Sunday, September 05, 2021

A local criminal investigation into then-President Donald Trump's attempt to meddle with Georgia's 2020 election recount is inching forward, as Fulton County investigators have interviewed elections officials and received documents from the agency, according to three people with direct knowledge of the probe.

Comments

Trump sounded like he wanted votes 'found' and didn't care how, but I didn't hear anything that 12 jurors would convict on. It will be interesting to see what the investigators uncover.

Trump learned how to be a mobster and hint that he wanted his flunkies to crime for him.

I think the 1/6 payoffs and call logs are more likely to lead to a criminal conspiracy conviction.

#1 | Posted by bored at 2021-09-05 06:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Trump was clearly trying to influence them abd asking them to break the law. Regardless of whether or not that's a crime, it will certainly be an uphill battle for a county DA vs. the US DOJ.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-05 07:02 PM | Reply

#2 Clear to you and me, but not to all of 12 peers.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2021-09-05 07:25 PM | Reply

Anyone remember when Gore was trying to find votes in Florida?

#4 | Posted by jdmeth at 2021-09-05 08:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Anyone remember when Gore was trying to find votes in Florida?

#4 | Posted by jdmeth

Link?

Got a source?

Other than your butt.

#5 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-09-05 09:24 PM | Reply

#4 - I remember. I did not have a problem with it until he demanded recounts in only three or four counties, and not all, or any that he won. I began to question his motives then.

That said, that's a bit different than what Trump did in Arizona. He went to the state officials and not through the courts. That wasn't right.

#6 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 09:38 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by jakester

Excellent, I'm glad you remember.

I have CRS, so sometimes...

Still, link?

#7 | Posted by billy_boy at 2021-09-05 10:31 PM | Reply

No. I don't care if you remember or not.

Do you remember how to google? If you don't want to, you don't care and just want me to jump through your hoops. I'm not your pet dog.

#8 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-05 10:42 PM | Reply

#4 Obviously Methhead you don't remember ANYTHING, lay the pipe down and get some help before you rot your teeth. Gore was asking for RECOUNTS, not leaning on local elections officials to "find" or manufacture votes to help him win. GA had already been recounted and audited, and the count was correct, President Biden won the state. So Dotard wasn't asking for ANOTHER recount, that would not have helped him "win" GA, no he was asking the GA officials to break the law.

Also Jakester, it is not uncommon for candidates to ask for recounts of specific precincts or countoes as opposed to the whole state. Every major candidate has precinct by precinct forecasts for expected turnout. If you as a Dem candidate think there was an undercount in certain Dem precincts, you will request recounts in those precincts. If your opponent wants the GOP precincts recounted, he can pay for that. Ultimately the AP determined that if the entire state had been accounted, Gore would have won FL, but of course the Reichwing SCOTUS stepped in and a shocking demonstration of judicial activism gave the presidency to the second dumbest man to ever hold the office.

#9 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-09-06 02:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I can't really can't disagree with your first paragraph.

The second is a mishmash of male bovine fecal matter.

There was a violation of the Equal Protection clause in the way the ballots were recounted. That was unanimous, iirc. The split was over what to do about it. The federal statute prevailed.

The short version. www.oyez.org

The long version. casetext.com>

#10 | Posted by et_al at 2021-09-06 04:12 AM | Reply

Anyone remember when Gore was trying to find votes in Florida?

#4 | Posted by jdmeth at 2021-09-05 08:53 PM | Reply | Flag

Ya got a link to a recording of Gore pressuring the election officials to "just find 18,000 votes"?

Ya know you don't.

#11 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-09-06 08:18 AM | Reply

Gunslinger it is very sad that you have to reeducate these idiots about the 2000 election fiasco but thank you for taking the time to do so.

The SC found that if they allowed the recount to continue George W. Bush would lose the election so they stopped it, anyone trying to say different is simply a liar. Republicans at the Dade County Supervisor of Elections office kicking in the door, pounding on the windows, etc. is a perfect example. That violence was ignored and none of those people were arrested because the fix was in starting with the Gov., Jeb Bush and the Sec. of state Katherine Harris.
Al Gore won Florida in 2000 but the crooked Republicans stole the election from him and most Floridians actually knew it at the time. I know I did.
That Jakester even brings it up is just another demonstration of dishonesty on his part, he knows it too.
For myself, I will never allow anyone to claim different in my presence because I am telling the truth about an election stolen in this country and what then happened? Oh we got two unnecessary wars with tax cuts for millionaires and G.W. Bush paint pictures in Dallas instead of Leavenworth where he really belongs.
He has so much blood on his hands, both American and Iraqi, that I wouldn't spit on him if he were on fire.
Basically, Republicans, a/k/a Nazis still can't deal with the truth about him, I doubt they ever will be because, if they ever did, they would have to admit they were complicit in his crimes against humanity.
BTW Nazis, how did those two unnecessary wars turn out? Huh? Y'all honestly are despicable.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-06 11:44 AM | Reply

Anyone here remember watching the movie "Recount," which I have linked from IMDB here?

www.imdb.com

#13 | Posted by Judity at 2021-09-06 11:59 AM | Reply

But how do you really feel Danni?!?

They aren't gonna listen or learn.

That's really the sad aspect.

Republicans are just like hookers - they won't accept change.

#14 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2021-09-07 01:31 AM | Reply