Friday, September 17, 2021

Three people were arrested for allegedly assaulting a New York City restaurant hostess on Thursday after she asked a group of diners visiting from Texas to show proof they had been vaccinated before seating them.

Comments

Too bad it was New York otherwise she could have just yanked her gat and wasted them all.

#1 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-09-17 08:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Too many Anti-vaxers are ultra-violent snow flakes looking for a victim. They wander the village, searching for an opportunity to beat up a waitress, a store clerk, or whom ever might be avail to, you know, "trigger" the desperate lewzer in them.

Cause'a theys fee fees, doncha see.

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2021-09-17 09:22 PM | Reply

Great food at Carmine's.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-17 09:47 PM | Reply

There are hippies, naturalists, minorities, PhDs, and trump morons who refuse to take the vaccine.

But only one of those groups has a pattern of violence and aggression towards masking and vaccines.

#4 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-17 10:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

nice family!

#5 | Posted by Brennnn at 2021-09-18 04:44 AM | Reply

I seriously doubt that I will ever vacation in Texas, or even ever buy dinner in Texas. I'm pretty sure I'll avoid Texas like the plague, literally.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-18 05:19 AM | Reply

DANNI
Lots of Texans think it's a great place.
They also experience difficulty separating the bull from the bull#$*@.

#7 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-09-18 07:28 AM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY AT 2021-09-17 10:14 PM |

Angry black women??

#8 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-18 08:48 AM | Reply

Angry black women??
Diamond and Silk?

#9 | Posted by YAV at 2021-09-18 08:54 AM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY DANNI-I hear you Danni. My wife & I have been traveling in various vehicles & RV's etc. over 43 years, the last 8 full-time in a small motor-home. Texas has some great spots, but even before trump it could be edgy in places. I doubt we'll ever set foot there again either.

#10 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2021-09-18 09:01 AM | Reply

I loved my six years in Texas.

But I also worked in a massive medical center that was staffed by people from around the world so it wasn't quite Texas.

It is loaded with overcompensating men, though.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2021-09-18 09:17 AM | Reply

More...

3 tourists allegedly attack NYC restaurant hostess over proof of vaccination
www.axios.com

...Late Friday, a lawyer representing the three women said they all had vaccination proof that had been "questioned arbitrarily and unjustifiably" because they are Black and that they had not tried to "forcefully violate" the requirement that they show it to enter the restaurant, per the NYT. ...

I would like to see their testimony justifying what they allegedly did.

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-18 12:31 PM | Reply

Nice red drawers on fatso. You can take them out but you can't dress them up. Also, you can take the hood out the hood but you can't take the hood out the hood ...

#13 | Posted by catdog at 2021-09-18 12:47 PM | Reply

@#13 ... Nice red drawers on fatso. ...

Looks like he was among those who were trying to protect the hostess.

Video in this article shows he walked over after the altercation started and seems to try to pull the visitors off the hostess.
abc7ny.com

The court proceedings will be interesting.

#14 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-18 12:57 PM | Reply

I got mad at a waitress today.

I thought I had a mask. I didn't. She said I needed one to make the 15 second journey from the hostess stand to the table.

I told her that I could pull my shirt up over my nose for that 15 seconds. She said no.

My wife handed me a mask. I informed the waitress it was stupid. Put on the mask. Made the 15 second transit to my table. And took the mask off.

And everyone was safer.

#15 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-18 03:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Not really.

No one was safer.

But Karen felt safer...and that's really what this is all about.

#16 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-18 03:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Maybe she was just following the rules. I don't give anyone who has to work with the public any grief because it's a demanding job.
I myself would never have a job where I had to work with the public again.

#17 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-18 03:37 PM | Reply

But Karen felt safer...and that's really what this is all about.

#16 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

Actually they're just doing their job you melodramatic -----.

#18 | Posted by jpw at 2021-09-18 04:15 PM | Reply

"Maybe she was just following the rules."

Maybe. Probably. I still gave a good tip.

