Sunday, September 12, 2021

In Northern California, a region troubled by fire, many people with disabilities live in rural areas that lack the resources to support them during disasters.

Comments

Looks like the options are A) people who are disabled beyond a point and live in a specific fire risk area all live together till the season is over B) the move elsewhere C) they accept the terrible risk.

I do not like any of these ideas.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-12 10:44 PM | Reply

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) emergency preparedness:
www.ada.gov

#2 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-12 11:13 PM | Reply

(D) we have resources to help them in emergencies like this. We had trillions to waste in Afghanistan but we can't come up with the money to rescue these folks, that's not America. It is Nazi America and I, for one, don't want Nazi America.
How dare you be disabled in a wheel chair when you are told to evacuate but have no means to do so. F you, die in the fire.

Trump cult members.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 03:05 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Before expending government resources their vaccination status, voting patterns and social media history should be evaluated to determine if they're worthy. Assuming they're politically correct, rescue should be scheduled based on intersectionality, from most oppressed to least. Members of oppressor class should be rescued last, only if time permits.

#4 | Posted by visitor_ at 2021-09-13 09:26 AM | Reply

Danni, I worry about you.

#5 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-09-13 09:38 AM | Reply

Everyone should have a evacuation plan. Especially in California. Especially in wildfire country.

Which is almost everywhere here.

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-09-13 09:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Danni, I worry about you."

OK but then we both read Visitor's post, right below min, and you realize the psychopathy in the GQP is taking over their party, and your? I don't knw if you will support those ideas but they are psycho whether you agree with me on that. The idea that government assistance should only come if your political views align with those in power is strictly speaking just plain Fascism.
Br hnrdy moe Phester, are you really ok with Fascism? Obviously Visitor is but I won't judge you until you express a clearer opinion but I do think I smell me some Fascists.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-13 09:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Little known fact: Most Nazis and Fascists crap their pants almost on a daily basis which explains why they always have clean underwear in their back packs.
#7 | POSTED BY DANNI"

LOL!

#8 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-09-13 11:23 AM | Reply

Anyone who disagrees with you is a facist, right Danni?

You might want to be careful labeling people, as labels tend to be thrown in the other direction.

#9 | Posted by boaz at 2021-09-13 12:47 PM | Reply

Pharisaic Quote of the week:

"You might want to be careful labeling people, as labels tend to be thrown in the other direction"

-"Libs" Boaz

#10 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2021-09-13 01:11 PM | Reply

I'm disabled, and have spent many years in a wheelchair. I am currently able to walk and function independently, but realize that can change at any time. I don't expect the entire world to adapt to me. I am realistic and recognize there are places I can't go and things can't do because of my disabilities. I expect reasonable accommodations, like curb cuts on public streets, ramps to access the courthouse, store aisles not blocked by signs and displays. I don't expect every building to have an elevator, but if it does, I expect it to be available for use (my kids school had elevators, but kept them locked at all times, requiring a trip to the office to wait for an escort with a key). I live in an isolated, rural area, with family members who,I can count on for help I need. My isolated community also has its own fire station. I,will live here as long as I can, but if someday I find myself without family to rely on, and if the fire station should close, I would move to a place more accessible to services. It younare disabled, it foolish to put yourself in the middle of nowhere and then expect others to rescue you.

#11 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-09-13 08:22 PM | Reply

2 things republicans don't care about:

Climate change

Disabled people

#12 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-13 08:29 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by visitor_

Your party is so messed up that in your world reasonable ethical policy, like prioritizing the lives of those who did their part to stop the pandemic, is a ridiculous joke.

#13 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-13 08:32 PM | Reply

Anyone who disagrees with you is a facist, right Danni?

#9 | Posted by boaz

Anyone who votes for a fascist is a fascism supporter.

You're a fascism supporter. No way to deny it.

#14 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-13 08:33 PM | Reply

Speak

I have never in my life seen anyone as binary and engaged in straw man arguments as you.

Seriously, what would you be doing in your life if you weren't falsely assigning positions to others?

It's all you do.

#15 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-09-13 08:40 PM | Reply

Falsely?

Boaz is on record saying America is not a democracy...
He spent years longing for Civil War 2.0 because he thinks his side has all the guns, and then us liberals will find out what life is really all about. (Apparently it's not about having thugs like Boaz doing our dirty work in Afghanistan, so Americans can enjoy a nice, peaceful life.)

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-13 08:47 PM | Reply

#17 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-09-13 08:53 PM | Reply

Bull.
He says it any time someone points out the United States is a democracy.
He never answers questions like "if we're not a democracy, why do we have elections?"

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-13 08:58 PM | Reply

"He says that in the context that a Democratic Republic is not a50% + 1 majority rule government."

^
Please note that this context is not incompatible with a fascist government.
Thanks for reading and understanding.

Or maybe you don't actually understand that the Republican party has been barreling towards fascism for decades now.
But you don't seem like a giant idiot, so I'm giving you the benefit of being able to see with your own two eyes.

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-13 09:00 PM | Reply

Get a job first and then I might consider addressing your inanities.

#20 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-09-13 09:05 PM | Reply

I see I was mistaken, and that you're obviously emotionally attached to being a giant idiot.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-13 09:10 PM | Reply