Thursday, September 09, 2021

A decision by Mexico's Supreme Court this week may prompt women in Texas to cross the border into Mexico to terminate their pregnancies.

Comments

Yeah, but it ain't easier to get the COVID. Yee-haw!

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-09 01:46 PM | Reply

POSTED BY LEE_THE_AGENT AT 01:30 PM

"May"?

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-09 01:53 PM | Reply

The next step in this Republican jihad is to prosecute women who leave the state to secure an abortion.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-09 01:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Lots of young white girls will soon enough find themselves in Juarez, Monterrey or Mexico City on day trips. Memo to Wheels Abbott and his clan of reactionaries: you cannot regulate morality. Texas Repubs also have children that cannot keep their knees together, and the parents certainly don't want to explain why little Susie is putting on weight and not hanging out at the pool or back on campus...

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2021-09-09 01:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Suzie Creamcheese:
www.youtube.com

#5 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-09 05:34 PM | Reply

If you are in Texas, it's probably a relief to know that you just need to go next door to get a legal abortion.

#6 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-09-09 05:57 PM | Reply

#6 - "Next door" is usually another state. Only about 10% of Texas live near the Mexican border. And those 10% are almost exclusively Hispanic, a demographic that isn't likely to get abortions. People in the panhandle aren't likely to travel 600 miles to "next door" Mexico to get an abortion.

#7 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 06:36 PM | Reply

*sarcasm* - something that seems to always go over Jakester's head.

#8 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-09-09 06:47 PM | Reply

#8 - I've noticed a lot of my sarcasm goes over a lot of people's heads -- even to they point some verge on a meltdown.

Let's call it even, OK?

#9 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 06:59 PM | Reply

Let's call it even, OK?

#9 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

Difference is you are just a dishonest troll hiding behind a new user name after having a snit and leaving the site last year. You can change your handle, but your sh** smells just the same as it always has.

#10 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-09-09 07:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Difference is you are just a dishonest troll "

Moder8

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. "

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'll be glad to discuss whatever ideas of mine you wish. I try to avoid small minded stuff.

#11 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 07:04 PM | Reply

Eleanor Roosevelt never dealt with an internet troll. Enough. The fact that I respond to any of Goatman's posts is a poor reflection on me.

#12 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-09-09 07:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#13 - you do not speak for Mrs. Roosevelt, moder8.

" The fact that I respond to any of Goatman's posts is a poor reflection on me."

I see he lives rent free in a lot of heads here. You are not alone.

#13 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 07:18 PM | Reply

lives rent free

Can the rest of us have a thread you don't touch yourself in?

#14 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-09 07:45 PM | Reply

"Can the rest of us have a thread you don't touch yourself in?"

Lead by example.

I'll make a deal with you and your friends who are obsessed with me.. I will never talk about myself if no one here ever talks about me. Obviously there are FAR more posts of people talking about me, than me talking about myself.

Does that sound fair, alexandrite? If so, I'm game.

Shake?

#15 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 07:52 PM | Reply

obsessed with me

PLEASE...----...OFF

#16 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-09 07:52 PM | Reply

I take that as a "no".

I didn't think you'd agree to my proposal, troll, even though it was perfectly equitable.

#17 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 07:54 PM | Reply

Here's my proposal:

Get some new material or gtfo.

#18 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-09 08:04 PM | Reply

Black 1,445 1,197 1,628 1,468
Native American 11 10 11 6
Other 42 33 34 48
Not Stated 56 14 37 35
Total 4,984 3,967 5,404 5,023

www.hhs.texas.gov
Downloads are in Excel format.
Facts.

#19 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-09 08:04 PM | Reply

"Get some new material or gtfo."

I'll get new material if you will, alexandrite.

Deal?

(again, probably not. It is not a deal slanted to her side. It is an equitable one)

#20 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 08:08 PM | Reply

#19 - and if you don't get new materail, you have to GTFO as you expect me to.

Deal?

#21 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 08:09 PM | Reply

Another fact:
It is easier to get an abortion in Mexico than in Texas.

Another fact (and this one made me howl with laughter at how amazingly stupid it is Abbotts an idiot:

Biden's vaccine mandate is an assault on private businesses.

I issued an Executive Order protecting Texans' right to choose whether they get the COVID vaccine & added it to the special session agenda.

Texas is already working to halt this power grab.

Seriously. He actually tweeted that. Right after signing away the rights of women in the state of Texas.
twitter.com

#22 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-09 08:09 PM | Reply

Alexandrite - always good to see you posting!

#23 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-09 08:12 PM | Reply

Ignorant elected Republicans wasting everyone's tax dollars trying to fight settled law. In a word: Idiotic.

Legally speaking, the Supreme Court resolved the issue of mandatory vaccinations in 1905, ruling 7-2 in Jacobson v. Massachusetts that they were constitutional.

The Constitution "does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint," Justice John Marshall Harlan, known for defending civil liberties, wrote. "Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."

www.nytimes.com

Don't know if Texas has a recall law, but now would be the time to put it into use - or place such an option on the ballot and let people vote for it.

#24 | Posted by tonyroma at 2021-09-09 08:19 PM | Reply

Don't know if Texas has a recall law

Nope.

#25 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-09-09 08:21 PM | Reply

her side

I have a penis. I am a he, goatman.

#26 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-09 08:23 PM | Reply

#26 - Sorry. Your handle sounds feminine. In fact, another poster claimed I'm goatman (as you are) when I used a feminine pronoun for you. He claimed I had to be goatman because how else could I know you were female.

I forgot who that poster was, but it was just a week or so ago. So obviously I'm not the only one who posts here who thinks you're female.

#27 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 08:31 PM | Reply

goatman-

we've had this discussion before, you continue to lie.

FO

#28 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-09 08:33 PM | Reply

Sorry. Your handle sounds feminine.

Try google.
It's an awesome gemstone.
Maybe next time you won't sound sexist and ignorant.

#29 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-09 08:33 PM | Reply

#28 - you may have had it with goatman, but never with me.

How did goatman become so entrenched in your head? Serious, non-trolling question, alexandrite.

#30 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-09 08:35 PM | Reply

Serious non trolling question.

Get real .

#31 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-09-09 08:43 PM | Reply

Forget it, Jakester. It's Chinatown.

#32 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-09 09:09 PM | Reply

When I was a kid Mexico was a go-to destination for abortion services... and so was Japan.

Of course, you had to have your husband's permission to get access to most birth control.

Glad all that changed when I came of age. Men are stupid on such matters.

#33 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-09-10 07:00 AM | Reply