Saturday, September 11, 2021

Ninety-four percent of U.S. adults now approve of marriages between Black people and White people, up from 87% in the prior reading from 2013. The current figure marks a new high in Gallup's trend, which spans more than six decades. Just 4% approved when Gallup first asked the question in 1958.

Comments

I was amused when a friend told me how it was a big deal when his New Yorker parents first started dating. His father was Italian and his mother was Irish.

Apparently this sort of race-mixing was frowned upon in their communities, with the Irish and the Italians living on separate blocks in the same neighborhood.

#1 | Posted by censored at 2021-09-11 10:08 AM | Reply

There is only one race. The human race.

#2 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-09-11 10:27 AM | Reply

Well this is a positive.

#3 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-11 11:05 AM | Reply

Back in the mid 1960s, I was living in South Boston. A neighbor warned me never to bring my current boyfriend for a visit. The area where I lived was mostly Irish, and the boy I dated was Italian. Sounds silly now, doesn't it?

#4 | Posted by Judity at 2021-09-11 11:05 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 - what about the 100 yard dash?

#5 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-11 11:57 AM | Reply

"There is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab, or of a non-Arab over an Arab, and no superiority of a white person over a black person or of a black person over a white person, except on the basis of personal piety and righteousness."

-Muhammad (1300 years ago)

#6 | Posted by expectingreign at 2021-09-11 12:42 PM | Reply

The proggies win again.

#7 | Posted by bored at 2021-09-11 01:22 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Back in the fifties I had the hots for a Swedish babe but her father prohibited "any -----" from their presence.
Then stationed at Ft Sam, I met and married the most beautiful Mexican hottie evar.
That was 63 years ago.
So that miserable hate monger snork did me a huge favor.

#8 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-09-11 02:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

90% of my family is interracial marriages.

I've never, ever considered there being something wrong or odd with people choosing to marry someone else.

It's mind boggling the asinine, nonsensical constraints regressive conservatives have placed on humanity.

Can't be who you are, love who you want, enjoy your life. Because it pisses of conservatives.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-09-11 02:58 PM | Reply

Our oldest son married a gal who's Korean on her mother's side. Her father was German-American. They have four girls and now the oldest is married to a guy from Central America who's family traces back to Spain but with a bloodline into Eastern (Jewish) Europe as well. And our second son is married to a gal from Mexico and they have a seven-year old daughter. So while both my wife and I are solid European (my ancestry is Flemish and German, and my wife's is Welsh and Polish) our kids are working real hard at freshening up the family gene pool.

OCU

#10 | Posted by OCUser at 2021-09-11 05:06 PM | Reply

That's what the white nationalists
utterly fail to understand. Their are
no 'pure' bloodlines or herutages anymore in
America... Me 50% German, 25% Irish, a little
French in there somewhere... My son,
half all of those %'s and throw in some Portugese from his mother... We are all rapidly becoming Mutts...

Only in places like Japan, China, the Koreas, do you still find largely pure blooded lineages to some degree...

#11 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-09-11 11:22 PM | Reply

How about Poland, the Czech republic and Moldova? All have largely pure racial lineages.

#12 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-09-12 12:48 AM | Reply

That's weird. Gallop asked "Do you think racial relations are positive" for 30 years. It was 75% white and black all that time. It dropped to 25% in only five years when the woke thing started and the Frankfurt and Kinsignton stuff started to hit hard. "No Pedo Hate!", right? This can't be right. How can you destroy civilization if people agree on things? Okay, straight up, inter-racial is the next target group. But what tactic will the far left use? It's White Privilege, like in the source document? projecthumanities.asu.edu

#13 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-09-12 01:03 AM | Reply

Also, then why do people hate Trump? He dated a black woman for over a year. Everyone who knows him says he's not a racist. But that's all we heard for 4 god damn years. Because the Covington News Network told stupid gullible people that and I had to listen to it. And no I am not gruntled about that.

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-09-12 01:12 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"pure racial lineages"
What does that even mean?

#15 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-09-12 07:05 AM | Reply

Wait ... what? I thought all conservatives were racists?

#16 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-09-12 07:43 AM | Reply

Also, then why do people hate Trump?

#14 | POSTED BY HELIUMRAT

Can't think of a single reason.

#17 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-12 07:50 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

My first reaction was wait there are still 6% of Americans who have an issue with interracial marriage?

I thought the whole hate gay marriage thing was cause we gave up on hatting interracial marriage, did 6 percent of people not get the memo?

#18 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-09-12 09:29 AM | Reply

Why hate Trump Helium?

Uh, lets see, the abbreviated list...

