Sunday, September 05, 2021

Texas schools have amassed more than 50,000 confirmed coronavirus cases in students in just a couple of weeks. More than a dozen school districts have closed temporarily as a result of the disease, and Texas is a leader in child deaths from COVID-19 with 59 as of Sept. 3. But state leaders have spent weeks of the surge pushing through controversial bills around abortion, voting restrictions and bail reform while Gov. Abbott has been fighting local governments over their efforts to stem the spread of the disease. Hospitals across the state are running low on pediatric intensive care unit beds. Texas' Department of State Health Services says only 81 of them remain " and just a couple hundred more regular ICU beds are available in the state of 29 million people.

Comments

Nice. Abbot for President. (Sarcasm Off)

On another note, Florida has over 46k COVID deaths and counting.

#1 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-09-05 01:37 PM | Reply

SO MUCH WINNING! OH, AND WE'RE SOOOOO "PRO-LIFE"

-Texas dbags

#2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-05 01:45 PM | Reply

now this is progress

-mao content

#3 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-05 02:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They had no idea that AOCs Green New Deal included getting ignorant GQPers to off themselves. AOC plays 5D chess.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2021-09-05 03:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Is Governor Hot Wheels doing victory laps around the mobile morgues?

#5 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2021-09-05 07:29 PM | Reply

That's the bad news.
The good news is you can really stack the small bodies up in those refrigerated morgue trailers.
Abbott should take a long ride off a short pier.
Abortion bad.
Killing them after they're born?
It's the price of freedom.
(don't ask me to reconcile those two conflicting ideas.)

#6 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-05 07:54 PM | Reply

We're number one!

#7 | Posted by fresno500 at 2021-09-05 08:58 PM | Reply

This is excellent news, but those are rookie numbers.

Come on Texas, you know you can get those numbers up!

#8 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-09-05 09:26 PM | Reply

"Inconducive!" - Mademoiselle

#9 | Posted by Corky at 2021-09-05 09:36 PM | Reply

"Texas Leads in Child Deaths from Covid-19"

Not surprising in a state run by Nazis. Pretend I'm just posting hyperbole but it isn't, it's real truth but the fight just can't accept truth. Truth is an umacceptable version of events.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-05 10:34 PM | Reply

Nazis *drink*

#11 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 10:38 PM | Reply

Nazis drink?

Like "What do Nazis drink?"

I can't imagine it being a very good joke.

#12 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-05 10:51 PM | Reply

"TLike "What do Nazis drink??"

I don't know Jakester, what do y'all drink? Schnapps?

#13 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-05 11:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

haha!
Turns out it is a good joke!

#14 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-05 11:20 PM | Reply

"pro-life"

#15 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-09-06 03:32 AM | Reply

I notice on the list of posts that Bellringer is quite busy. I think I have that crazy fool plonked but I am wondering who he actually is? He is a long time poster, I'm pretty sure but I just don't know who he "was" in a previous screen name. Any guesses?

#16 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-06 04:01 AM | Reply

Texas: Alabama and Mississippi writ large.

#17 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-09-06 05:54 AM | Reply

These numbers will only increase as the school year kicks off and schools remain in session without masking or social distancing rules. As a parent it's terrifying to have to send your unvaxxed (too young) kids to school when everyone around you thinks COVID was sooo 2020, including the school district.

#18 | Posted by bartimus at 2021-09-06 08:37 AM | Reply

Yeah.... the ol' "sanctity of life" crowd strikes again.

#19 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-09-06 10:38 AM | Reply

I would like to post the nastiest attack on white Christian anti-abortion activists that I could compose and I'd like to be able to do it every single day. Unfortunately, I'm not that clever, I'm not that nasty, but I sure do wish Iwas clever and nasty. If I were I would compose posts that make them look at themselves and realize how evil they really are. I will keep trying though.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-07 10:04 AM | Reply