Sunday, September 12, 2021

Salesforce committed to helping employees and their families relocate if they're concerned about the ability to seek reproductive care, after a Texas abortion law went into effect.

Comments

I'd be more concerned about the ripple effect of this law than reproductive care options. Once the Abbott's of the world can figure the public as their own personal
followers, a bunch of other twisted laws are enacted. And once the Texas voters start to believe that their vote doesn't matter then the "De Abbott" swagger will have at them.

#1 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-12 03:36 PM | Reply

I wonder how Salesforce will help these families relocate? I presume monetarily, but to what extent? The article does not say.

#2 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-12 04:23 PM | Reply

It would be simple enough to close their Dallas office, but something tells me they won't do that. They protest the Georgia legislation but haven't closed their Atlanta office either. Much cheaper to make a virtue signaling press release than actually do something expensive. I seriously doubt any "family" is going to request a transfer to a different state just in case they need an abortion someday.

#3 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-09-12 06:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 - as a born skeptic, I had to wonder if this was a virtue signaling thing, too. The story conspicuously leaves out how the company would help. Is their help $500, which isn't ----?

I've been through two corporate moves. Because of my job, I got good packages. The company bought my old house, and assisted with buying new one including any expenses and closing costs in each. They paid for temporary lodging until I found a new house. It was pretty much transparent to us.

Is this what salesforce is doing? Do they feel strongly enough in their convictions that they will give substantial assistance to a low paid worker like a file clerk?

If they were going to grandstand and tell the world how great they are in offering assistance to people who want to move, they could have followed through and said what that assistance is. I agree, Mirandaz. I sniff self-serving virtue signaling.

#4 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-12 06:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Jakester, when you have facts to backup your accusations let us know. Til then you're just a right wing talking point repeater. The fact that this company is helping their employees escape from the Christian Taliban is a great thing and I respect them for their loyalty to their employees.
The idea that anyone can become an instant bouty hunter hunting down young girls who were raped is just hard for me to even consider you human.
Quuie honestly, you are sick.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-12 07:36 PM | Reply

#5 - Danni, I made no accusations. What I made is called speculation. Calm down.

Do you have any proof that my speculation is in error? If so, please present it. Otherwise whatever speculation you have is every bit as valid as mine, your childish assertion that I am sick nothwithstanding.

#6 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-12 07:39 PM | Reply

"Oh, look at me and my speculation! I don't need facts, my asinine opinion is as good as anyone's! Look at meeee!!!"

- Goatjack.

#7 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-12 08:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

Based on the way Salesforce treats their employees, the corporate culture, and what they do in their immediate communities and in the world, and that they are always one of the most ethical companies in the world, I'd say they'll do what they've always done. One hell of a job helping any of the folks that work there and want to move.

Marc Benioff
@Benioff

Sep 10
Ohana if you want to move we'll help you exit TX. Your choice.Red heart

Ohana is Hawaiian for "family."

Salesforce numbers:
2022 $26.3B (guidance)
2021 $21.25B
2020 $17.1B
2019 $13.2B
2018 $10.5B
2017 $8.4B
2016 $6.7B
2015 $5.4B
2014 $4.1B

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-12 08:40 PM | Reply

"What I made is called speculation. Calm down."

What you actually did is made up facts, you lied. And you did so to cause others to react to your lies so....probably you need to either calm down or stop spreading lies that you know aren't even true.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 10:20 AM | Reply

"Do you have any proof that my speculation is in error?"

Um, do you have any proof that it is true? The proof is the responsibility of the person making the accusation. Otherwise you "speculation" is close to an outright lie and, don't deny it, that was you acutal intention and you know it though I doubt you will ever admit it.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 02:29 PM | Reply

"Um, do you have any proof that it is true? "

No. That's why I did not make an accusation as you falsely claimed.

Do you have any prove it's not true, though? Again, if not what I believe is every bit as valid as what you believe.

Cite one lie, Danni. I already cited one of yours. And this makes two.

Why can't you stick with the truth, Danni?

#11 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-13 03:20 PM | Reply

"Again, if not what I believe is every bit as valid as what you believe."

You were the one who made the assertion not me. Making a speculation is fine but even then you need to provide some sort of reasoning behind it. Otherwise you're just like right wing media, "some people say" Joe Biden has horns.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 03:28 PM | Reply

#12 - If you don't like my speculation, tell me why you think I'm wrong. This works both ways, Danni.

I find it beyond absurd a corporation's board of directors would offer full relocation to a file clerk.

If you think otherwise, say so rather than spouting lies about me.

#13 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-13 03:39 PM | Reply

#9 - "What you actually did is made up facts, you lied. "

J am still wafting for you to cite one lie you claim I made. Since you can't, you should at least have the decency to apologize for unjustly calling me a liar Danni.

#14 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-13 03:41 PM | Reply

"Grandstanding" or opportunistic marketing?

Both are firmly rooted in "capitalism"

Makes you wonder why two personas on this thread seem oblivious to this fact

It's almost like they don't know how this works at all

Perhaps Joe Rogan can explain it to them

#15 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-09-13 03:43 PM | Reply

I sniff self-serving virtue signaling.

#4 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

Yup. You found it! And now your finger stinks.

That is your own finger you are sniffing. You should be more careful where you stick it.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-09-13 04:03 PM | Reply

It wasn't a press release. It was an internal company communication. This isn't the first time that Salesforce has helped employees escape living in states with oppressive laws. They did the same in 2015 after Mike Pence signed a bill in Indiana that allowed businesses to refuse service to customers based on their sexual orientation/gender identity. At that time they were giving employees as much as %50K to help with relocation expenses.

#17 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-09-13 06:23 PM | Reply

Johnny_Hotsauce - excellent point. For "Jakester" (who has me plonked), and to support what you just said:
www.businessinsider.com

#18 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-13 06:46 PM | Reply

www.businessinsider.com

#18 | POSTED BY YAV

Thanks for the link.

#19 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-09-13 07:20 PM | Reply

He's gone, but Skeptic has mysteriously returned.

#20 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-14 06:56 PM | Reply