Funny thing, I also bought a new car today. Or at least ordered a new car today.

Not a single person in the dealership was wearing a mask.

I was in Crete last week. My understanding is that masks were mandatory...but no one actually wore them. The only time I was asked to wear a mask was at the Knossos ruins, and I was outside.

#19 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-18 04:17 PM | Reply

"My wife handed me a mask."

Tell us you're a beta ---- without saying you're a beta ----.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-18 04:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Actually they're just doing their job you melodramatic -----."

I got it.

The ritual requires that you wear the mask from the hostess stand to the table.

It wouldn't have been a thing except for the fact that somewhere along the way the face diaper fell out of my pocket. It had been on my mouth not even ten minutes earlier.

Had I been required to conduct surgery, I would have understood that pulling my shirt over my nose is probably not an acceptable answer. But I think it would have been sufficient for the 15 second transition from the hostess station to the table.

#21 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-18 04:20 PM | Reply

"Tell us you're a beta ---- without saying you're a beta ----."

beta ----.

I think I bought one of those fishes for my kids.

Super cute lil things.

#22 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-18 04:22 PM | Reply

It's not the hostesses call. She's just doing what she's told to do.

Stop being a manchild who has to whine about it on the internet.

Please tell me you at least were mature enough to not give the hostess any ---- over it?

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2021-09-18 04:23 PM | Reply

And seriously, what would you do if you ever encountered real adversity? A mask is too much apparently for you so you must zero resiliency.

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2021-09-18 04:28 PM | Reply

Yeah I gave her some ----.

Not really.

She was nice, And she was just trying to do her job.

I don't think she was a German. The Germans don't give a ---- about the rules. They do what they want. I think she was Turkish or something...she just didn't want trouble.

Earlier in the day, at the BMW dealership-all Germans. No masks. I was sold.

#25 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-18 04:31 PM | Reply

Ever notice that it's never anti-vaxxers at their place of work being assaulted?

Apparently they don't have what it takes to work with the general public day in and day out.

#26 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-18 05:39 PM | Reply

Not a single person in the dealership was wearing a mask.

#19 | Posted by madbomber a

#27 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-18 06:25 PM | Reply

You know there is no end to trouble if you're arrested on vacation especially for being violent. These guys are going to find themselves up to their necks in fines, bonds, airfares and maybe civil litigation too. Maybe they can get Texas to pay their bills, but I kind of doubt it.

#28 | Posted by Badcat at 2021-09-18 07:40 PM | Reply

#15 "I got mad at a waitress today"
Lol, why not just order a side of spit?

#29 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-09-18 10:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Footage shows new details after NYC restaurant incident over proof of vaccination
www.axios.com

...Three tourists were arrested after allegedly assaulting a New York City restaurant hostess when she asked for proof of their vaccination status before they could be seated indoors, the New York Times reports.

The latest: On Saturday, lawyers for the restaurant and the three women revealed that the tourists had in fact shown proof of vaccination and been allowed into Carmine's Italian restaurant, according to the Times.

- They were then joined by three men, only one of whom showed a vaccine card. The group then left the restaurant and that's where the fight broke out, per the Times.

- A lawyer for one of the women told the newspaper that the hostess had used racial slurs and derogatory language toward the group, and had also assaulted them, resulting in a "mutual combat" situation, the Times reported.

- A lawyer for the restaurant denied that racism was at play or that the hostess had acted violently, per the Times. Footage reviewed by the Times did not include audio.

- The three Texas women have a court date on Oct. 5....

#30 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-19 01:16 PM | Reply

Just order takeout next time, --------.

#31 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-19 06:38 PM | Reply

"When you come down with delta, are you going to admit it to us all, or hide it like trump hid his vaccination?"

I would admit it.

Why wouldn't I?

I might even brag about it a little. Maybe even threaten you with a little kiss:)

I'm vaccinated.

I didn't care about COVID when I wasn't vaccinated. I certainly don't care about it now.

I'm not sure why anyone cares about it now.

#32 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-20 03:07 PM | Reply