Saturday, September 18, 2021

A Texas doctor has revealed that he recently performed an abortion in violation of the state's new controversial law that prohibits nearly all abortions after roughly six weeks into a pregnancy, arguing that he "had a duty of care to this patient."

Comments

The only sure fire way to get the law before a court. All that's needed now is somebody to sue him.

#1 | Posted by et_al at 2021-09-18 07:54 PM | Reply

Et_Al, sue him. ;)

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-19 01:22 AM | Reply

"sue him."

Heck, I'm suing his landlord.
And his nurse.
And his accountant.
And the gas jockey who filled his car on the way.

FORTY THOUSAND BUCKS, BABY!

#3 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-09-19 01:26 AM | Reply

Wait...

Did I forget about the bank who accepted the deposit check for the abortion?!?

#4 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-09-19 01:42 AM | Reply

Sorry you live in tex-mex-taliban state.

#5 | Posted by Brennnn at 2021-09-19 03:23 AM | Reply

#6 | Posted by et_al at 2021-09-19 03:50 AM | Reply

I can't, I'm on the Doc's side on this one.

#7 | Posted by et_al at 2021-09-19 04:05 AM | Reply

The Supreme Court ruled in Roe v Wade that a woman had the right to decide what was right for herself, now Abbott and the Nazis in Texas are attempting to ignore that decision and put into place a cheme where people from any state, who don't have any connection to the woman in question, can make big dollars reporting her or anyone who helps her to the state because she attempts to have an abortion. doesn't matter if the prenancy was the result of ------ of rape. And some of you crazies, right here, who post here often, agree with that? I suggest that those of you who do have sacrificed your humanity just out of a sick desire to be part of a Nazi movement. Trust me on one thing, that Nazi movement will have no mercy on you or your loved ones when push comes to shove and you or your loved ones are the victims of this hateful ideology. The Texas law is, by far, the sickest piece of legislation I have ever witnessed in my 70 years of life. I do wish ill on all of those who voted for it and all of the supporters of it. May God wreak havoc in all of your lives, kill your children, bring cancer to your body. This is the sickest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. I don't have an ounce of respect for anyone that supports it.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-19 05:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If you're on the doc's side that's even more reason to sue him, though. As you explained, that could get the law tossed out. And if you win, you can just give him back his $10k.

Or do you have to attest that you think he is being naughty?

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-19 10:16 AM | Reply

"#8 | POSTED BY DANNI"

Once you morons get some consistency on vaccine mandates and ivermectin, I might be willing to listen to your arguments. Until then, shut up and sit down.

#10 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 12:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"he saw "three teenagers die from illegal abortions." But Rs don't care about them.

#11 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2021-09-20 05:02 PM | Reply

If you want to avoid unwanted pregnancies tell your daughter's boyfriends she inherited HIV from you.

Do not outlaw abortions for adults who need them.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-20 05:37 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY SKEPTICAL

Vaccines good; invermectin stupid.

Now you have to listen to me.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-20 05:44 PM | Reply