Saturday, September 04, 2021

When an Arizona school employee called a parent on Thursday to share that his son had come in close contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus, the dad was told his son must stay at home for at least a week.

Comments

More from the article...

...Moments after receiving the news, the dad took to his social media to protest the school's quarantine policy, Carruth said. One of the two men who later accompanied the dad to the school posted on Instagram about the situation.

"Apparently Mesquite Elementary thinks they can break the law and act like the covid Gestapo," the man wrote, referencing Nazi Germany's secret police. "We will be headed over there shortly to disagree. Come join us because we won't have this in OUR community!"

Later that morning, the father and his son arrived at the school. The other two men met them in the school's parking lot, Carruth said.

In a live video posted to Instagram, one of the two men who joined the dad told his followers that they were about to "confront this administration" for "breaking the law."...

Perhaps they did not realize that they might actually being the ones breaking the law?

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-03 04:34 PM | Reply

Paywall. What did the dad do with the zip ties?

#2 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-03 04:36 PM | Reply

Total stab:
The dad is white.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-03 04:40 PM | Reply

Paywall. What did the dad do with the zip ties?

{sigh} I guess it's just too tough a concept for some to grasp, even with images from January 6th still everywhere. What's great is "Jakester" has me plonked, so I can let everyone else know without him finding out!

"If necessary, we'll do a citizen's arrest," the man said before showing off the "law enforcement zip ties" they brought.

I wouldn't have been able to figure that out without reading... /s

#4 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-03 04:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Here's another view...

Father of Vail student arrested after refusing to leave school over quarantine objection
tucson.com

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-03 04:45 PM | Reply

Thanks, Lamplighter.

#6 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-03 04:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Total Idiots.
Confusing quarantine and health regulations with "freedumb!"
Confusing "no mask" with "my child will be in school no matter what!"
Not if that child is COVID positive or has direct contact with someone that has COVID he won't!
And two other men joined him in this 'quest' and neither have kids?
This level of stupid is heard to handle.

#7 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-03 04:58 PM | Reply

From his name and actions, it sounds like he was trying to pull a Gandhi and do the passive resistance thing. Like Gandhi, he got arrested. But unlike Gandhi, he will probably lose his fight.

#8 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-03 05:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Does anyone have a clue what "Jakester" is even talking about?

#9 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-03 05:07 PM | Reply

I missed it when Gandhi brought handcuffs and "citizen arrested" someone. Anyone? Did I miss that part of history?

#10 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-03 05:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#9 He's fighting the good fight on behalf of oppressed white guys who can't follow the rules and have the right to spread disease as far abd wide they please.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-03 05:20 PM | Reply

Oh. Thanks, Snoofy. I was confused.

I was thinking the criminal that's went to the school, brought muscle with him, and threatened to "citizen arrest" the principle and was arrested is just like Ghandi because has a name that sounds like he's from India. Ghandi's from India. Ergo Rambaran is just like Ghandi. They're all the same you know. Zip ties were brought so he could self-arrest himself in protest. The police and everyone else got it all wrong. Makes perfect sense.

#12 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-03 05:23 PM | Reply

Yup. Nailed it. Zip tying yourself ensures passive resistance.

'Round my parts the Gravy Seals are on hunger strike until we can all mouthbreathe as God intended.

ha. no, wednesday is wing night.

#13 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2021-09-03 05:26 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY YAV AT 2021-09-03 05:09 PM | REPLY

You need to watch the weird all movie UHF for "Gandhi two" Or maybe youtube it.

#14 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-03 05:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

www.youtube.com

#15 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-03 05:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#15 - Ah! Thanks, Alexandrite! THAT Ghandi!
LOL!

#16 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-03 05:36 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

You've achieved a new level of stupid with that comment. Congratulations.

#17 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-09-03 10:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#17 :

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Eleanor Roosevelt.

Congratulations.

#18 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-03 10:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#17 - Indeed. Followed by his canned idiotic defensive response.
His comment in #8 doesn't deserve anything but ridicule.

#19 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-03 10:44 PM | Reply

Smallest minds spew quotes from other people.

-JPW

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2021-09-04 01:00 AM | Reply

I don't quote other people.

I quote myself. Therefore I must have a huge mind.

#21 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-09-04 01:02 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

Hey Jake, not even BILLJOHNSON would say something that dumb. And he's BIll F*****g JOHNSON.

Did you catch COVID and get retarded?

#22 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-09-04 01:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#22 I have no idea what you are talking about. Try again and ask as an adult would.

#23 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-04 01:09 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

OH shut up. Those crap tactics as as tired and old as your lungs, COPD-boy.

#24 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-04 01:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

STFU Goatman. Still demanding questions be worded in different way cause you are to stupid to straight up answer I see.

That's total Goat, Goat. You are a one trick pony, fake Lib, fake sock-puppet for highly disgraced and disliked Life Banned D-bag.

Go back to 4Kuks.

Effyou. Nobody wants you back.

How many toes you got left?

#25 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2021-09-04 02:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Effyou. Nobody wants you back.

Nonody wants this part of him back.

The part where he shared anecdotes was fine; lots of people liked that.

This one reads like an AI trained by of his Abusive flagged posts.

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-04 02:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

LOL

Jake is stealing the trolling stage from snoofy and nobody can stand it.

Jakester is snoofys stunt double.

Fools everyone.

#27 | Posted by eberly at 2021-09-04 02:33 PM | Reply

If the dopes are lucky the principle won't press attempted kidnapping charges.

