Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Despondent after yesterday's recall election, millions of California Republicans are fleeing the state for Florida and Texas in search of dumber governors.

Comments

... closer to the moon-mars launch.

#1 | Posted by ichiro at 2021-09-15 10:12 PM | Reply

#1 - I don't get that one, either.

Did you swap two posts from two different topics. I think you did, because each make sense in the opposite topics.

#2 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-15 10:17 PM | Reply

Gov. Abbott of Texas is not dumb, he's vicious.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-16 07:26 AM | Reply

Dammit.
I keep hoping we'll be able to turn Florida blue. Then we elect one of the dumbest Governors in the United States and we end up lighting the beacon for these morons.

#4 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-16 07:38 AM | Reply

FL and TX governors are not dumb. They know exactly what they are doing. The power the numbnuts Qtards give them is more important to them than the lives of their citizens. They're immoral, unethical and evil.

#5 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-09-16 09:51 AM | Reply

"With Governor Abbott and Governor DeSantis, you really can't go wrong," he said. "Both of them oppose mask mandates. Both of them oppose vaccine mandates. But DeSantis has actually had his videos banned from YouTube for spreading covid misinformation. That was the tiebreaker for me."

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-16 12:01 PM | Reply

#6 - we're doomed.

#7 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-16 12:10 PM | Reply

#6 - we're doomed.

#7 | POSTED BY YAV

People are volunteering to be doomed.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-16 12:45 PM | Reply

The better life is after they die... this is why they are ok with doom. They have a terrorist mindset. Thanks, religion!

#9 | Posted by Brennnn at 2021-09-16 12:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm pretty sure they are seeking a lower cost of living and fewer taxes.

I'm almost 60 years old and I've known a lot of people who have made a lot of moves. Yet I've never heard anyone say, "Gee, I think I'll move to this state because I like the governor." The article doesn't address this obvious point, oddly enough.

But the New Yorker? Another state that people are leaving because of the high cost of living and high taxes. Article sounds like sour grapes. Why don't you, New Yorker, look at the real reasons people are leaving California and New York? It's not because their governor's teeth are less pearly.

#10 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-17 08:58 PM | Reply