Friday, August 27, 2021

South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, the state's top law enforcement officer, pleaded no contest on Thursday to misdemeanor traffic charges stemming from a fatal hit-and-run in September 2020 that killed a 55-year-old man walking along the shoulder of U.S. Highway 14.

Comments

Dude hasn't even been removed from office.

They found evidence his car was on the rumble strips when he hit the victim and that the victim's glasses were INSIDE the car because he had gone partially through the windshield.

And he got two misdemeanors and no jail time?

Welcome to Republican Land: Where the law only applies to minorities and Democrats.

#1 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-08-27 10:42 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 9

Politicians and celebrities are far more likely to get away with lawlessness than the "little people" regardless their political affiliation.

#2 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 10:48 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"#1 - be real. If you think Democrats don't skirt the law, you have a severe case of tunnel vision."

#3 | Posted by danni at 2021-08-27 01:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-27 02:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sc@mbag. Like every other Republicant.

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-08-27 02:09 PM | Reply

Just another rich white republic*nt having no personal liability for his actions.

#6 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-08-27 02:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Dude hasn't even been removed from office."

The A.G. is elected not appointed. I don't know what the process is to remove him but the governor asked him to resign as soon as the story came out.

This wasn't just an accident it was hit and run. He said he thought he hit a deer but returned to the scene the following day.?? That's sketchy as hell.

#7 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-08-27 02:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Meanwhile a DEMOCRATIC governor resigns just for grabbing a little ----.

#8 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-08-27 02:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Dude hasn't even been removed from office.

#9 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-08-27 02:48 PM | Reply

There were pieces of the victim's glasses in his car.

I'm having a hard time believing that he didn't see it was a human he had struck.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-27 02:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 - "As blatantly as this case....you're in your right wing delusional state. I think it is drug induced why don't you take a few days and sober up."

Is calling me a drug user the best you can do? Why don't you refute my post with facts, Danni?

Pathetic.

#11 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 02:54 PM | Reply

He'll lose the civil suit if that's any comfort.

He was likely drunk which is why he kept going.

If he thought he hit a deer...that's because he was drunk. If he knew he hit a person and left....it's because he was drunk.

or he had someone with him he shouldn't have.

Regardless.....this is wrong.

#12 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-27 02:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"Dude hasn't even been removed from office."

#7 | POSTED BY SCOTTE

The answer you are looking for is Impeachment.

Republicans stopped his impeachment WAY back in March.

Republicans asked him to resign but no pressure.

#13 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-08-27 02:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

you're in your right wing delusional state.

That pathetic loser is a Rightwing troll who never posts anything worth reading.

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-08-27 02:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"If he doesn't end up in prison for having killed somebody our justice system has failed."

It definitely failed in Massachusetts when Teddy Kennedy got drunk, drove off a bridge, drowned someone, failed to get help, and didn't report it for 8 hours because he had to take care of himself first and talk to his lawyer.

My post #2 was spot on whether you wish to believe it or not. And rabid partisans of course refuse to believe.

#15 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 02:58 PM | Reply

"There were pieces of the victim's glasses in his car."

And there was an actual body in Ted Kennedy's car yet he got off. Reread my post #2 as many times as it takes to sink in, because it is the truth and it is the way our justice system works.

#16 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 03:00 PM | Reply

South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg,

Must be nice to know all the laws, so you can circumnavigate them.

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-08-27 03:00 PM | Reply

-Republicans stopped his impeachment WAY back in March.

Let's hope the take it up again. Their excuse was to wait until the criminal proceedings concluded.

www.keloland.com

#18 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-27 03:02 PM | Reply

I don't think a drunk would have called a cop to the scene... In fact the fact that he called a cop to the scene at all suggests maybe he didn't even see what he hit.

Nonetheless he killed a person who didn't need killing because he wasn't watching where he was going so this is definitely manslaughter in the third at best.

#19 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-27 03:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And there was an actual body in Ted Kennedy's car yet he got off.

"You're being delusional blah blah blah...!"

-Dannishack

#20 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-27 03:03 PM | Reply

Pedestrian on the highway should bear some culpability in his own death. Highways are not for foot traffic!

If you have to walk on a highway the safest way is to walk on the side of the road heading into oncoming traffic. If you walk backwards, disregard that advice.

#21 | Posted by ASUknowir at 2021-08-27 03:04 PM | Reply

-In fact the fact that he called a cop to the scene at all suggests maybe he didn't even see what he hit.

This isn't some scared kid...this is the Attorney General.....Let's assume he knew what he could get away with.

How come he hasn't been forced to plead guilty to leaving the scene of a fatal hit and run?

Let' see if you or I could do that.......run over someone, leave, then call the police and tell them you aren't sure what you hit. and make it impossible for a breath test to be administered.

#22 | Posted by eberly at 2021-08-27 03:07 PM | Reply

"Teddy Kennedy..."
15 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

Lol at the 52 year old what-about-ism ...

No doubt this AG would still get Jakester's vote.

