Monday, September 20, 2021

Emergency unemployment benefits in the U.S. expired two weeks ago, but employers who expected an increase in job applications are still largely waiting for them to roll in.

Comments

So maybe Americans didn't really want those jobs immigrants take away from them, after all

Log this one with all those other tired "conservative" platitudes

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-09-20 03:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

No mystery here. This virus came and changed everything. Employers have not advanced with the times.

Boomers are retiring rather than deal with the high possibility of getting infected. They took their experience with them. The younger generations are now filling those spots. Only there is not as many replacements as the boomers that retired.

So workers now have a choice of where to work at. They can pick and choose their employers because of that gap between the amount of workers and the jobs available. Employers are still thinking they can pay minimum wage and limit hours to less than 40 hours a week so they don't have to supply benefits. Those that don't step up and are still thinking they can get away with low pay are the ones not getting employees.

In addition, the women in the work force who have children, do not have support and have to stay home to take care of the kids. Bus drivers are lacking so many have to go twice a day, to take the kids to school and to bring them home. Kindergarden places aren't handling enough kids, those that are open, and they are charging record fees. Momma has to prepare food, do laundry, and all the things necessary to run a house hold. Many parents are deathly afraid of public schools and believe with good reason that their children could be infected and bring it home, so they are home schooling that takes time and personal attention.

The younger generations have been taught that the dollar is everything. They don't have job security because first time workers are to be laid off, it's them. They've learned there is no loyalty to the job, only to the dollar and they now have learned that lesson well. They will not work for peanuts and many demand working from home. If the employer will not meet the demands of the workers, they will go else where to someone that will.

Again, no mystery why workers are not showing up. Just employers that don't want to pay what is needed to get them.

#2 | Posted by BBQ at 2021-09-20 03:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

"I didn't leave the jobs party. The jobs party left me."

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-20 03:59 PM | Reply

Whenever I see a white woman doing housekeeping or a white man doing landscaping, all I can think is: They Took Yer Jerbs!

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-20 04:01 PM | Reply

It is 2 weeks in and these people should have been able to set a little cash to the side with not paying rent for a year in additional to getting the equivalent of $20/hour to sit at home. With shortages in things they probably would have bought (PS5) or rapidly rising prices for others (used cars), these people have some nest eggs set aside that they will fully run down before they think about returning to working. In my personal life, I don't know anyone that chose to stay home and not to work. My group is mainly 30-50 college educated, successful careers. No one is looking for early retirement. The group that is staying out of the workforce are kinda lifelong loser types, ones that have a non-reported job (selling drugs mainly), or young millennials types that have lived with their parents since college and still refuse to get on with their lives.

While the cut in benefits will eventually push some of them back into the workforce, the reality is that we have a huge mass of people in the US that are unemployable due to their lack of skills and ambition. They are okay forever living with their parents - never owning a car, house, or dating. The internet has allowed them to find like-minded losers and they have normalized their lifestyle. It is not hard to just 'survive' in the US, and that is what a huge group of people are doing. The end result is drug addiction, depression, and Dems running to give them more no string attached money. The underlying cause, by and large, was horrible parenting.

The one takeaway we have from this benefits cut is that it obviously went on too long. If there was no rush to return to work, it means that the benefits were not helping people keep their heads above water. It was subsidizing poor life choices and reinforcing the loser tendencies of the millennials. So, we need the counter-study, what would have been the result for ending the program 2 months earlier - clearly, if people are not choosing to work now, they have not needed the money for awhile.

#5 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 07:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

Oh good. He's back.

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-09-20 07:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

Why would anyone want to deal with a potentially violent disease-bearing general population for as little as the employer can pay them and little to no benefits?

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-20 08:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Why would anyone want to deal with a potentially violent disease-bearing general population"

Well, I think this is the result of the MSM pumping fake news to the Democrats to the point that over 40% of them think you have a 50% chance of going to the hospital if you get covid when the real number is about 50x less. That is a dangerous level of misinformation and it has changed behaviors. BTW, that number is from the NYT survey a few month ago not some conservative site.

