Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Vaccinations can be a controversial subject for many people, especially when it comes to injections. So what if you could replace your next shot with a salad instead?

Comments

A slow day at the Ruskie troll farm?

#1 | Posted by a_monson at 2021-09-21 01:04 AM | Reply

#1 | Posted by a_monson

Well, if it isn't the genocidal racist. Pick up your check from China, comrade?

No Pedo Hate!

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-09-21 01:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You made it sound like vegetarians were all going to be put in camps and tortured with bacon.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-21 12:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Medicinal plants" meets 21st century science.

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-09-21 01:47 PM | Reply

UC Riverside is the best. Who's side? Riverside! Who's side? RIVERSIDE!!

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-21 04:26 PM | Reply

"Vaccinations can be a controversial subject for many people, especially when it comes to injections."

If you are so frightened of an injection probably your genes are not worthy of passing on to another generation. And my gastrointestinal system is probably the wrong place to bring a vaccination as it will probably make my stomach hurt for days, give me diahrea and probably not work any way. No, I'll stick with an injection. The only medicine I want to eat is edible marijauna, I do love that stuff. I only use it occasionally for sleep but it works so well I do sleep like a baby when I eat a little tiny piece. If you suffer from insomnia, as I have for years, try it. You'll thank me.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2021-09-22 07:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The plants also have microchips in them.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2021-09-22 10:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

A few things to consider.

First, mRNA are inherently unstable. The vaccine has them packaged in liposomes, I believe, to keep them stable an taken up into cells. The mRNA expressed in plants would have no such advantage and would readily be destroyd by the acids in the stomach and enzymes in the intestines. So delivery to cells for expression and presentation to the immune system is highly unlikely.

If, this can be overcome, many people are still extrodinarily anti-GMO. And have no doubt about it, this is the very definition of GMO. So many who would take a vaccine would never touch this stuff and will protest loudly about it.

Lastly, most who are anti COVID vax are not anti because they don't want a shot. They are anti having it forced on them or for political reasons. If you can't force and injection how are you going to force a salad? Sneak it in; sounds like a law-suit waiting to happen. You aren't getting people to eat a salad against their politics.

Interesting research, but still probably not the covid answer.

#8 | Posted by MBlue at 2021-09-22 10:27 AM | Reply

"They are anti having it forced on them or for political reasons."

No, they're -------. They can go ---- themselves.

#9 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-22 03:09 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by Tor

I don't get it. Why... can't Bill do that?

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-09-22 07:15 PM | Reply

#8 | Posted by MBlue

But the microchips will still work, right?

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-09-22 07:19 PM | Reply

Of course microchips aren't as unstable as mRNA.

Most of the people I know who are anti-vaccine are meat and potatoes people anyway so the only way they would eat a vaccine salad is after it was eaten by a cow then the cow killed and chopped up into steaks.

#12 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-09-22 07:27 PM | Reply

Love 'dem med plants

#13 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-22 09:12 PM | Reply

If you want republicans to get the vaccine you have to put it in a gun, steak, or beer.

They already think salad is a liberal conspiracy.

#14 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-09-22 09:41 PM | Reply