#23 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2021-08-27 03:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Lol at the 52 year old what-about-ism

So since it happened 52 years ago, my claim that this type of "justice" is enjoyed by both parties is untrue.

Got it.

*rolls eyes*

#24 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 03:13 PM | Reply

I hate to see a person die
Ted Kennedy got someone killed and I hate him for it

This republican AG got someone killed, and I hate Ted Kennedy for it

- - jakeasster pendejo

#25 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-08-27 03:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

"No doubt this AG would still get Jakester's vote."

It depends against whom he was running, of course.

#26 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 03:15 PM | Reply

#23 - "Im convinced, if anybody comits a crime that has ever been mishandled it is now not a problem."

I disagree.

#27 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 03:18 PM | Reply

there was an actual body in Ted Kennedy's car
#16 | POSTED BY JAKESOFF

Thanks for the pertinent information.

The events of July 1969 shine a new light on this hit and run.

All charges can be dropped, case closed!

#28 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-08-27 03:24 PM | Reply

Pedestrian on the highway should bear some culpability in his own death.

Not unless he jumped out in front of the vehicle.

Which makes me wonder why the AG didn't claim that was what happened.

#29 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-08-27 03:28 PM | Reply

"Pedestrian on the highway should bear some culpability in his own death. "

If they are out for a casual stroll, I agree since highways are not designed for pedestrian traffic. But it sounds like he may have been returning to his broken down vehicle. Still, I agree with the poster who said a person walking on a highway should be facing the traffic. I know I certainly would if I was forced to walk on or near a highway.

#30 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 03:32 PM | Reply

I see
Dude had a history of alcoholism, they found in his truck a new 90 day prescription of anti anxiety drugs filled the day prior with only a few doses left, who fled the scene after hitting someone returning to their parked vehicle
Oh, and later called the cops because he "thought" he hit a deer

The evidence is conclusive - - Blame the victim

#31 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-08-27 03:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If the victim had been anywhere other than the shoulder of the road that would have been reported.

He was walking where he was supposed to walk when you have a vehicle breakdown.

#32 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-27 04:41 PM | Reply

#32 - Fully agree.

#33 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-27 04:44 PM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

"No doubt this AG would still get Jakester's vote."
It depends against whom he was running, of course.

#26 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

But there's the difference between you and most of today's Democrats.

Today's Democrats wouldn't have forgiven Ted Kennedy any more than they do Andrew Cuomo.

#34 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2021-08-28 03:47 PM | Reply

"But you'd forgive a guy that obviously committed manslaughter, "depending on who he ran against"."

I would? What the ---- gave you taht idea?

As for Kennedy, I used him as an example that politicians get by with ---- the little people don't. I made that quite plain. Please don't be like the losers here I have killfiled who twist my words into something else.

#35 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-28 04:40 PM | Reply

I would? What the ---- gave you taht idea?

I think that was a quote, from you.

#36 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-08-28 04:46 PM | Reply

"I think that was a quote, from you."

Please cite that quote.

#37 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-28 04:48 PM | Reply

Oh fcs, definitely jakeman, I mean goatster, I mean goatman

#38 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-08-28 04:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"What gave you that idea"

The compulsive blurting out of Kennedy in a fit of whataboutism

It's not like you prefaced your comment with the assertion that this was horrendous, you just went straight to Ted Kennedy.

You are not very smart

#39 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-08-28 04:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"You are not very smart"

Compared to who, oil rig workers?

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-08-28 04:54 PM | Reply

Well, Redial?

An admission you are mistaken is acceptable if you can't provide the quote.

I honestly don't understand the mindset of the people who make up stuff like this. That, along with stupid name calling and trolling is why I utilize the killfiles, even if Brucie thinks I am obligated to put up with it.

#41 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-28 05:05 PM | Reply

An admission you are mistaken is acceptable if you can't provide the quote.

I was referring to your post #26.

#42 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-08-28 05:11 PM | Reply

---- off, goatman.

take your ban.

#43 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-08-28 05:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@42 - and where in post 26 did I say I would forgive anyone?

It's OK for you to say you are wrong.

#44 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-28 05:17 PM | Reply

Brucie? Hey you plonked me mothrrfcccker why bring me into this.

#45 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-08-28 05:20 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY ASUKNOWIR

I'm hitting every pedestrian I see walking along the highway from now. Totally their fault. If they didn't want to be hit they shouldn't have dressed so sexy.

#46 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-08-29 10:12 AM | Reply

#35 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

It wasn't an exact quote of what you said in #26. But I think most people here agree that it was a fair representation.

#47 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2021-08-29 05:38 PM | Reply

I hope he gets hit with a massive wrongful death lawsuit.

#48 | Posted by Tor at 2021-08-29 05:43 PM | Reply

" But I think most people here agree that it was a fair representation."

No, I don't think most people use the word "vote" and "forgive" interchangeably. In fact, I don't think most people see them close to anywhere being the same words. But I'm not impressed with the collective IQ of this place, so you could be right.

#49 | Posted by jakester at 2021-08-29 06:37 PM | Reply