Looking at the full stadiums over the weekend, you see hundreds of thousands of people jammed in stadiums without masks and life has returned to normal. Meanwhile, 95% of the people on this site are still bunkering in their basements afraid of human contact. One side is living in reality and it isn't the posters on this board.

"Without having read the article I do believe people are more than willing to work from home for a decent wage but they are likely very hesitant to have a McJob.
#7 | POSTED BY TOR "

#8 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 08:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

@#5 ... It is 2 weeks in and these people should have been able to set a little cash to the side with not paying rent for a year ...

Any data to substantiate that assertion?

Jus' askin'

The Offspring - "Gotta Get Away"
www.youtube.com

#9 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 09:09 PM | Reply

@#8 ... What is a decent wage for a person without skills, poor attitude, and cannot show up to work on time or even show up at all consistently? How much should that person be paid per hour? ...

Please show the data to substantiate that description.

thx.

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 09:11 PM | Reply

"What is a decent wage for a person without skills, poor attitude, and cannot show up to work on time or even show up at all consistently?"

However much Boebert and MTG are making in Congress.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-20 09:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"#10 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER"

Thanksgiving is coming up. Assuming you will celebrate with your family and not bunkering in your basement, look at the faces around the table and 50% will fit that description for your family.

So, how much is fair to pay them?

#12 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 09:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"MTG are making in Congress.
#11 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

MTG ran a successful business. AOC was worth $10/hour + tips so long as she caked on her make-up, stuffed her bra, and flirted with Incels like yourself. But, AOC at least had the ability to show up to work. How much is someone with no skills and poor work ethic worth? I think the better proxy is what you are making now per hour. How much is it Snoofy? You still holding out until your covid payments are all spent before looking?

#13 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 09:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

"MTG ran a successful business."

That her daddy built, ran, and then sold to MTG and her husband.

From Wiki:
In 2002, Greene's father sold Taylor Commercial, a general contractor based in Alpharetta, Georgia that he founded, to Greene and her husband, Perry. The couple are vice president and president, respectively, of the company.

Also from Wiki: (emphasis mine)

Greene was listed as the chief financial officer of Taylor Commercial from 2007 to 2011, but a 2021 Atlanta Journal-Constitution investigation determined that she had no significant presence at the company. In 2011, Greene stepped down as the company's CFO and began CrossFit training.

By 2012, Greene was working as a part-time coach at an Alpharetta CrossFit gym.

#14 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-09-20 09:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#12 ... So, how much is fair to pay them? ...

I ask you to substantiate an assertion you have made.

And your substantiation is a question.

Do you see the quite obvious flaw in your response?

Jus' askin'

#15 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 09:54 PM | Reply

"MTG ran a successful business."

Whatever. As a Congresswoman, she is without skills, has a poor attitude, and cannot show up to work on time .

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-20 09:56 PM | Reply

@#13 ... AOC was worth $10/hour + tips so long as she caked on her make-up, stuffed her bra, and flirted with Incels like yourself. ...

Wow, going after identity politics.

Are you acknowledging that your viewpoint is so weak that your comments have to stoop to that level?

Jus' askin'

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 09:57 PM | Reply

"#17 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER"

Hard to debate with you as you seem to be in denial of reality. Do you actually doubt that there are people with no skills, poor attitudes, and have issues showing up to work on time? Really? Have you ever interacted in real life?

So, maybe you should answer the question - how much is it fair to pay that person?

#18 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 10:03 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

@#18 ... Hard to debate with you as you seem to be in denial of reality. ...

So I ask you a simple question, and you don't answer it.

Yet you say I am the person it is hard to debate with.

... Do you actually doubt that there are people with no skills, poor attitudes, and have issues showing up to work on time? Really? ...

