Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Several Fox News hosts on Wednesday praised a Florida restaurant owner's decision to ban supporters of President Joe Biden from eating at her establishment, saying it's "understandable" and that it could "lead to a lot more business for her." With conservative anger towards the Biden administration reaching a fever pitch following the withdrawal from Afghanistan, the owner of Debary Diner posted a sign outside her business telling Biden voters not to enter following the Kabul terror attack. "If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere," reads the sign from owner Angie Ugarte. "God bless America and God bless our soldiers."

Comments

Yes I know the source. I saw it in my feed and it struck a note that has been bugging me. Not that as usual Faux is pro-cancel culture, I mean hypocrites will be hypocrites that's old news.

The bit is Conservatives are acting like they are the only ones that support our troops. They are co-opting that position more and more. I support our troops, I think most center and left folks do. It is not our troops fault where they are put or how they are used. I have several good friends who are active duty, reserves or retired. That includes the person I consider my best friend. I don't want to see any family burying their sons and daughters. There is great frustration with this collapse of the Afghan government and I don't know if there was a way out without it. This was truly an impossible situation proceeded by 19 years of ineffective nation building and supporting corruption. We didn't give the Taliban anything. We didn't leave anything for the Taliban - they took it from the Afghans. And boy do I hate to say it - we have an opportunity with the Taliban now we should not AT THIS TIME squander. Like it or not Trump set the tone and this I truly believe rest squarely on his shoulders for his deal selling out the government. Yes it took Biden longer to pull out. Sure mistakes were made but compared to the proceeding 19 years of mistakes???? It is extremely unfortunate that US Troops were killed and injured during this - as well as scores of Afghans who were in some way connected to the US occupation. It is truly a bitter final pill.

Questioning the military industrial complex however is not "failing to support our troops". It is following the money. President and General Eisenhower warned us of this so long ago. Again - money must be taken out of politics. We need to give the Military more say in what they need. We don't need to keep forcing them to buy things because an influential member of congress represents the district that makes them. We don't need to fight forever wars to line the coffers of the corporations, lobbyists and their ilk.

#1 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-09-01 06:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Meh. What goes around comes around.

#2 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-01 06:18 PM | Reply

Yeah, I remember all those stories of "progressive" restaurants banning Donnie Fail supporters. It was all over the news. Somewhere. Maybe it was completely fabricated.

#3 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-01 07:44 PM | Reply

Comments on FB range wildly based on politics. This was funny, though "My ivermectin pancake was brought out cold. They charged extra for refills on my bleach drink. The place was just overrun with magats...."

Unsurprisingly they're short staffed.
Not because of a rush of business but because they had two employees just test positive for COVID.

Wrap yourself in the Flag, Salute, and since you're in Volusia County, really roll out that fake patriotic con. They eat that up there.

#4 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-01 08:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

fox news is a poison.

#5 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-01 09:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

1) I'm not at all sure Afghanistan is a political liability for Biden.

2) We all know that people like this enjoy being very, very angry. Next week it will be something else. Like Biden is the one spreading COVID, which I'm hearing in my part of Texas.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-02 08:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Could I get two eggs over easy, non-Jewish Rye toast bacon with an extra helping of white rage?
You don't want me spending money in your restaurant bitch? You got it.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-02 08:53 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

-We all know that people like this enjoy being very, very angry. Next week it will be something else.

Easy there. Don't start sounding like me

#8 | Posted by eberly at 2021-09-02 08:53 AM | Reply

Easy there. Don't start sounding like me

#8 | POSTED BY EBERLY

I could do much worse.

#9 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-02 08:56 AM | Reply

"Don't start sounding like me"

God-for-effin-bid. (There's a smiley emoji in there somewhere, Eberly.)

#10 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-09-02 08:56 AM | Reply

"Living in anger saves you the time and pain of developing a fuller range of emotional responses.

Pity these poor people and their families. Life is a screaming match or waiting for the next one."

OMG!!!! Someone else can see this and say this besides me.

#11 | Posted by eberly at 2021-09-02 09:00 AM | Reply

Well, at least they are warned at the door and not asked to leave after they are seated as was Sharon Huckabee.

Anyway, how would the restaurant staff know if someone was a Biden supporter? It's not like it's tattooed on our foreheads -- not not most of us.

#12 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-02 09:24 AM | Reply

Anyway, how would the restaurant staff know if someone was a Biden supporter?

#12 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

They won't sit down to dinner armed.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-02 09:28 AM | Reply

A sign should be put in front of her restaurant: "Beware: COVID Spreader Event Inside!"

#14 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-02 09:33 AM | Reply

Just as acceptable as companies canceling the my Pillow guy by stopping carrying his products which many here applauded.

#15 | Posted by MSgt at 2021-09-02 02:08 PM | Reply

"Just as acceptable "

So does that mean you think boycotting Mr. Conspiracy was good, or barring Biden supporters is bad?

#16 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-09-02 02:13 PM | Reply

Not surprisingly she's a fat, dead eyed white hag.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2021-09-02 02:39 PM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY MSGT

He's being sued for a billion dollars for being a fat liar, moron.

#18 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-04 11:38 AM | Reply