Reply

Nope! Because they're all dopes!

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-08-24 10:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 | Posted by catdog at 2021-08-25 09:55 AM | Reply

That is easily discernable by listening to what they
say CatDog. Not the most cogent of theories/beliefs
as to why not to vaccinate.

#7 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-08-25 10:55 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I think it, like all other gripes that the
undereducated Right have in this country, they
all pretty much boil down to the same argument.

"I'm white, I'm privileged, and angry.
Because of my poor choices in life, my,
not focusing on my education, my not
bettering my personal skill set,
I have been left angry, underpaid, and outside
the realm of future economic gain.
And because I am mad, irrationally angry,
and frustrated, I am going to take it out
on everyone but the people who have caused
my condition. I'm going to yell about every
minority, every liberal politician, every
foreign non-white majority country, and I am
going to blame them for my condition, even though
none of them is at fault. I am going to do this,
because the alternative is far, far worse. I don't
want to face the reality that I have been a dolt, a fool,
and 'taken to the cleaners' by leaders and officials that
I trusted (republicans), who look like me, who attend the
same church as me, who have the same beliefs as me, BUT,
who in reality don't give a damn about me. I don't want
to face the reality that I have been had, that I am a fool,
that I AM AT FAULT for my own condition. And so I will
yell and rant and continue to blame everyone else that does
not look like or does not think like me. Because I am a child.
I refuse to grow up, and face the tough facts of life."

#8 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-08-25 11:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Eh, I'm a white male over 50 who voted for Bernie in the primary.

I was on the county waitlist to get the vaccine, was looking at multiple pharmacies for appointments at the same time, and was even nice enough to call the county to tell them I'd found another appointment. I applied to get into a trial last year, didn't get a callback on that, but did get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity.

I've been fully vaccinated since early April. I never stopped wearing masks to the grocery store, haven't eaten indoors at a restaurant since 2019, but did enjoy the few months of semi-normality before going back to masking absolutely everywhere almost a month ago.

I'm ---- sick of this crap. And the antivaxxer anti-mask asshats are ruining it for everybody.

F-k their "freedom" to make everybody sick. I want MY freedom to go out without risking getting sick or making other people sick back. They claim they don't want to be a "guinea pig" for an "experimental" vaccine that is at this point as tested as any ---- vaccine in history. I tried to be a ---- actual human "guinea pig" to try to save their useless lives.

My patience is done. It's time for the gov to step up and do their jobs, mandate the ---- vaccine.

#9 | Posted by DarkVader at 2021-08-25 08:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6--I read into this that many anti-vaxxers never crossed the threshold of a college...
Nah, it is increasingly apparent many anti-vaxxers bailed on high school and further book learning way-y-y-y before they could ever get to college, and it shows.

I was taught by my parents to eschew people who were anti-book-learning at an early age. However, racial prejudice was NOT tolerated!

"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read."

Mark -----