My reply to you was about your comment regarding Rep Ocasio-Cortez, not "people." Specifically, your comment, "AOC was worth $10/hour + tips so long as she caked on her make-up, stuffed her bra, ..."

And I note you still have not answered the question I asked.

So, when do you think you might actually answer the question i asked?

Jus' askin'

#19 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 10:13 PM | Reply

@#18 ... Hard to debate with you as you seem to be in denial of reality. ...

And I gotta ask...

Just what is this "reality" that I am in denial of?

Please be specific.

thx.

#20 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 10:15 PM | Reply

"AOC was worth $10/hour + tips"

And MTG couldn't get a job other than part-time fitness coach on her own.

#21 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-09-20 10:19 PM | Reply

"#19 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER "

I think this is a ridiculous request - it shows you are not serious in your questions.

#22 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 10:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"You asked me to substantiate that there are people with no skills, poor attitudes, and trouble showing up for work."

^
What I'd like you to substantiate is why you'd want such people to show up to work.

What would be the benefit of having these people in the workplace?

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-20 10:45 PM | Reply

"What would be the benefit of having these people in the workplace?
#23 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Because the alternative is to legalize abortion to the 100th trimester and then harvest their organs for more worthy people. I would prefer to motivate them because simply given them endless supplies of money is not sustainable.

#24 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 10:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

@#22 ... You asked me to substantiate that there are people with no skills, poor attitudes, and trouble showing up for work. ...

Really, is that what I asked of you?

And I continue to note that you still have not answered the actual question I asked.

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
www.youtube.com

#25 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 10:54 PM | Reply

@#24

So you admit you got nothin'.

#26 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 10:55 PM | Reply

"Really, is that what I asked of you?
#25 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER "

#27 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 11:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"I would prefer to motivate them"

And how do you plan to motivate them?
You don't really strike me as a people person...
In fact I would imagine most people who meet you strive to be nothing like you.

#28 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-20 11:20 PM | Reply

@#27 ... I honestly have no idea what you are asking if it was not that. You make very little sense so I am trying my best to decode your ramblings.

OK, I understand your difficulty. Let me try once again...

Bear with me..

#23 said

^

What would be the benefit of having these people in the workplace?

In #24 you replied

Have I quoted the comments correctly?

(an answer to that question is requested)

Based upon those two comments I stated

So you admit you got nothin'.

Are those quotes correct?

If yea or nay, we can move on to the the set of questions you pose.

thx.

#29 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 11:23 PM | Reply

"#29 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER "

Did you forget to to change your log in name for #23 so you an Snoofy are the same idiot posting under 2 accounts? I still have no idea what you are trying to ask.

#30 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-20 11:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

@#30 ... Did you forget to to change your log in name ...

I note the deflection attempt.

I've tried to discuss issues with your current alias (on different threads on this august site), however your comments appear to be quite evasive when poised with direct questions.

Why does that seem to occur?

I'll give you a Nice Try.

Wanna play again?

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Do You Love Me?
www.youtube.com

#31 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-20 11:56 PM | Reply

@#30 ... so you an Snoofy are the same idiot ...

Oh, btw, I guess you missed the message thread when the Snoopy alias accused me of being a self-aware AI bot. (that was a fun one.)

You really need to try harder.

It seems that the more your current alias posts, the lower the alias' credibility drops.

Really.

#32 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-21 12:01 AM | Reply

"Snoopy alias accused me of being a self-aware AI bot. (that was a fun one.)"

You've come a long way, baby!

#33 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-21 12:10 AM | Reply

The Low & Sweet Orchestra - Sometimes The Truth Is All You Get
www.youtube.com

#34 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-21 12:11 AM | Reply

@#33 ... You've come a long way, baby! ...

#35 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-21 12:12 AM | Reply

"#35 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER"

I still have no idea what you are trying to ask. Maybe you can just post the question now and I will give it a shot.

#36 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-21 12:15 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

When do employers figure out the words "competitive wages" is not a selling point, but a deterrent for job seekers.

