Saturday, September 04, 2021

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and his husband, Chasten, announced on Saturday the arrival of their son and daughter.

Comments

How can be balance a child and a career? ;)

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-04 02:00 PM | Reply

Mazel tov, knock yourselves out, and let the rollercoaster rip ... may you and the kids embrace the experience.

#2 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-09-04 03:14 PM | Reply

I wonder if one of them is breast feeding.

And no, that's not a put-down. (sad I have to say that, but the trolls here would latch on to that...) Men can lactate if given the right hormones. If so, I hope it's the one with the least hairy -------

www.scientificamerican.com

#3 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-04 05:32 PM | Reply

Barf out. Gag me with a spoon.
Thorazine crazed daddies in the next Zombieland movie.

#4 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-04 08:46 PM | Reply

"Barf out. Gag me with a spoon."

I'd rather gag you with a shovel you sick piece of filth.

Millions of kids without parents but two responsible adults voluntarily take on parenthood and you think your ignorant opinion needs to be expressed here? Just get it over with, go join the Taliban. You would fit right in with them.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-05 11:04 AM | Reply

A bit of a headline fail since they adopted. And the fact that they managed to adopt twin newborns in less than a year tells me they were definitely getting VIP treatment.

#6 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-05 11:13 AM | Reply

It's not who you know.........

#7 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-09-05 11:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#5 - I'm pretty sure he was referring to the joke and subsequent mental image of a baby nursing on a hairy breast, Danni. Calm down.

#8 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 12:16 PM | Reply

@#6 ... they were definitely getting VIP treatment. ...

Not necessarily.

The could have had an arrangement with the twins' mother ahead of time, and not have gone through an adoption agency process.

I know people who went through a similar short adoption process.

#9 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-05 02:34 PM | Reply

#6 - I don't understand how it's a headline fail.

#10 | Posted by dylanfan at 2021-09-05 07:40 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY SCOTTE

Let's say you're right, they're getting the VIP treatment.
Would you say that it makes you feel like a Second Class Citizen?
That came up recently...

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-05 07:46 PM | Reply

Which one is the Mom?

#12 | Posted by fortfisher at 2021-09-05 09:42 PM | Reply

#12 - the one who can change a ------ diaper without passing out.

#13 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 09:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Tell me you're a homophobic douche canoe without telling me you're a homophobic douche canoe.

#14 | Posted by dylanfan at 2021-09-05 09:57 PM | Reply

Lol jake. One of my granddaughters was gifted with CF. My wife and I were her gaurdians when she was little. You can't imagine the smell. To this day (15 now) you know if she's taking her enzymes or not.

#15 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-09-05 10:03 PM | Reply

So theyre butt-igieg babies?

#16 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-05 10:04 PM | Reply

#15 - I get it. I didn't pass out, but the first time I changed a ----- diaper I literally threw up. My wife said to quit being such a ----- -- as if I had any control over my gag reflexes.

#17 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 11:05 PM | Reply

I had five little brothers and sisters, been changing diapers all my life.

#18 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-09-05 11:13 PM | Reply

#15 - this was exactly what happened to me the first time, and actually a few more times after that. Once my wife went out and I stayed at home with the baby. She pooped. I had to call my sister over to change the diaper. At first she refused. So I laid a guilt trip on her. I told her I would tell wife that she (sister) let the baby wallow in her own poop. She came over and did it, but she was so pissed at me.

www.youtube.com

#19 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 11:14 PM | Reply

Oh yes, then my sister told my wife and my wife got pissed at me, too.

#20 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 11:15 PM | Reply

I know people who went through a similar short adoption process.
#9 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER AT 2021-09-05 02:34 PM | REPLY |

From the article:

The couple had been trying to adopt for a year, the Washington Post reported in July.
"It's a really weird cycle of anger and frustration and hope," Buttigieg told the Post. "You think it's finally happening and you get so excited, and then it's gone."

That's what led me to believe it wasn't something prearranged but who knows they're not giving many details.

#21 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-06 09:12 AM | Reply

Would you say that it makes you feel like a Second Class Citizen?
That came up recently...

#11 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-09-05 07:46 PM | REPLY |

Nope. Should I?

#22 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-06 09:16 AM | Reply

- I don't understand how it's a headline fail.

#10 | POSTED BY DYLANFAN AT 2021-09-05 07:40 PM | REPLY |

It's not their twins. It's someone else's twins that they adopted.
I don't like Pete. I think he's a phony who's in it for himself and every move is calculated to advance his career.
I hope I'm wrong and these kids aren't just props.

#23 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-06 09:22 AM | Reply

I thought that was your point. Thanks for explaining.

If the adoptive parent were not someone you disliked, would you feel the same way? I think most adoptive parents consider the child "theirs," even from birth. I get your point that the twins aren't theirs biologically, but I'd argue they're still "their" kids and that the language of the headline was accurate.

#24 | Posted by dylanfan at 2021-09-06 09:47 AM | Reply

Most adoptive parents aren't adopting a newborn so they wouldn't be announcing the birth but rather an addition to the family.
They could have found a surrogate and one of them fathered the children but they didn't so why spin it by announcing the birth of their twins.

#25 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-06 10:13 AM | Reply

#25 - I also wondered why they didn't find a surrogate and one of them be the biological father. But there are already too many people in the world. I think adoption is less selfish, so good on them.

#26 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-06 10:23 AM | Reply

Most adoptions, yes, but not all adoptions, and not this one.

#27 | Posted by dylanfan at 2021-09-06 01:09 PM | Reply