#28 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-04 02:39 PM | Reply

If the dopes are lucky the principle won't press attempted kidnapping charges.

#29 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-04 02:39 PM | Reply

#27 - in fairness, I don't see any of my posts as trolling. I believe a lot of people here think if you disagree with them, you are trolling them. That isn't the case in a forum such as this, is it? Isn't discussion, which often encompasses differences in opinions, encouraged?

I see trolling as what speaksoftly and a few others do: Say something so outrageously stupid ("hardly anyone is interested in Disneyland or Kennedy space Center" a recent example from speaksoftly) they hope to elicit a response.

Or you have the snoofy troll of which he has two flavors: Twist what someone says and/or put words into their mouth and demand a response based on that, or asking endless and pointless questions over and over.

I went to look at all posts just now. I see snoofy with at least a dozen trolls aimed at me, and that's just since this morning! Yav seems to be having a meltdown over my presence. There are several others who keep bringing me up with their stupid name calling and other poster speculation. Hell, a couple of posters are asking about my toes. How weird is that? Another speculated I have COPD. And Danforth mentioned my white privilege. How does he know I'm white? All trolls, of course. I had no idea I was this deeply entrenched in so many minds here.

I guess if I'm guilty of trolling, it would be called passive trolling. In other words, not responding to trolls or taking their bait. But I'm going to continue to ignore them and let them continue to whip themselves into a frenzy and keep talking about me all they want. I don't have to see it.

#30 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-04 02:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Jake is stealing the trolling stage from snoofy and nobody can stand it. Jakester is snoofys stunt double."

It seems you despise one, yet defend the other.

#31 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-09-04 02:57 PM | Reply

Trolling is following posters from thread to thread making the posts personal and not the subject matter

Snoofystupid are nothing but that.

True trolls.

The left here don't care for them but they leave them alone so it's tolerated.

1 day.

#32 | Posted by eberly at 2021-09-04 03:00 PM | Reply

-It seems you despise one, yet defend the other.

See how that works?

I can be a hypocrite just like the rest of you.

Pretend I don't see it then whine about it with another.

Without realizing it, danforth just slapped all of you.

#33 | Posted by eberly at 2021-09-04 03:02 PM | Reply

"I see snoofy with at least a dozen trolls aimed at me, and that's just since this morning!"

LMFAO

What have I said that is "so outrageously stupid?" Where did I "twist what someone says" "or put words into their mouth?" And especially show me where I went on to "demand a response based on that."

#34 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-04 03:03 PM | Reply

"If any of them had to put up with the ---- I have to for just 1 day ... .:they'd demand their removal."

Always the victim, that's our Eberly!

#35 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-04 03:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't quote other people.
I quote myself. Therefore I must have a huge mind.

#21 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Don't worry, bellrung.

Most people suffer from a chronic loss of original thoughts.

#36 | Posted by jpw at 2021-09-04 03:15 PM | Reply

#34 - thank you for proving my point, snoofy.

"What have I said that is "so outrageously stupid?" "

I never made that claim. If you want to include yourself in "and others", that's on you, not me. I didn't name you in that paragraph. You are putting words into my mouth and demanding an answer to a question based on that false premise.

Again, thank you for proving my point.

I'm through with this talk of you trolls. You guys troll away if you feel you must. I'm through talking about it.

#37 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-04 03:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Well there ya go. Case closed, game over. Move along, nothing to see here.

Bwahahahaha!

#38 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-04 03:31 PM | Reply

Why does ebely following snoofy from thread to thread smelling his butt?

And why does he converse and coddle with jakester when it's obvious jakester is just blurting out nonsense?

Is it just weird, or deliberate?

#39 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-09-04 04:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So the guy has to bring along 2 friends with zip ties to confront one female principal....tells you all you need to know about these punks.

#40 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-05 11:02 AM | Reply

"Danforth mentioned my white privilege. How does he know I'm white?"

Everyone knows you're white, Goatman.

And the "privilege" part is where you don't have to worry about the law affecting you, so you avoid any mention of its effects on the victims.

#41 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-09-05 12:01 PM | Reply

"Everyone knows you're white, Goatman."

OK, so Goatman is white. That wasn't the question, however.

And I say again, Goatman sure lives in a lot of heads here. How long has it been since he stopped posting here?

#42 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 12:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

17 minutes

#43 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-09-05 12:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Welcome the new thread killer!

#44 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2021-09-05 01:01 PM | Reply

Whats with vanilla isis and their obsession with zip ties?

#45 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-05 01:58 PM | Reply

Passing Vail on the Sunset Limited, it looks so peaceful. The Amtrak stretch between Vail and the J6/Marsh Road/Empirita area is wonderful and isolated from human encroachment in many places.
When I lived and worked in Tucson years ago, a nice motorcycle ride through Vail and Marsh Road was very nice on the FJR.

The guy with zip ties is what we have an abundance of in Arizona. Older guys latching on to vigilantism and is indicative of parts of society that are unaware
of how the legal system works, how law enforcement works and how education works.
When "leaders" figured out how to "reward" those who don't ask questions things got a little bent.

#46 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-06 10:40 AM | Reply

#46 They cling to their Zip Ties, and their Tapout shirts...

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-06 10:42 AM | Reply

Is this zip tie doofus related to Borat? This really does sound like the scene with Pamela Anderson.

#48 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-06 11:55 AM | Reply