When I was looking for a job, when I saw those words I ran the other way.

#37 | Posted by a_monson at 2021-09-21 12:19 AM | Reply

@#36

Too little, too late.

I've tried. You've deflected.

Maybe fire up a new alias and try again with a different attitude.

Jus sayin'

Citizen King - Better Days
www.youtube.com

#38 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-09-21 12:23 AM | Reply

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Do You Love Me?
www.youtube.com

#31 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER AT 2021-09-20 11:56 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Just wanted to take a break from the chatter and say Nick Cave is the coolest person in Rock n Roll.

#39 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-21 10:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

When I was looking for a job, when I saw those words I ran the other way.

#37 | POSTED BY A_MONSON AT 2021-09-21 12:19 AM | REPLY |

And then whine about only attracting the least motivated employees.

#40 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-21 10:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bs. They are not hiring.

#41 | Posted by fresno500 at 2021-09-21 11:38 AM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BY SKEPTICAL

Just add it to the stack of your ridiculous requests. And I cannot for the life of me even imagine why anyone would even bother to respond to yours. Deplorables can't be taught. You can't fix stupid. so why bother ?

It's like you deplorables are all little children and need to be led by the hand into doing what is right. Because you cannot seem to do what is right on your own without being forced. Like whiny little brats. You remind me of my teenage son. He would argue about everything. Just to argue.

#42 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-09-21 12:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I have written this many times, on different websites:

#43 | Posted by john47 at 2021-09-21 01:46 PM | Reply

My 18 year old grand-daughter is being paid $19.25/hr to sit at the front door of a large business and ask everyone who arrives a series questions off a Covid checklist. I realize that in California things are costlier than the rest of the nation but still, this is the reality employers need to accept and adjust to. Minimum wage just won't cut it anymore. Not be a long shot for many, many people.

#44 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-09-21 02:05 PM | Reply

"If your business plan when you submitted it to the bank for your business loan did not include decent wages and benefits, and the bank gave you money anyway, you done committed a fraud!"

This is why you don't work at a bank.

#45 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-21 02:22 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Exactly. Competitive wages translates into I want to pay the absolute least amount possible just like my competition."

All employers want to pay the least amount possible. I doesn't matter if you're an NBA owner or someone needing a janitor.

I'm assuming you don't shop around to see which car dealership or internet provider is going to charge you the most. You don't, do you?

#46 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-21 02:28 PM | Reply

^
So in your mind hiring a person is just like buying a car?

#47 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-09-21 02:41 PM | Reply

"There is no more need to pay more than market rate for labor than there is for you to pay more for a car, or internet, or whatever."

If I want a car with more features and better performance than a POS Kia than I should expect to pay more.

#48 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-21 06:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

A lot of women remain out of the workforce because there is still no child care, and I think a lot are waiting to see how in-person schooling goes before they try to return to work. Pass the Biden human infrastructure plan with money for childcare, and also pass a $15 minimum wage, and we'll see a lot of women reenter the job market. Coming out of lockdown, businesses who offered higher wages attracted more/better candidates than did businesses who continue to complain about lack of workers while offering minimum wage jobs with no benefits.

#49 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-09-21 08:31 PM | Reply

There is no shortage of labor except for high paid jobs. There is actually a surplus of labor according to the stats.

The problem seems to be that low value starter businesses don't qualify for the available labor. These businesses should not expect to remain in business unless they increase their ability to deliver value to the customer with market rate staff. These businesses should learn economics.

#50 | Posted by bored at 2021-09-22 12:01 AM | Reply

"There is no shortage of labor except for high paid jobs. "

I'm not so sure of that. Burger flippers are getting almost twice minimum wage. That strongly suggests a shortage of labor, even teen age part time labor.

