Sunday, September 12, 2021

There have been no COVID-19 outbreaks in San Francisco schools since students and educators went back into classrooms on Aug. 16, the San Francisco Department of Public Health announced Thursday, noting that about 90% of children ages 12 to 17 are fully vaccinated.

Comments

It's as if vaccines worked.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-12 05:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

GQP begins praying for kids to die.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-12 07:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The GQP in Mississippi converted their schools into COVID factories.

www.insider.com

#3 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2021-09-12 08:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Who what have thought?

States with more people exercising their freedom to spread a virus are shutting classrooms down while states like California are keeping classrooms open.

#4 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2021-09-12 09:47 PM | Reply

And masks. Don't forget masks.

#5 | Posted by DarkVader at 2021-09-13 09:00 AM | Reply

Meanwhile, religious-killers are rampant in the fringes of states. "In Missouri, as well as in Arkansas and Tennessee, many people have said they're at peace with the possibility they could die from Covid-19 because they know they're right with God. "If I lose the battle to it, I know where I'm going. I get to go the heavens," Helvey said. And Tom Wilder said, "I believe if the good Lord wants me right now, it doesn't matter if I take a vaccine or I don't. If he wants me to go, he's going to take me."" - cnn. Crazy. See what religion does?

#6 | Posted by Brennnn at 2021-09-13 09:03 AM | Reply

BRENNNN

I wonder about that other oldie but goodie" "God helps those who help themselves."

If it was anyplace but Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee, I'd also wonder if God was going pay for their kids' college education after they kicked the bucket. But then, as you said, it's Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee. so . . .

#7 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-09-13 09:20 AM | Reply

Religion is a disease embraced only by the weak minded.

#8 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-13 09:21 AM | Reply

Unknown religious fact. There is not just heaven and hell to deal with the good or the bad. There is another place called Limbo, designed to handle the souls of the stupid.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 12:53 PM | Reply

DANNI

For some reason I thought of Dick Cheney when I read your post. I wonder why God gave him a second chance when he's one of the most disgusting people on the face of the earth.

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-09-13 01:14 PM | Reply

"Religion is a disease embraced only by the weak minded."

Sometimes I indulge in such judgemental ideas but then I question my own certainty and realize I am an agnostic.

I share that with people such as Sister Theresa and probably most of the leaders in the world who actually caused significant change because their doubts about religion enabled them to question the power structures that controlled our world. But, I don't doubt that they felt great faith most of the time as do I but I am quite certain that most of them had their doubts on a fairly regular basis.
When you see the disasters, wars, and other tragedies of the world on a daily basis it does cause one to question if there really is a deity looding out for us.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 01:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

TWIN, who would have ever thought that Dick Cheney's daughter would be the champion of the Constitution? Reality is often stranger than fiction.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 01:25 PM | Reply

DANNI

Liz Cheney knows more about her father and 911 than we will ever know. Perhaps she had the same rude awakening that the rest of us had, and maybe even some guilt by association. Who really knows?

She sure turned out to be a much better person than I ever expected.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-09-13 04:18 PM | Reply

I haven't seen any photos of cable car riders wearing masks.

#14 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-13 11:25 PM | Reply