1. incompetence...more than one study,
or article out there on how if he had just
invested the 100 million his dad gave him,
into stocks instead of going into real
estate (to very mixed results) he would be a
richer businessman for it. And this doesn't
even start to delve into his bank debt
(which is actually like 1/2 of his net
worth. Or count his many failed business
ventures/ideas like a failed steak line,
a failed champaign line, amongst others that
I am too tired to look up...

2. Chronic liar, proven to the point of a
certifiable fact by several news
outlets. His lies about Covid likely killed
millions (are still killing people).

3. made fun of the handicapped on national
t.v.

4. disparaged/ made fun of latinos on U.S.
tv...

- the same with muslims
- the same with blacks
- the same with Asians

5. His father was a white nationalist.

6. His has demostrated time and again favor
towards white nationalist groups.

This is but a partial list, but then again you already know there are several reasons to dislike the man and this is just a waste of my time talking to people that are tone deaf as a post...

#19 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-09-12 12:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#19 | Posted by earthmuse

1. He wasn't Hillary. I was a Bernie Bro. Seth Rich died for you. She did it again a second time and we got Biden.

#20 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-09-12 04:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"There's a lot orf reasons not to like Trump. Let me list the reasons to like him.

1. He wasn't Hillary. "

I'm not Hillary, either. Do you like me?

#21 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-12 05:07 PM | Reply

I was raised up in one of those little hubs of racism. I can tell you some stories.

In a small town where there were more pickups than cars, my father once took me to a big oak, right down town. Said that was here they hung the last '*****'.

In the days of Selma, a bus load of protesters came in to that little town, with the idea of having a protest demonstration. What they found when it was time to get off the bus, was a bunch of town folk, all standing around, holding guns. No one got off the bus.

Now you'd think from hearing that, I'd be a dyed in the wool racist.

Along came problems in my life later, elsewhere. Know who reached out a hand to help me when no one else would? That gentleman was a black feller and I didn't care. I only cared for the bind I was in at the time. Wasn't long after that we became good friends. I learned from that experience. Then later after that I had other experiences. All which led me to the same conclusions. It's not the race, it's the individual. There are good and bad in all of us and race has nothing to do with it, who you are, how you are, and the way you, are solely depends on the individual. There are asshats in all races.

Don't hate the guy in front of you at the stop sign for his race. Hate him because he could have turned 5 minutes ago and is just dallying around. *smiles*

#22 | Posted by BBQ at 2021-09-12 06:36 PM | Reply

Made it 13 posts before inserting Trump into a discussion about an article that has nothing to do with Trump.

#23 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-09-12 06:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#23 - from what I've seen on this site, that is a pretty good number. On the galaxy radio burst thread which has nothing to do with humans, much less Trump, the first two posts were about Trump.

#24 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-12 07:02 PM | Reply

"Don't hate the guy in front of you at the stop sign for his race. "

100%. I would add to that, "Do not hate a person because where they are from". If people did that, they would hate you, too even though you are not a racist nor a representative of the norms of where you are from.

#25 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-12 07:08 PM | Reply

Those proggies, always telling people to go back to where they came from.

#26 | Posted by bored at 2021-09-12 08:27 PM | Reply

Once again Conservatives end up on the wrong side of history. Will they ever learn?

#27 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2021-09-13 01:17 AM | Reply

"Progressives love to hate people for no other reason than where they are from. You see that irrational hatred every day on this site."

#25 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

You take what people say on this site way too seriously considering how few we are compared to the other 331,449,500 (give or take) people who don't come to this site to express their druthers.

#28 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-09-13 02:49 AM | Reply

"Once again Conservatives end up on the wrong side of history."

#27 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST

History is the one thing they seem to care about the least. Their #1 priority appears to be how much better their lives will be under a mentally unbalanced, loony tunes dictator who is so insecure he has to hurt people to make himself feel big and powerful.

Go figure, huh?

#29 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-09-13 03:33 AM | Reply

#28 - My life extends beyond this site.

#30 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-13 08:41 AM | Reply

I doubt it.

#31 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-09-13 08:43 AM | Reply

JAKESTER

"My life extends beyond this site."

How far is it to the refrigerator anyway?

#32 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-09-13 08:47 AM | Reply

#32 - Mine? about 6 or 7 miles, I guess. There are some closer, but I do not have rightful access to them.

#33 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-13 08:50 AM | Reply

It's been more than 25 years now since I married my beautiful Filipina.

I can remember when I announced it to my parents. My mother disapproved it.
And my father leaned over and asked...."Hey, does she have a sister!?!" lol

#34 | Posted by shane at 2021-09-13 11:49 AM | Reply