#51 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-22 12:13 AM | Reply

The Debloonberg article makes no mention of wealth inequality as the basis for applicant hesitation when I read:
...looking for 10 temporary workers to help at the organization's conference in Denver at the end of the month, paying as much as $25 an hour. So far, he could only rustle up two.
Even $25 an hour (gross pay) will have job takers living in squalor at ancient motels (Colfax) while eating at fast-food as they enter middle-age, having to pay out of pocket healthcare.
In many cases, the only way to get hired into another project with the same Temp Organization is to put in long hours. So long are they that the new hires will have to commute on foot or Uber because buses aren't running that late.
The only one who is beating the system is the employer who's offering Temp work that doesn't even pay into unemployment insurance. Employers who by law who have to pay into unemployment insurance periodically go to seminars that promise to get hiring managers ahead of unemployment claims costs by telling them how to work the system and screw the employees.

#52 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-22 02:07 AM | Reply

#51 I am very sure they is no shortage of burger flippers. I would happily do that job for $200 an hour, so would millions of others.

There is a shortage of businesses realizing they have to pay market rates to get staff.

I have also noticed there is a shortage of safe to operate cars with a $10 purchase price. I could complain about that, or I could just pay the market rate for a car.

#53 | Posted by bored at 2021-09-22 02:26 AM | Reply

"MTG ran a successful business. AOC was worth $10/hour + tips so long as she caked on her make-up, stuffed her bra, and flirted with Incels like yourself. But, AOC at least had the ability to show up to work. How much is someone with no skills and poor work ethic worth?"

What a pile of crap! She also got herself elected to Congress more than once. And what have you or MSGT ever done in your life that can compare to that. Plus, with or without makeup, AOC looks better than you or your wife ever has or ever will.

"Employers who by law who have to pay into unemployment insurance periodically go to seminars that promise to get hiring managers ahead of unemployment claims costs by telling them how to work the system and screw the employees."

Factually true. I've never had to collect unemployment but I have watched others get screwed out of it by employers who actually believed they were acting on principle but, in truth, they were just a******s.
I did work for them but they knew I didn't respect them for the many years I worked for them. If the CEO of a company wastes his time attending an unemployment hearing to prevent an employee from collectin the small dollars involved then he really doesn't understand what his job is really about. And I can and do now sit back and watch as the enterprises built by others are destroyed by the people appointed to replace them when they retire or die. It is almost a given that they will destroy it. I watch it over and over and I am just glad that I never got sucked into believing they were actually the brilliant mangers they believed themselves to be. Generally speaking, those who take over after the founder who built the business retires of dies, are incompetent fools who will kill the business in short order.

#54 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-22 04:55 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Here's a hint....employees don't want service jobs where they are abused by maskholes, berated by Karens and are paid minimum wages with no benefits.

The employers here that pay above minimum wages have an abundance of applicants....the ones that pay minimum wage have vacancies.

Yet the minimum wage employers will whine and bitch instead of offering better wages and benefits.

#55 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-09-22 08:15 AM | Reply

looking for 10 temporary workers

There is the important part of the statement. People want stability.

#56 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-09-22 08:18 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I had one client who lamented they could not hire a CFO for their $150,000,000 in sales business that would handle the long term forecasting, negotiate union contracts, oversee the accounting department, negotiate with banks and suppliers etc for $50,000 per year while the owners wife was paid $300,000 per year to come in and read the newspaper and spread conspiracy theories on facebook.

#57 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-09-22 08:23 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Forty years ago, my two daughters are "home-schooled" by "Sesame Street" and "The Electric Company." Also both parents were readers. The kids literally had to pry Mom or Dad away from a book to get any attention. The kids were reading way above their grade level until they got to college, which was done on academic scholarships.

#58 | Posted by john47 at 2021-09-22 08:41 AM | Reply

#54 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-22 04:55 AM

Case study: Oshkosh B'Gosh was sold off by the grandchildren and in-laws of the founder, shortly after the company's 100th birthdy. The founder's children had day-to-day contact with the founder, who could explain why he acted in a given situation. Google it (see JFGI).

#59 | Posted by john47 at 2021-09-22 08:45 AM | Reply

A while back there was an article in local media about a restaurant owner who was going to be closing two days a week because she couldn't find employees.

She was whining that people with experience were refusing to work for less than $20/hour, and she 'just couldn't pay that' with her 10% margins.

The article was written as if people should feel sorry for the whiny crybaby who refused to pay a fair wage.

#60 | Posted by DarkVader at 2021-09-22 12:11 PM | Reply

"So in your mind hiring a person is just like buying a car?"

It's not an "in my mind" kind of thing. It's reality.

#61 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-22 02:53 PM | Reply

"Employers should stop whining about the poor quality of applicants when that's all they can attract with the poor wages offered."

That's true. And that's the real reason that Henry Ford more than doubled the amount he was paying his workers. It's bad for the company when a worker hired one day walks out a week later. Or when workers show up to work drunk or intoxicated. Or display any other forms of bad behavior that adversely affect enterprise.

Ford's employees stayed sober and did what they were told. Because they knew that if they didn't, there was someone waiting in the wings to take their place.

#62 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-22 02:56 PM | Reply

"I am very sure they is no shortage of burger flippers. I would happily do that job for $200 an hour, so would millions of others"

To be clear, in inflation adjusted dollars, Henry Ford's employees would make just under $36k per year.

in 2021, the average UAW worker makes between $50k and $60k per year.

#63 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-22 03:01 PM | Reply

"Generally speaking, those who take over after the founder who built the business retires of dies, are incompetent fools who will kill the business in short order."

That's true.

It's why wealth inequality isn't that big of a deal, and the myth of the millionaire trust-fund baby is about as accurate as the myth of the welfare Cadillac queen.

90% of all great fortunes are gone within three generations. The first generation knows how to create wealth...the follow on generations only know how to consume it.

#64 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-09-22 03:05 PM | Reply

#64 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

So all we have to do is wait on average 60-80 years! Great!

#65 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-09-22 04:46 PM | Reply

"It's why wealth inequality isn't that big of a deal"

If it isn't that big of a deal, why do you always argue for more wealth inequality?

It's obviously a huge deal for you.

#66 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-22 04:53 PM | Reply

"Do you make your purchases based on emotional response rather than economic rationality?"

Are you kidding?

Of course people make purchases based on emotional response.

You'd have to be unable to experience emotions to not understand the concept of people loving brands like Apple and Coke.

#67 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-22 05:04 PM | Reply

#64 | Posted by madbomber

Myth? Your cult elected one to the white house and his entitled rich boy incompetence got a half million people killed and he's trying to end democracy because he lost re election.

#68 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-22 05:23 PM | Reply

#68 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY AT 2021-09-22 05:23 PM

And the number is likely to double with Biden in office - who's had a vaccine at his disposal since day one. What's going to be your go-to boogie man then?

#69 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-09-22 07:53 PM | Reply

#69 | Posted by BellRinger

Whoever put it into the heads of americans that the CDC and FDA can't be trusted, the virus is a hoax, and masks are tyranny. Remind us who that was.

#70 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-22 08:35 PM | Reply

#61 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER AT 2021-09-22 02:53 PM | REPLY

That's exactly what the problem is in this situation. Employers are whining they have jobs but no one is applying. Economic rationale says you're not offering what market is asking. But their emotional response is it's my company and I decide how much the job is worth.

#71 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-09-22 08:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#69 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Speaking of disposal, "Over 737,000 COVID-19 vaccines have been disposed of in TN, GA, AL, and NC, about one-third of it was wasted in the last two months." drudge.com

As anyone can plainly see, if you had to lay this at the feet of a political party, it's Republicans who are the problem.

#72 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-22 09:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What is "economic rationality?"
It it economically rational to want more money than you could ever spend in a hundred lifetimes?

#73 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-22 09:03 PM | Reply